Centaurs?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Jun 2007, 16:36

The last stand :) Man the thread has been derailed so many times but couldn't you just sent him a pm?
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jun 2007, 17:01

Wolfsburg wrote:Rename the thread:

Are all centaurs rapists?

Subtitle:

A socio-historical analyse of the sexual behavior of the equus hominis hominis and its repecussions on teenager-Nymph pregnancy
I vehemently protest the slanderous belittling of the noble race of Centuar! Okay, so they get a little wild sometimes and get a bad reputation for not being able to control their sex drive and for changing loyalties more times than any other creature in the Might & Magic Universe … but still, what do you expect from a half-man with a dork the size of ……… ;|
Wolfsburg wrote:We all know that satyrs are only fiendish when they drink too much wine. ;)
Which is always.
Elvin wrote:The last stand :) Man the thread has been derailed so many times but couldn't you just sent him a pm?
Yes, please.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 27 Jun 2007, 18:17

HodgePodge wrote: I vehemently protest the slanderous belittling of the noble race of Centuar! Okay, so they get a little wild sometimes and get a bad reputation for not being able to control their sex drive and for changing loyalties more times than any other creature in the Might & Magic Universe … but still, what do you expect from a half-man with a dork the size of ……… ;|
Oh, that explains why they got expelled from Rampart. Legend says the elves are the exact opposite :devious: :D

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Jun 2007, 18:27

You'd think the Dungeon would welcome them back with bonded arms.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Jun 2007, 18:41

Campaigner wrote:I've....had it with you jj....no more patience.

I wasn't gonna reply anymore to the offtopic things but you persist and you're not getting away with it this time.

The thread gets ontopic again but ofcourse you have to get it oftopic again and say it's MY fault too!

And to top it all off you talk crap about your nations former leader just like a politically correct, brainwashed German of today. For all your historystudies you obviously have "forgot" to research a part of your nations past from a politically incorrect perspective....can't say much more than that here. Have to check some things up with an admin first....

And about that marriage rapething....rape in my mind means attacking and using force. In a marriage (where the couple like eachother and wont hurt eachother is called sexual explotation by me. And I'm talking about the western world here). And if rape has another meaning to somebody else, well, good for you.

Mods: Yeah I could just have ignored what he said like I've done a few times before but he will just continue. And sometimes you have to make a stand.
I'd like to point out that in Germany you'll go into jail when you make historically false claims about the use of concentration camps with regard to Jews or any other victims as a certain scene likes to do. Now, your part about Germany and political correctness is conveniently vague, especially for someone who allegedly wants "to make a stand". Then again it's not too vague to get ideas and make some conclusions, as faulty as they may be.
Why am I not surprised about what I read between the lines?
Furthermore it looks like you haven't learned anything in the meantime about spousal or marital rape and the legal situation not only in the Western world but even in parts of India, a country not specifically known to be feministic.
But there's one point I agree with you:
Sometimes you have to make a stand indeed.
ZZZzzzz....

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Jun 2007, 19:48

What does German history have to do with Centaurs again?

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Jun 2007, 20:02

In Germany, as elsewhere, centaurs used to be allowed to rape their spouses. That was until the German Half-Equine Voluntary Marital Celebacy Act of 1876 outlawed forced cantauric intramarital fornication for good, and set a precedent for female centaurs around the world to throw off their status of sexual slavery and finally become free to say no to their half-stallion partners. So really it is quite natural the spousal rape and German history became an integral part of this thread. :proud:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Jun 2007, 20:04

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about the German Half-Equine Voluntary Marital Celebacy Act of 1876.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Jun 2007, 20:07

I would think that, being in law school, you'd have at least been exposed to some of the serious issues dealing with Mythological Creature Law. :rolls eyes:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Jun 2007, 20:11

A lack of serious mythological legal education is actially one of the chief complaints about law schools today.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 27 Jun 2007, 20:17

Tell me about it! I heard that teenage alcoholism is a great problem in the Satyr population...

