Centaurs?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 28 Jun 2007, 05:37

HodgePodge wrote: Do you think there's a chance for Centaurs ever to be aligned with … let's say, the Castle-Haven??
Unlikely. Since the setting is medieval this kind of "unnatural" mix between human and horse would probably be condemned as horrible mutation. More practically, they have no trouble putting humans on horses to have the same effect, so it would be a bit redundant.
How about undead Centaurs, though? :)
ZZZzzzz....

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 28 Jun 2007, 06:05

ThunderTitan wrote:Neither does a Centaur.

@watcher83
It is there, just called Orc instead of Satyr.
You mean the lv3?
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 28 Jun 2007, 06:15

he means basic orcs in general, i think. orcs are human-demon, so naturally the base orc would be human-horned demon.

well theres undead cyclopses, so y not centaurs. however, i always saw centaurs as more noble things. maybe they could fit in a barbarian town, i guess, but undead is just too far a stretch. what i would like to see is a big old wizard centaur for an Academy-type town. with a long white beard and long white hair and all.. i think that might work

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2007, 15:51

HodgePodge wrote: I've always loved my Centaurs since Heroes I! While the Centaur's reputation has been muddied by such brazen acts as rape, durnkeness, disloyalty, etc. I have always loved them in the game
If more women loved centaurs then the poor things wouldn't need to ravage soon to be wed maidens to get a wife.

soupnazii wrote:and yet, here we are discussing rape, kidnapping, obscure Acts from the late 19th century, and political correctness in Germany under the title of Centaurs....
Rape and Centaurs have a rich and interwoven history... those naughty centaurs always kidnapped lasses instead of doing the proper thing and buying them from their fathers. The only honorable one was Chiron... he did it the civilized way, taking in young nubile god-children and trained them as payment... all with the fathers consent. Also, he taught Hitler how to be a nazi... so it's all on topic.
:devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Jun 2007, 15:56

HodgePodge wrote: Of course, like people, there are wild & savage Centaurs too; but somewhere there must still be noble and magical Centaurs left, such as this one:

Wow. 8| It should be named: Ponytailed-Centagasus. That art conception doesn't fit, imho, although it's quite nice. I mean: that's like the human body part would be hanging because of the wings...dunno, it's just too much stuff. :D

I vote for Calygreyhound! :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jun 2007, 17:56

Panda Tar wrote: Wow. 8| It should be named: Ponytailed-Centagasus. That art conception doesn't fit, imho, although it's quite nice. I mean: that's like the human body part would be hanging because of the wings...dunno, it's just too much stuff. :D

I vote for Calygreyhound! :-D
No just a product of a mixed marriage in a free and open society. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jun 2007, 17:57

You could say that.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jun 2007, 18:26

ThunderTitan wrote:If more women loved centaurs then the poor things wouldn't need to ravage soon to be wed maidens to get a wife.
You mean like this??!?? Image
Jolly Joker wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:Do you think there's a chance for Centaurs ever to be aligned with … let's say, the Castle-Haven?? :-D (smilie added for emphasis)
Unlikely. Since the setting is medieval this kind of "unnatural" mix between human and horse would probably be condemned as horrible mutation. More practically, they have no trouble putting humans on horses to have the same effect, so it would be a bit redundant.
How about undead Centaurs, though? :)
Um, right. Silly me. My weak attempt at satire was obviously not appreciated. I added the smilie too late. :-D :-D :-D
Undead Centaur? What a hoot! :hoo: If there is such a creature, I'll see if I can find a pic.

Panda Tar wrote:
HodgePodge wrote: Of course, like people, there are wild & savage Centaurs too; but somewhere there must still be noble and magical Centaurs left, such as this one:

Wow. 8| It should be named: Ponytailed-Centagasus. That art conception doesn't fit, imho, although it's quite nice. I mean: that's like the human body part would be hanging because of the wings...dunno, it's just too much stuff. :D
I just thought it was such a nice picture. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jun 2007, 18:32

HodgePodge wrote: You mean like this??!?? Image
You see their marriage could have a son that looks like

Assuming we can account for the wings probably on the fathers side. :devious:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”