Sylvan Alternatives (pics)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 16 May 2007, 21:29

Lol, my thoughts exactly, GOW :)

I really like the elf alternative upgrades.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 16 May 2007, 22:33

I was expecting some mean ass looking elfes who's upgrades different then the normal upgrades, not some lazy color changes :disagree:
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 16 May 2007, 23:24

Well, Ubival is in a lose-lose situation. If they make alternatives fitting in a way to the town, they will be called lazy and such. If they make something like the renegades, they'll be called wackos for breaking the mood (like many people question now how the heck can a life-sucking angel be in one town with palladins).

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 17 May 2007, 07:35

Pixie---> Rabid Mongoose
Blade Dancer---> Polar Bear
Hunter ---> Intelligent Elderberry bush
Druid ----> WereElephant
Unicorn ----> Ettin
Treant ---> Hill Giant
Green Dragon ----> Giant Purple Penguin
:rofl: :rofl:
Seriously, some fans wan`t to bash the game no matter what.

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 17 May 2007, 10:43

too much criticism
I'm not a great fan of Nival but...
like I said it's a good line-up
they look more vicious
they have new abilities
If Nival would make one more expansion with two more factions(shalassa & sylath) than we would have 10X21 town creatures + let's say 15 neutrals=225 units and that would really rock(the most diversed game ever)
but still with 8 factions and no new neutrals we will still have 8X21 + 9= 177 creatures which is good
If the game is balanced it will be the best tbs ever
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 17 May 2007, 11:33

If the game is balanced
Nival and Ballance? I don't wan to sound pessimistic, but I am afraid that we will need to use mods for that cause it shall take some time until Nival ballances everything.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 17 May 2007, 12:50

Sauron wrote:
If the game is balanced
Nival and Ballance? I don't wan to sound pessimistic, but I am afraid that we will need to use mods for that cause it shall take some time until Nival ballances everything.
agree,it has allways been that way.

vauuu alt. upgrades, same units diffrent colors a lame try, like that renegades,everybody will chose them besides the old ones, maybe they should try to make our choice harder.Like when I had to think,to chose Nightmare or Efreeti in Heroes 4.:devious: I think that with that interesting try of making haven units red they will got more players with them,beceause they look like bad guys :D just maybe...
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 May 2007, 21:20

MistWeaver wrote:
Orfinn wrote: And seriously chew on the meaning "It could be WORSE!"
1""Well, position like "lets eat this sht, cause its better than that sht (or could be worse)" doesnt work for me, sorry.""

1:Well since we dont have that much influence on Nivals creative brain cpasitivity, I guess we just have to send them death treats or/and just calm down and adapt, a thing we humans have hard time to learn but once mastered, everything is a fact.
Orfinn wrote: no wonder games get bad critism :disagree:
2""Err.. Bad games.. ""

2:So why does it sell besides the juicy title?
Bad game in your opinion, its a matter of taste yes, but I gotta humble say H5 improves more and more each time. Takiing baby steps into a future legend, though that as I see here in alot of threads, will take alot of time. But they who wait for something great wont wait in vain, to bad there aint a time limit there :P
Orfinn wrote:Comment in a constructive way ;)
3""So you dont agree that we have slapdash here (both names and visuals) ?""
3:No I havent said that. The "rainbow" dragon could need a serious repainting iff not the rainbow breath really are RAINBOW breath with 7 colors. its not final but I doubt they wont change the dragons "glorious" colors which remind me more of an oily sapphire dragon. But dude it kept the design of the green dragon which were better in amny fans eyes than the design of the emerald ones shapes.

The other one Im not so pleased with are the Bløadesinger...urm instead of that scarf well, he could have a similar face mask of the assassin or glowing blue tattos maybe?, the name....unusual but original (correct me if Im wrong there) I adapåt very quickly by using my own fantasy to see how this name bladesinger can fit... hmm hes so good with blades, he could sing while ripping enemies apart! or maybe hes called bladesinger because of his ability to cut very well through objects, beings and air with great eas, so it sounds like he makes his blades sing ;)

Now Im back of to play Jedi Knight and make my saber swing at those #¤%# stormtroopers :D

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 17 May 2007, 21:30

Or maybe because the name is ripped off from elsewhere. Not sure if it is a dnd class but in baldur's gate 2 there was a bladesinger armour. What a coincidence :hoo:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 May 2007, 22:43

Interesting, I knew that name was too good to be original...what about rainbow dragon? :|

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 18 May 2007, 16:57

Is it only me that finds these alternatives too saturated (the teal color)? And the White Unicorn is too bright!

Otherwise, they're cool.
And not to forget to mention that they had utiopic ideas that new upgrades will look completely different. No developer would be stupid enough to make 42 completely new models. A waste of time for an expansion for any game.
I agree. People complain when they don't even know how hard is to make models from scratch (especially 42 for an expansion... no way!)

Hmm, anyway, why 42?
7 factions * 7 levels = 49
PLUS the orcs!
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2007, 21:29

Yeah, even proffesionals will be stressed when designing something they have done before...I like the teal/turquoise/cyan color spectrum. Its even my personal color :D And is not that monotone, the other upg set are gold/brown/yellow *cough*

Just something I got a mindboggler on.. I guess the new demons will be blackish with same amount of fire like the first upg line, maybe mostly red flames on them instead of mostly yellow.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 18 May 2007, 21:42

I don't care much for these "new" creatures. Looks like they thought: let's pump up the blue colour, down the best details and bore the living daylights out of Heroes gamers :disagree:
Way disappointed.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2007, 22:43

Yeah. Some cant just adept to the truth. The teal elves are gonna stay :devious:

Cheer up, at least they arent undead elves ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 May 2007, 22:47

Still don't get the Rainbow Dragon... they should have just used another gem (Jade Dragon or something).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 18 May 2007, 22:59

Jade...would fit but I thought mostly on Sapphire or Blue dragon. The green dragon is mostly green, the emerald, emeraldish cyan, then the most logical step would be a more bluish dragon like sapphire.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 19 May 2007, 15:21

I am once and again an exception. I knew from the beggining that Ubi would never come up with 42 new designs for the expansion. So it wasn´t a turn off in first place when the new upgrades came based on the previous units. And I happen to like them. Although Apocalypse its right when he points the colors as saturated. One needs sunglasses to stare this goddamn unicorn!

What I deffinately think deserves a change are some of the names.

Dryad - historicaly and contextualy perfect
Blade singer - Very clever change to blade dancers
Sharp shooter - I like it
High druid - Predictable, and has no relation to the wolfskin he displays
White unicorn - What colour has to do it?
Anger treant - Looks like the names my 7 year old cousin comes up with
Rainbow Dragon - I like jade or saphire dragons better. Unless they dare a little bit more with the colours.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 May 2007, 21:43

Wow the dragon sure attracted some attention :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2007, 22:02

Wolfsburg wrote:I am once and again an exception. I knew from the beggining that Ubi would never come up with 42 new designs for the expansion.
So not being delusional makes you an exception. I see.
Blade singer - Very clever change to blade dancers
I'll let the AD&D guys know.
Sharpshooter - I like it
I was great in H3 too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 May 2007, 22:12

Orfinn wrote:Yeah. Some cant just adept to the truth. The teal elves are gonna stay :devious:

Cheer up, at least they arent undead elves ;)
Now you've jinxed us all.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”