How will the Buy All button work now?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

How will the Buy All button work now?

Unread postby King Imp » 06 Jun 2007, 07:51

I brought up this point in one of the alternate upgrade threads, but it was never responded to.

Being as Nival has proven in the past to overlook things, I figured I'd bring up this point now so we can talk about it and maybe someone higher up will notice it and make sure it works properly before release.

You know how when you click the Buy All button now, it will automatically try to buy all the upgraded units first and only if the gold is inadequate, will it fill the remainder with the unupgraded units? Well, how will this button work now with two upgraded units per level? How will it know which to buy over the other? I know I will be quite annoyed if I make the mistake out of habit of clicking the button and it ends up buying the units I didn't want.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 06 Jun 2007, 10:14

Maybe it should buy the un-upgrated units and then you manually upgrade them into the ones you want...
another interesting interface question would be how will the upgrade button work? I think we will need 2 of them...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: How will the Buy All button work now?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2007, 14:56

King Imp wrote: Being as Nival has proven in the past to overlook things, I figured I'd bring up this point now so we can talk about it and maybe someone higher up will notice it and make sure it works properly before release.
:lolu:

optimism is so cute.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 06 Jun 2007, 18:04

ThunderTitan wrote:
King Imp wrote: Being as Nival has proven in the past to overlook things, I figured I'd bring up this point now so we can talk about it and maybe someone higher up will notice it and make sure it works properly before release.
:lolu:

optimism is so cute.

That's why I said maybe. I know damn well no one will bother to pass this along and make sure it works properly. Why would they, that's the smart thing to do and we can't be having that now.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2007, 18:28

King Imp wrote: That's why I said maybe.
That's why I said optimism and not delusions. :tongue:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 06 Jun 2007, 20:09

most likely the buy all opion will be deleted
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 06 Jun 2007, 20:35

watcher83 wrote:most likely the buy all opion will be deleted

Then where can I send the medic's bill to cure my incoming carphal tunnel syndrome?? Ubival's office??
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jun 2007, 20:41

I remember what happened with some inactive dwarven buildings in 2.0 map editor. No, they were not fixed - they were removed by 2.1 :disagree:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”