Will famous heroes come back in this game ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Jan 2006, 20:34

Kristo wrote: I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Ubisoft seems fixed on the idea of making the Heroes series their own. In order to get the famous heroes back into the game it'll have to be done in user-made maps.
That's true enough UBI is making it their own, there really is no reason to eliminate the old heroes that have been with us. NWC changed them slightly as the different versions were released. If they do not release a map/campaign editor (neither comfirmed) then we will not be able to keep them alive. Hopefully UBI's efforts to reinvent won't alienate. ;)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Hurry Sundown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Boulder Colorado: Steve Cossey 700 30th St.apt c2 Boulder CO 80303

Unread postby Hurry Sundown » 22 Jan 2006, 23:12

Excellent ideas MercyLESS magull ! I am a leprecan 2. sVc
Steve Cossey

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 23 Jan 2006, 00:45

jeff wrote:Hopefully UBI's efforts to reinvent won't alienate. ;)
Definitely. It's one thing to make the game their own, as you said, but if they completely change it and don't hold on to some traditions, it might not be Heroes anymore and - poof! - there goes the fanbase.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Jan 2006, 00:53

Mutare Drake wrote: Definitely. It's one thing to make the game their own, as you said, but if they completely change it and don't hold on to some traditions, it might not be Heroes anymore and - poof! - there goes the fanbase.
On this we both are in complete agreement. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 08:46

I was hoping Jadne and Uland would return but NO! Well this is a new planet with new heroes and we gotta accept it. I guess our old favs sitting on a nearby tavern on Axeoth and nipping some mead & ale while waiting for the next war in HVI........... ;| :proud:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jan 2006, 12:27

Orfinn wrote:I was hoping Jadne and Uland would return but NO! Well this is a new planet with new heroes and we gotta accept it. I guess our old favs sitting on a nearby tavern on Axeoth and nipping some mead & ale while waiting for the next war in HVI........... ;| :proud:

Only 2? I have atleast 10 i wanted off the top of my head (they do include H1/H2 ones though)!

I still think they could just used the Names and Faces of old ones and just give them new backstories. Heck, i'd even be satisfied with only the names.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 13:06

ThunderTitan wrote:
Orfinn wrote:I was hoping Jadne and Uland would return but NO! Well this is a new planet with new heroes and we gotta accept it. I guess our old favs sitting on a nearby tavern on Axeoth and nipping some mead & ale while waiting for the next war in HVI........... ;| :proud:

Only 2? I have atleast 10 i wanted off the top of my head (they do include H1/H2 ones though)!

I still think they could just used the Names and Faces of old ones and just give them new backstories. Heck, i'd even be satisfied with only the names.
No I have some other favorite heroes from H3-H4, just didnt bother to list em all up :devious:

No matter if they would use their names and/or faces it would be kinda fake, its not the good ol' heroes anyway, its a new world and new heroes.
They could make it possibe for they on Axeoth to travel to Ashan through a portal. Like from Antagrich to Axeoth :-D But for me that dosent sound or feel right. They could make an exception if the Evil have conquered 99% of Ashan then use the one-time (maybe the space portal only is one time use, hope not) space portal, getting assistance from Axeoth if Axeoth have time to help that is ;|

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 23 Jan 2006, 13:44

Maybe a few games down the road (H6 or 7) they could pull the Axeoth story and the Ashan story together. I'd be happy to wait. It may have to involve another space portal, but it'd be neat...especially if some major heroes in the new world are kinda similar to ones in the old world. They could have some allying, and some fighting in a great showdown of old-vs-new...okay, thinking way far ahead way too seriously.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jan 2006, 13:48

Yeah, but we could pretend they were. Not to mention they would come in handy if there is a campaign editor. :D
But using only the names would be stupid, so names and faces.... then we can pretend that Ashan is an AU version of Axeoth! :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”