The place for betaplayers to share info with the masses.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jan 2006, 12:15

PARANOIA ALERT

PARANOIA ALERT

PARANOIA ALERT

PARANOIA ALERT

Does anyone else find it weird that Fabrice appears only when accused about milking money from us?
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 24 Jan 2006, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 13:34

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Does anyone else find it weird that Fabrice appears only when accused about milking money from us?
Nope. Makes perfect sense to me. :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 24 Jan 2006, 14:23

Does anybody find it weird that, no matter what the game/developer/reviewer, there are always conspiracy theorists? :)

Personally, it sounds like the open beta is already providing valuable information for them -- if it's crashing left and right, hopefully they'll have time to release a finished product that won't do the same thing.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 24 Jan 2006, 14:29

MuadDib wrote:
umfridus wrote:Fabrice said they will get hardly any money from the open beta, but also said the deal with GameSpy was good and reasonable. Huh? I really don't get what he's smoking. :disagree:
Deals dont always involve money, you know...
In this case this is simple : three day exclusive against bandwith and exposure.
I'll take your word for it. I have no reason to disagree. But that doesn't mean I won't in the future. If the game is bad and the review is good ... well, we shall see.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 14:40

Bandobras Took wrote:Does anybody find it weird that, no matter what the game/developer/reviewer, there are always conspiracy theorists? :)
Nope again.
Bandobras Took wrote: Personally, it sounds like the open beta is already providing valuable information for them -- if it's crashing left and right, hopefully they'll have time to release a finished product that won't do the same thing.
Shouldn't that have been done in the closed beta? Well as long as they fix it in the gold version i guess it's okay.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jan 2006, 15:57

ThunderTitan wrote: Shouldn't that have been done in the closed beta? Well as long as they fix it in the gold version i guess it's okay.
The more people that test it,the less chance that some bugs will slip.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 16:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Shouldn't that have been done in the closed beta? Well as long as they fix it in the gold version i guess it's okay.

I was talking about the "crashing alot" thing! And the fact that most people on the beta board seem to only be able to play 4-5 turns. I do happen to not be retarded, you know.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jan 2006, 16:21

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:

I was talking about the "crashing alot" thing! And the fact that most people on the beta board seem to only be able to play 4-5 turns. I do happen to not be retarded, you know.
But the crashing might happen after the changes were made.You know,closed beta tells them that this feature is buggy,and they fix it,but it unearths another problem.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 17:32

DaemianLucifer wrote: But the crashing might happen after the changes were made.You know,closed beta tells them that this feature is buggy,and they fix it,but it unearths another problem.
A fix that makes it worse. :devil: Well it's not like it didn't happen before. SP2

MuadDib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MuadDib » 24 Jan 2006, 17:42

DaemianLucifer wrote: Does anyone else find it weird that Fabrice appears only when accused about milking money from us?
I'm actually an undercover CIA agent - and as you know the CIA uses backentries in Google to check everything on the net, so I know when you talk about me ;)
You can try by mixing the words "bomb", "allah", "heroes 5" in one sentence : in a few minutes you will have men in black knocking at your door !

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 24 Jan 2006, 17:58

MuadDib wrote:I'm actually an undercover CIA agent
Aaa.. :idea: Now I finally understand where the abbreviation C.I.A. comes from:" Cambounet Investigation Agency ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 18:04

MuadDib wrote: You can try by mixing the words "bomb", "allah", "heroes 5" in one sentence : in a few minutes you will have men in black knocking at your door !
OMG, they'll bomb allah with heroes 5. Quick, tell Osama.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Jan 2006, 18:50

JoniJM wrote:Aaa.. :idea: Now I finally understand where the abbreviation C.I.A. comes from:" Cambounet Investigation Agency ;)
:rofl:

p.s. Change the lol smiley....You should be able to tell what a smiley is emoting just by looking at it and when looking at the "lol" smiley I think it's saying "blablablabla".

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jan 2006, 18:56

MuadDib wrote: You can try by mixing the words "bomb", "allah", "heroes 5" in one sentence : in a few minutes you will have men in black knocking at your door !
This is the first link that comes up when those are entered as a search in google :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 19:21

DaemianLucifer wrote:
This is the first link that comes up when those are entered as a search in google :devil:

The second one is more interesting!

I especialy like this one:
Women Who Make the World Worse And How Their Radical Feminist Assault is Ruining Our Families, Military, Schools, and Sports

It's good to see that Sports is right up there with Family![/quote]

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 24 Jan 2006, 20:56

seems like the NDA is as tight as ever. If its cherry gets popped before Thursday I'll be infinitely happy. if not then I'll have to take matters into my own hand on Thursday.

the lack of indulgence has never been this bad.

LongDarkBlues
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby LongDarkBlues » 26 Jan 2006, 07:01

In the name of not spreading disinformation - i shall thusly edit this away! Carry on, people!
Last edited by LongDarkBlues on 26 Jan 2006, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jan 2006, 09:40

From your post, I think you've found the old leaked alpha version. The real open beta should be availible for anyone to download today, so I suggest you wait until then. More posts about the alpha version will run a high risk of being deleted.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jan 2006, 09:59

LongDarkBlues wrote:Well, here's some opening thoughts of mine: I've been playing it for about 45 mins so far - thank you torrents - and it seems fairly cool. (we are still posting beta stuff, right? is that ok? I'm not actually a beta tester, so it seems that it'd be fine.)

Obviously the game looks great, but man does it run slow. I've got an Athlon64 and 2 gigs of RAM and this thing crawls along. I'm running Windows XPx64, so maybe it's just that the demo isn't optimized for 64-bit systems yet? It is playable though, and fun so far. There are some things that take a little getting used to - right clicking to get any information, for example, and not being able to buy troops from within their city dwellings (you buy them through the main castle interface). The battle grid definitely changes size - I've fought on a 7x7 grid and a 14X12. The combat feels pretty classic - the 3D attack animations are used well, not as annoying as I thought they might be.

It would be nice to explore some more options - but the options are greyed out for now. There's certainly a lot of missing features in this version of the beta - the marketplace, the in-town dwellings, etc - also I couldn't figure out how to upgrade my troops to the next level once I'd already bought them, and I didn't see a way to choose which angle you attack from - hopefully that'll be rectified soon.

I don't know which version of the beta this is - it coudl be the new one, or it could be an earlier leak. I had a great time playing it and, as I was hoping, the hours slipped away quite quickly playing it. Assuming that all the missing stuff is taken care of and the frame rate at least doubles. it should be good in an interface/graphics/music way. It's way too soon for me to gauge how good the AI is or how well balanced everythign is, which is what will really determine how good the game is in teh long term. I"d read that people who'd been beta testing for a while had some serious complaints, but after playing for a couple of hours, it already seems leagues ahead of the disaster that HOMM4 was - it's close enough to 3 to make me happy and with a lot of interesting new stuff. I'm optimistic.

Dude, that's not the BETA.

EDIT: Ups, sorry Cain, didn't see your post there.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 26 Jan 2006, 13:44

I know I'm not getting it. :S

After all the bad reviews :S , I'll save myself the misery of getting it, doing 5 turns and then it crashes... :disagree: I'll wait for a demo that works. :creative:
Grah!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”