Dungeon Alternatives !!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3316
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Jolly Joker » May 23 2007, 11:58

The only forced thing is your criticism of "limb sizes".

User avatar
Mirez
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1511
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Postby Mirez » May 23 2007, 12:05

sweet :D
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Baduum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 32
Joined: 04 Jun 2006

Postby Baduum » May 23 2007, 12:34

If it is one thing they should change about the shadow ******, for the love of god make her go faster when she moves... Even more true now if she has no shooting, gonna have to melee with her in big battles after spells are used.. That means walking, and my keyboard cant take any more anger fits when she starts her slow parade..
They ride in a single file, to hide their numbers.

User avatar
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3325
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Postby Orfinn » May 23 2007, 12:35

Stop bashing the mistress now. the last upg looked even more slutty.

The upg alternatives here looks very well, they seems stronger than the first upg set...as I feared but the thing that partly diminish my fear for unbalance are indeed the lack of shooters :D

Before I continue the stats and maybe looks are work in progress!

The new minotaur looks fierce, no more slavery here but a meatbag thougher than any other, puny 3rd lvl unit (I guess=)

Stalker looks nice too, have a Scout look but new clothes, lol and those blades....*gasp*

The acidic hydra are looks vile, special and unusual in a good way. The colors fits the name acidic very well. Acidic blood? well thats gotta be alien 8|

The mistress, oh the teal hair, I love it, teal and blood red are my fav colors so that dosent botter me. Fiery whip, rdy to some hot action!

The red dragon is a nasty, evil looking creature. maybe a bit too much armor but pack a deep impact in the soul of other dragon, pointy armor, deadly as hell. And my first guess for the new dungeon alternatives were in fact red dragon, Im gladly surprised I saw that my vision became real :D Incarniate...time for BBQ!!!

Black Rider. Yeah well nice looking, you just dont wanna this one running after you while your ride a pony.

The blood witch, well thats a bloody one, and she looks great too :)

The specials are interesting. Incarniate, invisibility, acid blood etc. Before the new abilities for the new upg set came forth. I thought in mind a cameleon ability, funny also this one became somewhat real, not invisibility like but camoflage like.

User avatar
vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 493
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: sweden

Postby vulnevia » May 23 2007, 13:00

Romanov77 wrote:Nice...finally we get a straight dragon.

Stocking are bit...odd in a fantasy enviroment, but I can live with that....


also, its nice to see that they are real alternatives to the old units...



Acctually I think that dragon has more rainbow colors than the Rainbow Dragon ;)

User avatar
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith
Posts: 1277
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Citadel of Frosts

Postby MistWeaver » May 23 2007, 17:24

Jolly Joker wrote:The only forced thing is your criticism of "limb sizes".


Really ? If her hands are ok, why did you mentioned all this Modigliani and special attention on proportions stuff, instead of "what a hell are you talking about" ? ;)

User avatar
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 92
Joined: 11 May 2006
Location: Dark side of the moon...

Postby RommeL_666 » May 23 2007, 17:35

bad very bad very very bad
Red Dragon?why?it looks like a children toy with all that armor
Hyrda even more stupid
Rider is maybe the only one good and the invisibility of that "scout"

I expected the most from Dundgeon but it seem we are going to get the least. even the heaven are more better shaped then this. i allways played with dundgeon,maybe i should try now with sylvan and their Rainbow dragon,they could try a bit harder then this ;|

there is still hope for them,let`s wait for Necropolis :D
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

User avatar
Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Location: Karthal :P

Postby Monteniger » May 23 2007, 18:52

Gaidal Cain wrote:I never really understood why they had to change them in the first place.


They tried to be original ... ;|

MistWeaver wrote:No. She should be at hospital, changing her artificial limbs to smaller ones.


