How's multiplayer these days?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Morannon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How's multiplayer these days?

Unread postby Morannon » 13 May 2007, 10:08

been away for a long time. Stoped playing only a few months after release because online multiplayer always crashed.

So how is multiplayer now? Is it active? Does it crash much?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 May 2007, 12:43

From my experience and last visit online..You can say that the MP...is...not very attractive...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 13 May 2007, 14:44

Orfinn wrote:From my experience and last visit online..You can say that the MP...is...not very attractive...
lol! When has it ever been? :rofl: Multiplayer has never worked properly in Heroes V for normal play and probably never will. Check back when TotE is released but don't hope for any miracles.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 14 May 2007, 02:12

Campaigner wrote:
Orfinn wrote:From my experience and last visit online..You can say that the MP...is...not very attractive...
lol! When has it ever been? :rofl: Multiplayer has never worked properly in Heroes V for normal play and probably never will. Check back when TotE is released but don't hope for any miracles.
Well I don't agree at all!
I play alot online over at www.toheroes.com
Soon I got 100 mp games online! :)

(we don't use the UBI server we use hamachi
www.hamachi.cc

ArchangelGabriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchangelGabriel » 12 Jun 2007, 19:19

It's stable ... at least if you use Hamachi. Problem is: It's still slow as hell.
I really don't know where there is the problem with simultaneous turns even if players walk right into the homezone of the others.

If you don't want to have a situation like in Age of Wonders - Shadow Magic where players could attack another player as soon as a new round started you could just make a script which prohibits attacks for 10 seconds so that every player can move his hero away.

Now you really have to fear you could enter "forbidden terrain" cause anytime the round per round stuff could start.

I want simultaneous turns ... I don't like the ghost mode and I don't want to wait up to ten minutes. Even in simultaneous mode it's horribly slow sometimes. And I'm only playing with one person ... don't know what happens if there are 3 or more human players.

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

hmmz

Unread postby nevermindspy » 13 Jun 2007, 12:52

ArchangelGabriel wrote:It's stable ... at least if you use Hamachi. Problem is: It's still slow as hell.
I really don't know where there is the problem with simultaneous turns even if players walk right into the homezone of the others.

If you don't want to have a situation like in Age of Wonders - Shadow Magic where players could attack another player as soon as a new round started you could just make a script which prohibits attacks for 10 seconds so that every player can move his hero away.

Now you really have to fear you could enter "forbidden terrain" cause anytime the round per round stuff could start.

I want simultaneous turns ... I don't like the ghost mode and I don't want to wait up to ten minutes. Even in simultaneous mode it's horribly slow sometimes. And I'm only playing with one person ... don't know what happens if there are 3 or more human players.
I'm not sure what your talking about..
I play ALOT (ALOT!!) and there is no slowness at all for me what so ever ,maybe you have a bandwith or computer speed issue?
- If you need any help in that regard i can help..
Hmmz no one i know that plays online uses ghost mode - yes it does slow the game and with simultanius turns its just unnessery .

In anyway right now you can say multiplayer is finally stable at least 99.999% of times

And i'm also not sure what your complain about the sim turn is? It works rather well , only problem i see with it, it that it sometimes trigger too soon without a real chance for players to meet..

And yes if u plan to play online the only place you should go is www.toheroes.com

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 13 Jun 2007, 18:00

Campaigner wrote:
Well, it has been...during the beta test. :( Back then there were more players than today.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Jun 2007, 01:48

I played a Multiplayer game over the Ubi server today for about 3 hours. No crashes, no lag, no disconnects.

I also got surprised by an AI Wizard with early access to Fireball. :)

There were at least a few people in the lobby (Standard-Training Channel).

We were using non-expansion 1.5 because he doesn't have the expansion yet.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”