A few questions

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RustedSorrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A few questions

Unread postby RustedSorrow » 23 Apr 2007, 13:49

First of all, I would request you not to read any further if you haven't played Hammers of Fate or the original game as this post contains spoilers.

Hammers of fate proved to be a quite entertaining expansion pack. I enjoyed playing the Dwarfs faction and their units were quite interesting. One thing I could not understand was how Freyda was still alive. As far as I know Markal turned her into a Wight in the original HOMM5 so she came to be alive?

Now that I have finished the original game as well as hammers of fate on heroic, what should I play next? What will you guys/girls recommend? Are there any more expansion packs available?

Lastly, I would like to ask about the Warlocks. Are they superior to the other races. As far as I can conclude that a warlock having empowered spells with warlocks luck and with a spellpower of around 25 with a descent army say 45 assasins, 30 blood furies, 10 minotaurs, 2 black dragons can easily dispose off a ranger of about the same level and stats knowing resurrection and mass spells. Am I right or wrong? If I am right then isn't this making one faction better than the others?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: A few questions

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Apr 2007, 14:15

Lots of questions there!
RustedSorrow wrote:Now that I have finished the original game as well as hammers of fate on heroic, what should I play next? What will you guys/girls recommend? Are there any more expansion packs available?
The next expansion is due in Fall 2007 only. In the meantime, I suggest you try the custom maps found on this site (click on the forum header). Some of them are very good.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Apr 2007, 16:12

As far as the Warlock question, I tend to keep playing the faction I played last...and since I just finished the HoF campaigns, and the last faction played was Warlock...that's what I've been playing. I really like Warlock's Luck...in combination with other skills, a pretty potent hero can be developed (grin)

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Apr 2007, 16:16

Warlocks are strong when fighting with small armies, but as te armies get big their empowered spells are next to useless...
Imagine a 40 spell power warlock casting an empowered lucky implosion versus a stack of 200 Archangels... 20 archangels die...
Now imagine a Knight with spell power 10 but huge attack and defense casting a Bloodlust on them...or a Frenzy/Puppet Master

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Apr 2007, 16:29

I think most Warlock heroes try to make sure that opposing armies don't get to the point of having 200 archangels (smile).

Edit: And try to have some magic resistance artifacts...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Apr 2007, 16:32

it's debatable... all I can tell you is that I am a dungeon player myself and I can say warlocks are not overpowered. If someone is overpowered that would be necro...

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Apr 2007, 16:36

Ah, never said they were "overpowered" (smile), only that a fairly potent hero can be developed...and that I'm having fun playing with the Warlock heroes right now, when I do a stand-alone map.

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Re: A few questions

Unread postby Monteniger » 23 Apr 2007, 16:39

RustedSorrow wrote: Hammers of fate proved to be a quite entertaining expansion pack. I enjoyed playing the Dwarfs faction and their units were quite interesting. One thing I could not understand was how Freyda was still alive. As far as I know Markal turned her into a Wight in the original HOMM5 so she came to be alive?
No,no you got it all wrong ... It's her maid that is turned into a ghost.And her maid is IN FACT her twin sister of whom she didn't know and neither her father,because her mother died when she delivered them into the world and the nuns were too drunk (because it was the week of the Festivals) and forgot to give the poor twin to Godric,who in the exact time of labour was in one of the wars against the Demons...Later when nuns were sober they realised their mistake but didn't want to ashame the sanctuary(or monastery) and so they choose to raise her as her own...A sad story indeed...
Back on the subject - And in that black hour the REAL Freyda escaped to join her father on the wings of Elrath himself... :proud: Nice story , ha?
RustedSorrow wrote: Lastly, I would like to ask about the Warlocks. Are they superior to the other races. As far as I can conclude that a warlock having empowered spells with warlocks luck and with a spellpower of around 25 with a descent army say 45 assasins, 30 blood furies, 10 minotaurs, 2 black dragons can easily dispose off a ranger of about the same level and stats knowing resurrection and mass spells. Am I right or wrong? If I am right then isn't this making one faction better than the others?
It all depends.Warlocks are relying too much on their magic,and if you play with Sylvan get some magic resistance and protection choose them as a favoured enemy and you'll have a nice chance...
Also Dungeon army is much more expensive and and with vary low week growth...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”