:rofl: and while they're at it they should have a manicure - some longer nails would be just great,since they're not fighting much anyway... But I think that Angels would get jealous then...

and I would really like to see Picasso Zombies ... After all they are using various body parts to create them in the first place ... So just some Necromancy talent and sense for arts and woila...
Last edited by Monteniger on May 23 2007, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3325
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Postby Orfinn » May 23 2007, 18:54

RommeL_666 wrote:bad very bad very very bad
Red Dragon?why?it looks like a children toy with all that armor
Hyrda even more stupid
Rider is maybe the only one good and the invisibility of that "scout"

I expected the most from Dundgeon but it seem we are going to get the least. even the heaven are more better shaped then this. i allways played with dundgeon,maybe i should try now with sylvan and their Rainbow dragon,they could try a bit harder then this ;|

there is still hope for them,let`s wait for Necropolis :D


Jeez, can you at least argue why you think they are bad?

Hydra even more stupid....yeah because?

Each persons opinion but for me a reason for what you say that are a prequisite.

At least for me the new upg are original to me, they have their creativity working at ubival (finaly)

Really ? If her hands are ok, why did you mentioned all this Modigliani and special attention on proportions stuff, instead of "what a hell are you talking about" ?


You sarcastic need for attention...oh my :-D

User avatar
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 92
Joined: 11 May 2006
Location: Dark side of the moon...

Postby RommeL_666 » May 23 2007, 19:35

Orfinn wrote:
RommeL_666 wrote:bad very bad very very bad
Red Dragon?why?it looks like a children toy with all that armor
Hyrda even more stupid
Rider is maybe the only one good and the invisibility of that "scout"

I expected the most from Dundgeon but it seem we are going to get the least. even the heaven are more better shaped then this. i allways played with dundgeon,maybe i should try now with sylvan and their Rainbow dragon,they could try a bit harder then this ;|

there is still hope for them,let`s wait for Necropolis :D


Jeez, can you at least argue why you think they are bad?

Hydra even more stupid....yeah because?

Each persons opinion but for me a reason for what you say that are a prequisite.

At least for me the new upg are original to me, they have their creativity working at ubival (finaly)

Really ? If her hands are ok, why did you mentioned all this Modigliani and special attention on proportions stuff, instead of "what a hell are you talking about" ?


You sarcastic need for attention...oh my :-D



no problems,but bad english,no ok..

Hydra,well as I look all others new upg. this could go better. why did they put red color instead a black one or maybe more grey.well they are from underground why red? Dundgeon are attacking race, maybe a little more iniative fot hydra not some acid breath.

deffinit problem is too little hitpoints for black dragon,hydra can fix this but needs more iniative just like too fast dark rider.THEY MUST FIX THE BALANCE PROBLEM, not bring new units,that is my opinion, ok?
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"



jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

User avatar
Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Location: Karthal :P

Postby Monteniger » May 23 2007, 20:00

RommeL_666 wrote:Hydra,well as I look all others new upg. this could go better. why did they put red color instead a black one or maybe more grey.well they are from underground why red? Dundgeon are attacking race, maybe a little more iniative fot hydra not some acid breath.

deffinit problem is too little hitpoints for black dragon,hydra can fix this but needs more iniative just like too fast dark rider.THEY MUST FIX THE BALANCE PROBLEM, not bring new units,that is my opinion, ok?


I don't see it as balance problem... Dungeon have already too much high-initiative creatures , and Hydra is meant to be a tank creature ... and with 6-headed attack it would be overpowered if she gets to move more often... and you can't have all the creatures with same stats ... some are just better then the other and the balance is achieved trough growth rate...And as they already said all statistics are not yet final...

And why Red... Well they've been red in H3 and it wasn't a problem... Maybe it's because they spit fire so high metabolism is making them blush... ;|
Image

User avatar
Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon
Posts: 316
Joined: 19 Apr 2007
Location: Chräiebuerg

Postby Wolfsburg » May 23 2007, 20:12

I am ready to take the units as they are!

But, I disliked the excessive armor or the red dragon (everyone knows theres nothing harder then dragonscale), and the somehow futuristic goggles/eye make-up of the mistress. And thats all!

About limb proportions...

Nah... not discussing this one.

