Dark Energy

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Dark Energy

Unread postby aaelgr » 12 May 2007, 13:51

I know that dark energy has been introduced to balance Necromancy, but how does it work? More specifically, how does the game work out how many points you have or how much creatures cost?
Main reason I ask is that the amount my hero has seems to change each week, as do the cost of creatures e.g. After one fight, 1 skeleton archer=3 points. Next day, another battle, 1 skeleton archer=4 points!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 May 2007, 13:59

I'm guessing it's 3.5, so it fluctuates between 3 and 4.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 May 2007, 15:35

Dark Energy Pool = 200 + Hero_Bonus + Building_Bonus
where:
» Hero_Bonus: each hero contributes to the pool according to his level. His Mastery of the Necromancy skill then
basically serves as a multiplicator (see the table below)
» Building_Bonus: each Pillar of Bone in your kingdom contributes 150 Dark Energy points, as does the Tomb of the Lost (Grail structure).

That is a quote from page 206 of the fan made manul for HOF.

To download the fan made manual for your version and language click
here

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 12 May 2007, 23:30

Thanks for the link to the fan made manual. I didn't realise it even existed!

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 13 May 2007, 08:21

Errm, values have changed in 1.5 compared to 2.1 I expect a 1.5 update of the manual.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 13 May 2007, 09:27

Yeah, and some values are ridiculous, like the Pillar of Bones giving 20 DE :| :disagree:
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 13 May 2007, 10:10

Err, no. You start with 50 DE more, and the hero bonus per level has been doubled. The problem is that the pillar effect adds up when you have more than one town.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 13 May 2007, 10:21

I didn't mean Necromancy got weaker. I just said that 20 DE is a joke and that structure is next to useless (only useful for the Lich requirement), since the 10% Necromancy bonus is not useful because we have sooo high Necromancy now... (not like it was without DE)

I would like to see the Pillar give 80 DE and you start with 200. It will make the structure more useful as it should 'cause it costs 10 Sulfur. Also, other races benefit much from more towns with their buildings (+10% chances to critical hit with Avenger, +10% damage from Elemental Chains, more Trained troops per week, +10% gated creatures, etc), so why make Necro an exception to this?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 13 May 2007, 10:58

Because Necro has that other building that allows creature conversions of OTHER towns.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 13 May 2007, 11:05

I fail to see the connection between the Sacrifice building (which all evil races have) and the racial ability boosting building. I mean, Inferno can also sacrifice creatures from other towns. Same with Dungeon. The problem is that the Undead Converter is much more powerful, even overpowered (in many towns games). But this has nothing to do with Pillar of Bones, just make the Undead Converter use up DE points when converting or something to nerf it.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 May 2007, 11:06

Apocalypse wrote: Also, other races benefit much from more towns with their buildings (+10% chances to critical hit with Avenger, +10% damage from Elemental Chains, more Trained troops per week, +10% gated creatures, etc), so why make Necro an exception to this?
Except for the Academy of course. Nival has no love for artificer.

I haven't played around with 1.5 necros yet since I am working on a HOF map at the moment. But if necros now get more DE or more DE early necros keep getting stronger with every patch.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 May 2007, 12:37

Indeed. The Necromancer shouldnt get any more booze boost now. DE works fine.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”