Will the ToE AI be less dumb??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2007, 15:33

tumorbane wrote: Since reading the thread I upgraded from 1GB RAM to 2 and it makes a world of difference.
What he meant was that better looking games run just fine on 1GB...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 19 Jun 2007, 16:30

Or maybe that games run just fine on WinXP and not Vista :devil:

(TT, you just seem to love 2D graphics so much... duh!... and btw, you don't know what you're talking about... more RAM doesn't solve the graphics slowdowns, that's what the Video RAM is used for; so it wasn't the 3D's fault)
Last edited by Apocalypse on 19 Jun 2007, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 19 Jun 2007, 16:33

I get that, TT. I don't pretend to know how many calculations are made in HV vs. these other better looking games, nor can I offer any excuse as to why with 1GB RAM clicking "Save" creates a 15 second delay and makes the computer start to give off heat. I was just sharing that more RAM does indeed overcome these problems. It's not necessarily an attractive solution for everyone, but it's a solution.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2007, 16:37

(TT, you just seem to love 2D graphics so much... duh!)
No, just good graphics... there are some nice looking 3D games out there too...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 19 Jun 2007, 22:40

tumorbane wrote: Interesting thread. In a "H6" thread a few months ago, I argued that I'd much prefer H6 just to work better/have better AI than a million new monsters/towns (that would just make the AI dumber) and got shotdown.
I'm with you on this one ....

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 20 Jun 2007, 19:27

Thanks. Honestly, I can't imagine ever getting tired of a Heros series if the AI/gameplay was good and they kept coming up with good new maps/scanarios/campaigns. Updating the graphics every few years is fine, and adding a new monster here and there is cool, but the focus should be on AI, gameplay, speed, AI, and did I mention AI?

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 20 Jun 2007, 23:45

tumorbane wrote:Thanks. Honestly, I can't imagine ever getting tired of a Heros series if the AI/gameplay was good and they kept coming up with good new maps/scanarios/campaigns. Updating the graphics every few years is fine, and adding a new monster here and there is cool, but the focus should be on AI, gameplay, speed, AI, and did I mention AI?
Don't forget a "rockin'" map editor ...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Jun 2007, 01:30

ThunderTitan wrote:
(TT, you just seem to love 2D graphics so much... duh!)
No, just good graphics... there are some nice looking 3D games out there too...
Such as?

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 21 Jun 2007, 02:20

[/quote]

Don't forget a "rockin'" map editor ...[/quote]

Amen brother. Honestly, I used to love making an occasional map for my wife...with a lot of inside jokes, etc. It was simple and impressive (to her at least). I just can't do with with HV.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2007, 21:15

PhoenixReborn wrote: Such as?
Well Homeworld 1 still looks OK, and DoW doeswn't look too shabby (except the orcs sometimes). And i've always thought that Dark Reign 2 (2000) looked better then WC3 (2002).

I just can't do with with HV.
You're just being lazy obviously... :devious:

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 22 Jun 2007, 14:08

You're just being lazy obviously... :devious:[/quote]

Well, yeah. Maybe I should try again now that I've updated my RAM. Still, I just liked the HIII common method of popup text on certain days or when you encountered something. That was very easy to do and led to nice storytelling. I read about a mod that allows it for HV map editing but I couldn't get it to work right.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”