Made me laugh as a joke and makes me laugh as a critic.

User avatar
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3325
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Norway

Postby Orfinn » May 23 2007, 21:08

Hydra,well as I look all others new upg. this could go better.


Everything in this world could be better, if its so bad, modders are always welcome to try to spice things up a bit:)

Yeah Its ok dude:) Im just so tired of seeing bashing spam in almost every thread over here, these dayz.

But, I disliked the excessive armor or the red dragon (everyone knows theres nothing harder then dragonscale), and the somehow futuristic goggles/eye make-up of the mistress. And thats all!


Yeah dragonscale are the strongest, but the armor dosent need to be there only for even more protection, but to make the dragon more fierce and scarier than without and the enemies will tremble ;) :devil:

User avatar
jerseys
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 56
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jerseys » May 24 2007, 17:25

Orfinn wrote:
Yeah dragonscale are the strongest, but the armor dosent need to be there only for even more protection, but to make the dragon more fierce and scarier than without and the enemies will tremble ;) :devil:


Or it could be to help to TAME the dragon because he's very fierce. I lake the idea a lot.

User avatar
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 5475
Joined: 27 Aug 2006

Postby Elvin » May 24 2007, 23:46

Tame or not they give off that evil dungeon dragon feeling :devil:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

User avatar
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 1786
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Location: Paris

Postby okrane » May 25 2007, 7:54

I think removing magic immunity is the best thing that happened to the red dragons. Now you can nicely cast your power of speed and bloodlust on them thus making them stronger.

Still they are a little weaker than the BD at least w/o knowing what that incinerate ability does...

For now my lineup would be:

Assasins - still ranged applying poison sounds good. Will see if invisibility is worth it.
Blood Furies - the extre 2 point of init are priceless imo, althougth the alternatives are a bit tougher
Minotaur Captains - good tank with aura now
raiders - I don't know yet about that ride-by-attack but I find grim raiders pretty good killing big stuff
Deep Hydras - Regen is just so good for abuses early on. Later on maybe a more offensive hydra could be good
lvl 6 I don't know yet, I tend to go for the alternates but we'll see. I wonder about Eruina's special, how will it work with the fact that the alternates are melee
Red Dragons - they seem better

User avatar
Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 242
Joined: 17 Mar 2007

Postby Apocalypse » May 25 2007, 12:42

These alternatives are cool, except that they are all red and thus look from a different 'clan' than the original ones. Are they from that demon clan or what?

If this is true and they'll continue this way, we'll get renegades for Haven :(

PS: Abilities ideas:

Invisibility - creature can't be attacked by shooters until there's one enemy unit nearby to 'discover' it.
Immune to Curse - Immune to Curse (Weakness)... sux
Aura of Bravery - ? like bravery but an aura?
Acid Blood - when this creature is attacked, it inflicts damage (or poisons) to every adjacent unit (since its Acid is released)
Incinerate - creature's attack adds an incinerate effect: the target will suffer 75% then 50% then 25% damage the next three turns.
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

User avatar
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 1786
Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Location: Paris

Postby okrane » May 25 2007, 18:22

Apocalypse wrote:If this is true and they'll continue this way, we'll get renegades for Haven :(

i thought that was clear
Apocalypse wrote:Incinerate - creature's attack adds an incinerate effect: the target will suffer
75% then 50% then 25% damage the next three turns.


I think that was Ignite...

User avatar
Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 242
Joined: 17 Mar 2007

Postby Apocalypse » May 25 2007, 18:29

I think that was Ignite...

No, Ignite deals the same amount of damage (some %) for three actions... like 50%, 50% and 50% (not 75%, 50%, 25%) ;)
(I know, the hero's ignite deals 33%, but...)
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

User avatar
watcher83
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 230
Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Location: Konos

Postby watcher83 » May 30 2007, 8:58

Red Dragon and the blood witch look awful, the rest are nice especially the stalker
Blood Fury remains my favourite unit in the game
Where exactly does the rainbow end?


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests