emphasize strength or compensate weakness?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 06 Jun 2007, 14:07

well ofcourse no one is going to take destructive with haven. tjis will not be compensation nor strenghning the army. It has nothing to do with that faction and so it is comparing apples and potatoes.

basically haven play is quite straight forwardt. take defence, attack and leadership. then choose 2 more skillls you like. it doesn't really matter. the point is you go might all the way.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 06 Jun 2007, 14:35

I don't think it's so easy.
You don't go might all the way because you are well advised to take either Light or Dark.
However, there are instances where even Destructive would be an option: Let your Knight find a Knowledge and a Power artifact and give him a level 3 Destructive spell and suddenly things are getting interessant. Fireball with Master of Fire HALVES defense values for one round which is pretty effective against tough beasts like Treants and may lead to devastating hits against opposing key stacks; Fiery Wrath adds 10%elemental damage to all damage which isn't so bad either compared with the effect of the Attack skill.
So it's absolutely possible to take Destructive Magic as a Knight and use it pretty effectively - as effectively as might skills.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 08 Jun 2007, 15:31

hmmm what about this:
I play with dundgeon,and I like allways to upgrade their attack and leave defence,so because the maidens and rest of my team has a big iniative I can inflict heavy losses to enemy,and maybe if I am lucky I can teleport Hydra to his forces hmmm

if I improve defence maidens are going to die this way or another, am I right? but this way I have one big hit to the enemy..

and because i play allways with Eruina her matriarch can also infict heavy losses on the begginig...

like the saying goes: attack is the best defence especially in this game,beacuse of low level of hit points,not like in Heroes 4.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 08 Jun 2007, 19:10

with sylvan, when I'm making a might heroew and trying to get myself a triple meteor ballista I'm doing everything it takes to get more spellpower, but when I'm making a might heroew I just go all defence and let the treants do the job
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ascetic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ascetic » 21 Sep 2007, 05:37

I devote about 2/3 of effort to increasing strangth and 1/3 to compensating for weakness.

Like a lot of people have said, tactics do vary depending on which faction you're playing. I try to avoid any obvious weaknesses and use the hotseat multiplayer to try out different strategies.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 23 Sep 2007, 04:20

I always try to emphasize the MOST NEEDED skill and perks of a faction. It might be strength or weakness. Take dungeon for example. I go after defense stats rather than atk cuz i know a might dungeon needs more survival skills for it's creature. Then i boost knowledge so i have mana to cast my spell. Lastly, i boost dmg with sp stat and arties. Some weaknesses are so deadly that if you don't cover it you will lost, such as no protection against dark magic.
hmmm what about this:
I play with dundgeon,and I like allways to upgrade their attack and leave defence,so because the maidens and rest of my team has a big iniative I can inflict heavy losses to enemy,and maybe if I am lucky I can teleport Hydra to his forces hmmm

if I improve defence maidens are going to die this way or another, am I right? but this way I have one big hit to the enemy..

and because i play allways with Eruina her matriarch can also infict heavy losses on the begginig...
I play the complete opposite way, and i never chose Eruina cuz i never have enough money to buy those witches(matriarchs are too far away). If i really want to boost the furies, i choose Yrwanna.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 23 Sep 2007, 04:46

Odish wrote:well ofcourse no one is going to take destructive with haven. tjis will not be compensation nor strenghning the army. It has nothing to do with that faction and so it is comparing apples and potatoes.

basically haven play is quite straight forwardt. take defence, attack and leadership. then choose 2 more skillls you like. it doesn't really matter. the point is you go might all the way.
There is not much need for defense. They already recieve so little damage. I'd go with luck instead. It makes nice combo with morale.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 23 Sep 2007, 20:52

Well, ok.
It was just a suggestion and I did leave room for 2 more skills, say, Light and Luck.
Why do they take so little damage without defence?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 23 Sep 2007, 21:10

Because their heroes have defense skill that is higher than any factions attack skill, so the damage is reduced to start with :)

Of course, its better to have it than not, but i would not make defense my priority.

On topic, i try to emphasize strength, unless its a strength that can be easily countered by enemy faction/hero.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”