Sylvan Strategy Thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

sylvan favored

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 07 Nov 2009, 14:13

I do agree with dragons but not with hunters.They are overly strong,but they have TINY HP,so they can be easily killed with Emerald Dragons.I'd rather pick Treants and Unicorns or Druids.
And hey,can anyone(not just Winterfate) post ToE strategies?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: sylvan favored

Unread postby Pol » 07 Nov 2009, 14:25

VAMPSVSZOUNDS wrote: And hey,can anyone(not just Winterfate) post ToE strategies?
Yes, it can. ;)
(Generally speaking.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 22 Nov 2009, 13:37

A small opinion: when fighting dungeon, favoured enemies should be dragons, maidens and HYDRAS. Not witches. Nobody has enough money to hire out everything, so Dungeon players will only bring a few witches to cast spells. They might not even have a lot of them, just like you might not have many treants because of build-up issues.

We're talking about reducing damage potential here. You want avenger to make a difference, and if its a unit that will have done its damage already (rune patriachs) or would be easily killed anyway (arcane archers) its pointless. Hydras are slow tanks but problem is they stay alive to let warlocks cast more spells. Since meteror shower is their spell of choice then chances are you will have a few small stacks left while the warlock only has the hydras left - perfect for multihead attack and no retaliation!! They also have low power rating which usually means +8 attack skill at least from enraged ability.

No really, I know everyone is trained to kill shooters and casters first but please, DON'T leave hydras to the last.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”