Necromancy in 2.1 ???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Necromancy in 2.1 ???

Unread postby jerseys » 14 May 2007, 00:18

Why does it sometimes do nothing? No, I'm not out of dark points because it was with a hero fresh out of tawern and next time, same week it did work. Besides, when I'm out of dark points the game says so.

Also, how's it determined what creatures I get and if they're upgraded or not? Once I got like 12 vampires but it was only once. And once I got upgraded ghosts even when I only had the unupgraded ones in my army.

I bought the game only recently, but I played 1.0 at my friend's house long time ago and I could swear there was a necromancy skill to raise skeleton warriors instead of just skeletons. I'm I dellusional? And it there was such skill, which of the current skills did it substitute?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 May 2007, 01:17

Your necromancers all share and contribute to a pool of dark energy.

You were out of dark energy. Please download the fan made manual. It has lots of information about dark energy and what creatures can be raised and how much dark energy it costs.

To download the fan made manual for your version and language click
here

Click here for a recent discussion on dark energy.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Necromancy in 2.1 ???

Unread postby jerseys » 14 May 2007, 02:31

thanks. That's very helpful. Now I only need an answer to my thord question:
jerseys wrote: I bought the game only recently, but I played 1.0 at my friend's house long time ago and I could swear there was a necromancy skill to raise skeleton warriors instead of just skeletons. I'm I dellusional? And it there was such skill, which of the current skills did it substitute?
anyone?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 14 May 2007, 02:39

The Skeleton Archer skill was taken out in 2.1 because it is no longer relevant, thanks to the vast changes in Necromancy.

It made your Necromancy raise Skeleton Archers instead of regular Skeletons. :)

It was replaced by Mark of the Necromancer in 2.1.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 14 May 2007, 11:17

winterfate wrote:The Skeleton Archer skill was taken out in 2.1 because it is no longer relevant, thanks to the vast changes in Necromancy.

It made your Necromancy raise Skeleton Archers instead of regular Skeletons. :)

It was replaced by Mark of the Necromancer in 2.1.
Thanks. But I'm still feeling weird because I could have sworn I've seen mark of the necromancer befor. Was it an ability to some other skill? Or maybe there's just something wrong with my head.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 14 May 2007, 13:06

Mark of the Necromancer used to be called Spirit Link. You needed Master of Curses (or whatever the Mass Slow/Confusion one's called) to get it. As it's now one of the skills that comes with Necromancy you only need Corrupted Soil from Dark Magic to get Howl of Terror (4 levels off?).

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 14 May 2007, 15:02

Thanks for your help! What great memory I have :)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 16 May 2007, 09:02

IRT aaelgr

If I remember correctly, mass slow you get from Master of Mind. For Master of Curse you get mass weakness. But you are correct, in older version, you have to have Master of Curse to get mark of Necro.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”