And Corribus :applause: damn funny approach

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jun 2007, 20:23

Corribus wrote:In Germany, as elsewhere, centaurs used to be allowed to rape their spouses. That was until the German Half-Equine Voluntary Marital Celebacy Act of 1876 outlawed forced cantauric intramarital fornication for good, and set a precedent for female centaurs around the world to throw off their status of sexual slavery and finally become free to say no to their half-stallion partners. So really it is quite natural the spousal rape and German history became an integral part of this thread. :proud:
Not to mention that since the female centuars threw off their status of sexual slavery, female equines world wide have been flexing their feminine muscles. Just look what happened recently … A Filly Won the Belmont Stakes. :-D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Jun 2007, 20:42

I'd run pretty damn fast too if I had all those horny stallions after me. :devious:

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 27 Jun 2007, 21:29

Campaigner wrote:
And about that marriage rapething....rape in my mind means attacking and using force. In a marriage (where the couple like eachother and wont hurt eachother is called sexual explotation by me. And I'm talking about the western world here). And if rape has another meaning to somebody else, well, good for you.
Kind of like how beating your kid in some countries is "education" and not abuse?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Jun 2007, 00:11

Corribus wrote:In Germany, as elsewhere, centaurs used to be allowed to rape their spouses. That was until the German Half-Equine Voluntary Marital Celebacy Act of 1876 outlawed forced cantauric intramarital fornication for good, and set a precedent for female centaurs around the world to throw off their status of sexual slavery and finally become free to say no to their half-stallion partners. So really it is quite natural the spousal rape and German history became an integral part of this thread. :proud:
Best post ever! That's why I had to quote the whole thing.

_____

Concerning the centaur I am glad that it is in the game and I hope that it is suitably powerful. It's good that it is a shooter but maybe having it be four squares limits it's usefulness.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Jun 2007, 00:50

Great stuff Corribus :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Jun 2007, 00:53

Yeah...however we all know that the true culprits of the Centaur "rampage" were the demons.

They reveled in the chaos...:devious:

The centaurs have no free will I tell you! Haven't you ever played WarCraft 3? :devil:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jun 2007, 04:23

winterfate wrote:Yeah...however we all know that the true culprits of the Centaur "rampage" were the demons.
Of course, like people, there are wild & savage Centaurs too; but somewhere there must still be noble and magical Centaurs left, such as this one:

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 28 Jun 2007, 04:44

hmm Ive been out a while.. this was the first thread i saw and im actually pretty surprised to see it like this... last time i checked (actually that was pretty long ago) threads are just not allowed to go off topic, right? otherwise they are immediately closed by our noble moderators. and yet, here we are discussing rape, kidnapping, obscure Acts from the late 19th century, and political correctness in Germany under the title of Centaurs....

what has this forum come to..

aaannnyways, i think centaurs are good any way they may be portrayed, as long as they fit in with the main theme of the castle they are a part of, whichever that may be. or as neutrals, actually. either way, im just glad their back in the game.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jun 2007, 05:01

soupnazii wrote:… what has this forum come to …

aaannnyways, i think centaurs are good any way they may be portrayed, as long as they fit in with the main theme of the castle they are a part of, whichever that may be. or as neutrals, actually. either way, im just glad their back in the game.
This Forum exists so Heroes Fans can discuss varied and diverse viewpoints of everything and anything associated with Heroes of Might & Magic, including its creatures.

I've always loved my Centaurs since Heroes I! While the Centaur's reputation has been muddied by such brazen acts as rape, durnkeness, disloyalty, etc. I have always loved them in the game. So far, Centaurs have been aligned with Chaos, Nature & the Barbarians. I think I liked them best when they were aligned with Nature, although with the Barbarians was a close second.

Do you think there's a chance for Centaurs ever to be aligned with … let's say, the Castle-Haven??

Well I found a few pictures which may change some people's minds about the base characteristics the Centaur race is accused of. Above is one of them, here are a couple more:

Image ……… Image

Return to “Heroes V-VI”