Cant play downloaded maps...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dc1123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cant play downloaded maps...

Unread postby dc1123 » 28 May 2007, 15:25

Hi.

Apologies if stupid question. And I've done a search on the forums but couldn't see where this is answered although I know it must be! :|

I've downloaded some maps which I've put into the "maps" folder which is at C:program files/ubisoft/heroes of might and magic v and was utomatically created when I used the editor. I have the game patched to 1.05.

But when I choose to play custom maps, the maps I've downloaded and put into the map folder do not appear in the list.

Any help as to what I'm doing wrong would be great. Thanks.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 28 May 2007, 15:32

well it can be simple... just mark "show" multiplayer maps" on your map selection screen........

dc1123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dc1123 » 28 May 2007, 15:59

fiur wrote:well it can be simple... just mark "show" multiplayer maps" on your map selection screen........

I have done that, they're still not there.

Could it be that I am playing with UK / European edition of game and maps were maybe created by people with other versions ?

Thx

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 May 2007, 16:10

Did you unpack the .zip file and place the .h5m into the maps folder?

dc1123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dc1123 » 28 May 2007, 16:13

PhoenixReborn wrote:Did you unpack the .zip file and place the .h5m into the maps folder?
yep, sorry forgot to mention i DID unzip them and then put the unzipped .h5m file into the maps folder....

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 May 2007, 17:37

In that case the map must be unfinished...did you get the map from celestial heavens, I've never had a problem with those. There were a couple of maps from Elrath that didn't work, but the CH ones work.

Other than that, I really don't know.

dc1123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dc1123 » 28 May 2007, 18:00

[quote="PhoenixReborn"]In that case the map must be unfinished...did you get the map from celestial heavens, I've never had a problem with those. There were a couple of maps from Elrath that didn't work, but the CH ones work.

Other than that, I really don't know.[/quote

Maps were from maps4heroes.com..... just downloaded one from celestial heavens and it works fine

thanks you very much for your help !!! much appreciated

Return to “Heroes V-VI”