Which version do you play (the most)?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

71%
9%
1.4/1.41
15%
1.3 or earlier
6%

Total votes: 34

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Apr 2007, 14:21

I've been going back and forth between 1.41 (for the original campaigns) and 2.1 (for the standalone maps). I really miss the caravans and new neutrals in 1.41 though.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 23 Apr 2007, 15:58

1.3 and earlier because that's when I finished all campaigns, first two with an unpatched game IIRC. I've played only few scenarios with the latest patches.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Apr 2007, 16:08

2.1 for me...just finished the HoF campaigns with 2.1, and have started playing some of the stand-alones. I like the features 2.1 added, so will stay with that...until the next one (sigh)

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Apr 2007, 16:10

currently... none :D

But if I were to vote I would say 2.1... I always play the last patch released.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Apr 2007, 16:30

Only 2.1 for me. After all it has the latest changes and a better menu than the original :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 23 Apr 2007, 16:33

1.41 since I don't have the expansion as of yet.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 23 Apr 2007, 17:35

well i played through half of the campaign with 1.0V :P and a 2 months ago the other half with 1.41. Now i play last mission in HoF 2.1.

gg

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 24 Apr 2007, 03:00

I beat the original campaign before they nerfed phantom forces, summon elementals, raise dead, resurrection, and Necromancy, so it was a breeze.

I must say now I'm really enjoying the latest patch (or whichever one it was) that introduced Dark Energy. I thought it was a bad idea at first, But I've grown fond of being able to raise vampires again.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 24 Apr 2007, 11:39

1.41 for me (I don't have HoF)
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 Apr 2007, 12:50

okrane wrote:currently... none :D
I'm also there.

I understood the patches fixed so far a good number of bugs, to allow the game to provide a decent level game experience, which makes the game attractive to me again. But I don't understand why the incompatibility. :drama:

I don't like to have 3 different shortcuts on my desktop for the same game. I'm not a harcore gamer, so I haven't played more than 30-40 games in my life. But from what I remember, the add-ons of any of the games I played, were installing over the original game, enriching the experience of the original with new material - not blocking your access to the content of the basic games (campaigns & scenarios).

I like to think that an add-on is sth like a a H2/3/5 upgrade: from sth good to sth better - and not a H4 frustrating choice: you get either this or that, but no way you can get both.

I know what they have in plan for TotE, but I say they have a good number of months to still reconsider. And I hope there are still enough "VIP" members around, able to lobby this idea. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 24 Apr 2007, 13:11

But from what I remember, the add-ons of any of the games I played, were installing over the original game
Many games don't have the add-on installed over the original game, though I agree I don't like this.
I don't like to have 3 different shortcuts on my desktop for the same game
Why you place shortcuts on the desktop? I have a clean desktop with almost all of the programs/games organized in folders in the start menu :)
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 27 Apr 2007, 06:23

1.4/1.41

I've played it through the latest version (2.1), however, I found the Fortress faction in HoF is so dissapointing that despite good new features like caravans, that interest in playing anymore of that game has already lost. And that's not to consider you have to choose which version you'll want to play :S and telling the PC to stop cheating :-D

All things considered, I've spend more time playing the earlier versions than the laters.

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 27 Apr 2007, 06:43

Apocalypse wrote: Many games don't have the add-on installed over the original game, though I agree I don't like this.
For some imcomprehensible reason developers tend to choose that path nowadays. Examples:

Warcraft II, Heroes II-IV, Medievel: Total War all had add-ons integrated with the original game. OTOH Warcraft III, Heroes V, Rome: Total War don't. And it sucks. Doh.

And more to the point: I play 2.1 only.

daveo26
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby daveo26 » 29 Apr 2007, 12:39

2.1, mainly for the map generator amongst other less important reasons

Return to “Heroes V-VI”