Ultimate abilities

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Baduum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ultimate abilities

Unread postby Baduum » 03 May 2007, 23:09

Do anyone else than me think that most ultimate abilities are pretty impossibel to get to? Been trying to get ultimate abilities on three different XL maps, but i always seem to miss around 4 levels when i finish the map..

Also, most of them dont seem worth it at all, and some leave out what I call key skills for that class.

The knight one is just bad, the necro one looks good but leaves out luck, summoning magic and a low level of dark magic, the sylvan one is pretty imba but leaves out any magic skill and the super imbued ballista, the warlock one doesnt include destructive magic or sorcery (i lol'd), the wizard one.. well if you aint got the spells you need at lvl29 you probably did something wrong..

The demon lord one is interesting, since i think it gives nice skill on the way to it, but then again lvl 29 required.. Same with fortress really.

Im very disappointed with these ultimates.. why are they there really when you so seldom want them/can reach them?
They ride in a single file, to hide their numbers.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Ultimate abilities

Unread postby Elvin » 03 May 2007, 23:57

You are right, some are pure crap or have insane requirements as well as being available around lvl 30-maybe earlier with favourable witch huts.
Nobody tries to get them as it is more of a hindrance than an actual benefit. Only the sylvan, necro, dwarven and inferno seem good but by the time you get them a typical multiplayer game is long overdue.
One of the skills has a 2% chance per lvl-up to appear so you cannot depend on it.
Also note that most heroes can't get them because they start with something that prevents them from getting one of the requirements.
And haven's ultimate apart from being weak it has BAD skill choices.
Forget about them it's a lost cause...
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 May 2007, 00:16

Yeah, I agree. Most of them aren't really worth going out of the way to get.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 04 May 2007, 05:21

I agree. This abilities are way too hard to get. I wish they could just change and reduce abit the requirements. Lets say instead 24 Lvl's of pre-requirements to reduce to 20 or something else. Or maybe make super artifact that gives you the Ultimate straight away or that gives you the Skill +3 needed Abilities. You know it will make the whole process faster.

I also agree that Haven Ultimate is the suckiest one. really the whole retaliation can help you in the early game and not when you have a huge army and much better spells.
Sylvan and Inferno are easily the best Ultimates. Fortress is cool and Necro could be useful on some occasions.

Like i read someone said that these Ultimates are mostly for Campaign. But even then some cant be reach like with Findan on Sylvan campaign that they gave you Tactics (i found it out like when i was level 24 and i was going for the ultimate lol). I got the Wizard Ultimate in Campaign but by the time i got it i had only the last castle to destroy (but it was fun to have all spells). And now i play HoF on last mission and i can either pump my Warlock to get Ultimate or my Dwarf (which has really nice ultimate). But again when i reach them i'll probably will have 1 last dude to kill :/

Anyway, i really think that they need to change the skill system only for the Ultimates so they can be used and make the pre-requisites useful! Because you need also to survive UNTIL you get the Ultimate...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 04 May 2007, 07:24

there are mods that change this...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 May 2007, 10:35

Find the mod here:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/527

Or check out a discussion about it first: viewtopic.php?t=3878

However, I don't know if the mod is compatible with HoF and the later patches.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 04 May 2007, 12:45

Well:

Knight one does not sux if u know how to use it:)
It' connected to training skill. But I think it doesn't have it's power like in 1.4/2.0.
Let's say u have enough money to fund training skill and train all peasants into paladins each week - on XXL map I was able to get around 750 paladins(not low:)) and I had expert defense + stand your ground and big defense skill - the best thing on retalation trike is that it doesn't matter on opponent's defenses - u'll always kill same number of units even if defense is 170:).
With exp defense, high defense skill + stand your ground it is really difficult to kill all paladins when they sit down and...wait:)

To rage of elements - this really rocks but u n many altar of primal element - even with 2 of them u are able to score 80% more dmg with u'r units if u attck weak opponnet to u'r element.(that's why luck is on it's wat to rage of elements) cuz double dmg means double element dmg(100 base, 180 against weak one, 200 with luck but none vs weak one and 360 against weak with luck).
So if u have let's say 4 altars, 60% increase without ultimate, 120 with it. - more than double dmg! count luck and nice dmg will be there...
So I like pick up attck skill. As 4 destruction spells - master of fire is ideal 4 lowering defense by half...that means dobule dmg(ouch)(so if base is 100, 200 4 defense red, 320 4 element bonus and finally 640 4 luck - that hurts)

4 necro - imagine inferno army , all gated in and there are 14 inferno units on combat - and with this, they have 50% chance of not acting - completely ruins any strategy planning.(count also that pesky - 1 initiative x)) if u use pre req(from 1.4 again:-/) with mass weakness and mass suffering it will be hard time bringing necro army down.

Urgash's call - well what's better if u can block enemy shooters from attcking when u want? gating slow pesky pit lords right in the front of titans:)(Titans will not cheer on their vorpal swords:))

Nature's luck - devastating - with expert attck, frenzy and nature's wrath and if u have light magic with mass devine str, mass righterous might and mass haste combat will end shortly.

Arcane omnisciense - well, what's better than expert armegeddon and u don't n to spend any skills 4 it? or expert puppet master? expert teleport?
IMO it's worth of taking.

Ultimate protection - 1/2 half dmg from all attcks? IMO 1 of the best perks - if u can cast magical imunity and rune of elemental imunity on all u'r stuff, u can cast armageddon without being dmged by it, and of course with expert defense, preparation, defensive formation, high defense skill, some light magic with mass endurance and deflect missiles u are able to hold very long. Also, Armageddon is powered up by master of fire - which helps u to negate u'r low attck skill and ignite. U aren't affected by this cuz of imunity to magic and fire imunity from runes.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 04 May 2007, 14:35

So if u have let's say 4 altars, 60% increase without ultimate, 120 with it. - more than double dmg! count luck and nice dmg will be there...
Uhmm, no. It's not more than double damage, because without the ultimate you still have 60% increase, so the ultimate gives you only a 60% increase to damage, and you have to own four altars!!! for this high bonus (not to mention it will trigger only when you attack creatures with the opposite elements)
It's not worth of taking it, IMO, especially because of the requirements
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 May 2007, 14:51

I thinks it's better to just get yourself a good skill tree then to have sucky one to attempt getting ultimate (you also need luck with the choises you have)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 10 May 2007, 12:12

I think the only requirement for the ultimate should be the hero level. For example it could be like that:
- on level 20 you get a 10% chance for the ultimate to appear on your level up
- on level 21 you get 20% chance

and so on.
Of course the numbers itself have to be tweaked.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”