Possible Crash fix

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mshuster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Possible Crash fix

Unread postby mshuster » 04 Jun 2007, 13:45

After playing smoothly for several months, HOF 2.1 started freezing my computer in a seemingly random manner while playing. The freeze could happen on any screen at any time, and I was unable to alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete to get out, so would always have to hard restart.

I remembered a fix for some issues with Oblivion, which was specific to HP machines (I run and HP pavilion media center with 2 GB RAM and twin AMD 4400+ processors). This fix was to go into the task manager and quit any processes starting with hp before playing (in my case, hpcmpmgr.exe and hpsysdrv.exe). This seems to have made the crashes less frequent. Last I played several hours with no issues.

By the way, my player settings include a high level of scroll speed and the classis heroes view. When I start up a game, the scroll speed is set to normal until I go into the game settings menu, hit apply and return (without hitting any buttons). A very minor annoyance to be sure, but I've not seen it reported elsewhere.

Also, I experience the bug where Runes don't work. I only play off the official CD, no images or cracks. Was there a fix posted for this? It is a little annoying that I can't really take the dwarf faction for a real test drive.

Michael

Return to “Heroes V-VI”