Windowed Mode?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Windowed Mode?

Unread postby Mozared » 02 Jul 2007, 14:38

Hello,

A very simple question for y'all: Does HOMM5/HOF have a window-mode option, and if so, how to activate it? I couldn't find anything in the graphic/game options, and I've tried alt+enter which doesn't work either. Using the search function I've found a thread somewhere which kind-off suggested changing your profile-file and putting "GAME_FULLSCREEN" to 0 instead of 1, but if you ask me there's got to be an easier way.

Anybody?

khakishorts
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby khakishorts » 02 Jul 2007, 15:22

I'm afraid that's probably the only way to change Heroes to window mode. However, I'm quite disappointed by the fact that when in windows mode, you don't get the three buttons one usually gets in the top right hand corner of the window (minimizing, resizing, and exiting). If anyone has a neat solution for playing Heroes V in REAL windows mode, please feel free to contribute.

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby nevermindspy » 02 Jul 2007, 16:18

Why would you want this?

Is this some attempt to make the game run faster?

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Unread postby evilp » 03 Jul 2007, 03:43

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Re: ..

Unread postby Mozared » 04 Jul 2007, 14:23

nevermindspy wrote:Why would you want this?

Is this some attempt to make the game run faster?
Well, for one; Usually when I'm speaking to friends online the main thing I do is working on my map. But now I've reached the point where my map really needs playtesting all the time, and it's rather annoying if everytime I want to continue my map I have to shut down all conversations, get in the game, playtest it for an hour or so, and return to talk to palls.

Thanks for the link evilp, checking it out now.

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Huh?

Unread postby nevermindspy » 05 Jul 2007, 07:01

What you mean when speaking to friends , Like msn? is msn/icq whatever really slows down homm5 for you that much??!

katabroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katabroc » 06 Nov 2007, 18:48

I did make the game run on a window, but the game halts when I minize, alt tab the window. Is there a way to make it keep running on background? I would like to let the computer play it's turns while I do other things :)

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 06 Nov 2007, 19:27

This has been one of my biggest gripes agaisnt HOMM5. It's a turn-based game; why the heck does it need to halt when running in the background. Most reflex-based games keep going to your play detrement, and this turn-based one with crazy long computyer turns, stops!? I can't win.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Nov 2007, 20:55

When I tried Window mode with TotE, the position of my cursor was off by about 5 pixels... it was quite annoying.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”