H5 and windows Vista

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

H5 and windows Vista

Unread postby saugeen » 28 Jun 2007, 14:47

Heroes 5 seems to be quite slow loading and closing on Vista. Is anyone else experiencing this. I have all the latest patches. H3 & 4 run great on Vista. Is there any tweeking I can do to improve this. Or maybe this is just a problem with H5 because of the graphics.

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 28 Jun 2007, 14:52

This happens when you are low on RAM. Vista generally need more RAm than XP to run. Also H5 is a very RAM consuming game. I'd recommend having 1,5 - 2 gigs of ram for this (I know, crazy).

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jun 2007, 14:54

saugeen wrote: H3 & 4 run great on Vista. Is there any tweeking I can do to improve this. Or maybe this is just a problem with H5 because of the graphics.
You got H-IV to run on Vista, I know this is the H-V forum, but you are the first to report that H-IV ran under Vista, so please what did you do? :oex:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

H5 and Vista

Unread postby saugeen » 28 Jun 2007, 19:33

According to my husband I have 6 or 7 gigs of RAM. I had XP already installed when I got h5 and then upgraded to Vista. As far as H3 and H4, Ireally didn't do anything. I was using older MS operating systems when I first used H3 & H4. Heroes 3 and 4 seem to compatable with other older operating systems.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 Jun 2007, 19:45

6-7 GB of ram? I find that very unlikely.

To see how much memory you have, hit the little window icon bottom left side of screen, and then click on "Computer". At the bottom of the window it should tell you very basic information about your PC, like "Memory".

fwiw I have no problems running H5 on Vista. I have 2 gigs of ram.

You may want to make sure your video card drivers are updated.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jun 2007, 19:51

It may well be you have some sort of dual boot that still runs H-IV with XP, and not Vista, darn it. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”