Going for Ultimate Skills

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Going for Ultimate Skills

Unread postby shep61 » 22 May 2007, 22:21

OK, call me a masochist, but since I have beaten the campaigns on heroic multiple times and played most of maps out there, I have decided to play the campaigns on heroic again, with 1.5, but will attempt to get the ultimate skills in every campaign.

I realize this will lead to less than optimal heroes in many cases, but what the heck? It's worth a try. Gives me something to do while I wait for "Tribes".

So, I finished the Haven campaign. Obviously it's not possible to get either Isabel or Godric to the ultimate in that campaign. The cap is too low. But, I got both to their level caps in the last mission and both have skills that still allow them to get to the ultimate later. I think Godric gets reset to level 10 in the necro mission he is in, so maybe it's not possible for him, either.

I finished the Inferno campaign last night and fell short of the ultimate by three slots. The skills needed for the ultimate in Demon are actually quite useful. I had attack, luck, logistics, dark magic, and enlightenment.

The last mission is pathetic. I hit the cap at 30 in mission four, but there is no way to get even one level up in mission five. I killed every neutral and took experience on every chest and barely got 75% of the way to level 31.

But, I think it's still possible with some better choices earlier on and some luck with the witch huts. I'm trying again tonight.

Next is necro, which I think will be a real problem. Bad skills to get to ultimate.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 22 May 2007, 22:28

Findan can't get the ultimate as well since he starts with archery. Oh well you might as well give it a shot as you'll never get them in multiplayer :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Going for Ultimate Skills

Unread postby nevermindspy » 24 May 2007, 06:07

shep61 wrote:OK, call me a masochist, but since I have beaten the campaigns on heroic multiple times and played most of maps out there, I have decided to play the campaigns on heroic again, with 1.5, but will attempt to get the ultimate skills in every campaign.

I realize this will lead to less than optimal heroes in many cases, but what the heck? It's worth a try. Gives me something to do while I wait for "Tribes".

So, I finished the Haven campaign. Obviously it's not possible to get either Isabel or Godric to the ultimate in that campaign. The cap is too low. But, I got both to their level caps in the last mission and both have skills that still allow them to get to the ultimate later. I think Godric gets reset to level 10 in the necro mission he is in, so maybe it's not possible for him, either.

I finished the Inferno campaign last night and fell short of the ultimate by three slots. The skills needed for the ultimate in Demon are actually quite useful. I had attack, luck, logistics, dark magic, and enlightenment.

The last mission is pathetic. I hit the cap at 30 in mission four, but there is no way to get even one level up in mission five. I killed every neutral and took experience on every chest and barely got 75% of the way to level 31.

But, I think it's still possible with some better choices earlier on and some luck with the witch huts. I'm trying again tonight.

Next is necro, which I think will be a real problem. Bad skills to get to ultimate.
Here's a suggestion , start playing online multiplayer..
Ofcourse you'll get your ass kicked at first but you'll learn with time.. :hoo:

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 24 May 2007, 19:40

Thanks for the "challenge", but I'm not a "mp" kind of guy, on any game. Not my style.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 May 2007, 23:38

Well, challenge or not I enjoy some multiplayer if only for the in-game chatting and company. Single player is just for playing the campaigns once or twice, then it gets too boring as far as I am concerned.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

-BiS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Going for Ultimate Skills

Unread postby -BiS » 25 May 2007, 06:47

nevermindspy wrote:Here's a suggestion , start playing online multiplayer..
Ofcourse you'll get your ass kicked at first but you'll learn with time.. :hoo:
/lurk mode off

That doesn't have to be the case. When i started playing online mp i won most of the games without much trouble. Played about 70 games and i have around 55 wins and around 15 losses so far. Most of the people playing online are clueless russian teenagers who do nothing more than curse in russian and speak very poor english. Two best opponents i played against were croatian, they beat me both but it was close. Online mp is nothing to be afraid of since really good games (challenging games) come by only once in a while, most of the time you can just wipe the floor with those people.

/lurk mode on... ...later.

Fraudatio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraudatio » 29 May 2007, 17:51

You should try some games in the tournament of honor then! (toheroes.com). At least you know then that you probably will face some sort of decent opponence, and some of the players (like nevermindspy here) are quality. After I found out about this community, a whole new dimension opened, it is just great fun.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 29 May 2007, 20:51

Fraudatio wrote:You should try some games in the tournament of honor then! (toheroes.com). At least you know then that you probably will face some sort of decent opponence, and some of the players (like nevermindspy here) are quality. After I found out about this community, a whole new dimension opened, it is just great fun.
pick one from this list:
http://www.toheroes.com/rankings04.asp?rank=lord
http://www.toheroes.com/rankings04.asp?rank=legionnaire

Then I'm pretty sure you'll get an desent fight :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”