continue a map after buying expansion?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
finkellll
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

continue a map after buying expansion?

Unread postby finkellll » 29 Apr 2007, 16:00

Can i keep making a map after i buy the expansion, or do i have to finish up first? (if i do thats gunna suck) (yes i no i just gathered money for the $20-30 expansion im in college gimme a break :P )

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Apr 2007, 19:47

Well thats a good question. No wonder if they screw it up and make the previous save files and maps uncompatible with the new expansion. But we can always hope it will work. I dont quite know about your situation in detail, but if I were you I would finish my map...if you have spare time that is, I guess college is a thing you should focus strictly on since Im norwegian and heard rumors that college in the states are very difficult...correct me if im wrong :)

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 29 Apr 2007, 22:29

once you install the expansion, you will have two versions of the map editor a HOMM V one, and a HOF one with all the dwarf/snow objects.

you can open a map made with regular HOMM V with the HOF editor.

once you do that, your HOMM V map is converted into a HOF map and cannot be opened again with the old editor.
and i think it can only be played with HOF after that.

so you have to decide which version you want the map to be playable in.
that should be how it all goes....or at least what happened to me.

finkellll
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby finkellll » 30 Apr 2007, 19:32

sweet thx myythryyn, my question has been answered (if anyone cares if this can b closed now or not)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”