Custom Maps question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 29 Jun 2007, 20:52

I'd just like to note that when I tried those setvar changes nothing happened. When I queried in the ubi forum smith_bd said the change no longer worked in 1.5/2.1.

Please somebody report back if it works for them. Also, anyone who has tips, they would be appreciated.

I will say this, one fan map that is large that works well for me is "four kingdoms". Each player can get control of four castles in his/her starting area. The numbers get pretty big if you like that sort of thing.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 29 Jun 2007, 20:53

AngelEyes wrote:
2, Open the file autoexec.cfg situated at: c:\program files\ubisoft\Heroes of might and magic 5\Profiles\
3, Add setvar ai_time_limit = 18000 to the end of the file
Once I did those steps above (mentioned in the tweaking link), the AI turn time went down drastically. The game is much more playable (and enjoyable!) now.

NOTE: There is a seperate config file for HoF that must also be tweaked.
Thanks, I much appreciate the tip but I can't open a .cfg file :(

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 29 Jun 2007, 21:26

HodgePodge wrote: Thanks for that information. So for HoF there are tow autoexec_a1.cfg files; one in the H5 directory and the other in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Profiles directory. Should both of these be changed?
I only altered the c:\<Heroes5 Install>\Profiles file. Never touched that other one. The autoexec_a1.cfg is the right file for HoF though (at least for me!).

For me it has worked on 2.1. Playing a large map right now ("Extra Large") with no unusual delay between turns. Prior to this modification, it was taking 4-6 minutes between turns after a few weeks, which was completely unacceptable.

As for the AI going 'retarded', well I never thought it was all that bright to begin with, so I can't really comment there. I think somewhere in that thread it says setting the AI turn length below 3000 makes it go bonkers, so that's the only tip I can give there.

cher:
Open the .cfg file with Notepad.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 03 Jul 2007, 23:00

I have another custom maps question. Why do some maps I've downloaded and put into the maps folder not show up in the list?

2 examples are:

Sutychka_11_eng.h5m
and
Nerivniumovy_10_eng.h5m

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2007, 00:21

cher wrote:Thanks, I much appreciate the tip but I can't open a .cfg file :(
Use Notepad. :)
cher wrote:I have another custom maps question. Why do some maps I've downloaded and put into the maps folder not show up in the list?

2 examples are:

Sutychka_11_eng.h5m
and
Nerivniumovy_10_eng.h5m
Be sure to check the 'Show Multiplayer Maps' option to view all the maps. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 04 Jul 2007, 00:39

HodgePodge wrote:
cher wrote:Thanks, I much appreciate the tip but I can't open a .cfg file :(
Use Notepad. :) Yes, answered by Angeleyes, thanks
cher wrote:I have another custom maps question. Why do some maps I've downloaded and put into the maps folder not show up in the list?

2 examples are:

Sutychka_11_eng.h5m
and
Nerivniumovy_10_eng.h5m
Be sure to check the 'Show Multiplayer Maps' option to view all the maps. :)
I have checked both single and multiplayer lists already

Return to “Heroes V-VI”