Getting the most out of my game - The PERFECT MAP?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Skull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Getting the most out of my game - The PERFECT MAP?

Unread postby Skull » 14 Apr 2007, 19:21

So I am trying and trying, but with no luck so far, I havent found the perfect map yet. And let me tell what I define as the perfect map.

I am playing together with my friend, HoF, 2vsX comps. We simply are trying to accomplish the following:

- Playing vs hard computer so that we can at least enjoy some long battles
(and meaning they dont rush us within 2 days)

- All artifacts available on the map, at least 90% of them so that we can access them at some point and of course well protected if they are good.

- Option to find rogue towns so that we can expand our kingdom.

- Option to find quests (that are actually not dull or lame) and get something ekstra going in the game.

- Simply put, we want the largest map possible with the most feature possible that we can find, I am sick of small ass games with nothing else to do than killing creeps or killing comp. I want to go into quests and get rewarded for it, and I want to fight hard creeps that are protecting good treasures. And I dont want a map that ends before I am lvl 40, I want a long good interesting game, not a 5 week game that ends because of lack of something to do or something interesting to find.

So who can point me to that perfect map that will take my breathe away?

Skull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skull » 14 Apr 2007, 19:39

Oh and let me add... Treasure islands: Islands that are hard to come to because they are protected by high lvl monsters but contains special artifacts, treasures and dvellings and other special things. Can also be underground.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 14 Apr 2007, 20:00

I don't think there is such a combination of a map, but you can try making it on your own with the map editor (though prepare for some headaches)

And by the way, level 40 is (almost) impossible to get even on the richest of maps
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 14 Apr 2007, 20:53

Download Isles of terra map
A was able to get lvl 35 playing 4 4 factions at once(hot seat) without engaging each other.

Skull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skull » 14 Apr 2007, 21:33

Well it sounds like I am not alone wanting such a map ;)
Anyway I will try the map you said and see if I can get some more fun out of it. Mind you, its not only the lvl I am seeking to accomplish with my heroes, I am also looking for extra quests that can consume my time, or self made ventures on islands where I can find lots of treasures and slowly build up a bad ass hero.

I simply want a map that can give fun in the begining of game, in mid game and in end game. Each of them with their own kind of quests and treasures so that the "build up" factor is always there and that there is always something to do.

Its just very booring to "kill that creature to pick up sulfur next to it" "quest".

Imagine the following: You go to a seers hut that asks you to find a specific artifact and bring it back. Once you bring it back it gives you a better artifact. To get the other artifact you have to bring down monsters to get through key masters tents and fight monsters all along. On your mission you go underground, and up again and sail in a lake and and and and.... see :D

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 15 Apr 2007, 02:40

one thing i can say that you will never be able to do with your friend is play on a map with quests, or seer huts giving quests.

you can only have quests on a map with scritping, and scripting is disabled for multiplayer maps.
only on single player maps can you have quests.
you can never have quests or events of any kind on a multiplayer map.

Skull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skull » 15 Apr 2007, 11:12

Is this modable? I mean it sounds crazy stupid they disabled such an interesting feature that was a regular thing in H3. In H3 we could do anything quest wise, not it seems like no map has the ability to exploit the game to its fullest.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 17 Apr 2007, 07:37

I don't think it's moddable, I saw the text "scripts are not allowed in Multiplayer" in the exe :(

Nival are just not friends with the modders :disagree:
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 19 Apr 2007, 14:38

In both HOMM3 and HOMM5 my wife and I love to play as allies against one or more AI teams. But, like you, we are tired of the simple-minded kill-all-to-win maps with their all-too-rare epic battles. BTW, it took a LOT of practice to learn how to create a HOMM3 map where the AI acted intelligent and where you had the kind of play experience you describe.

Now, with HOMM5, I agree that it sux to not not have scripting for multi-player maps. I HAVE to believe that this sad state of affairs will not last past the next patch.

Finally, I like your overview of what makes a great map. I love single-player role playing games such as Oblivion, and I am going through the somewhat painful exercise of leaning to scrip the HOMM5 maps that I create. I have not posted any of my maps yet , but when I do, I think you will be pleased with them, as long as you are willing to settle for single player that is.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Apr 2007, 15:46

Yes, it is unfortunate that they don't allow scripting for multiplayer maps.

For a great single player rpg map try
Lord Garrick Stahlrad

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

jorko80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jorko80 » 20 Apr 2007, 07:41

Now that guy Myythryn, who wrote above has definatly made the best map I played so far,you should try it. It's called "Playground Of The Gods". The map is just amazing,his imagination is amazing. The map is huge and the underground is not ordinary it,s like surface. I never saw so many things in one map, I'm sure you'll like it. Too bad that his latest maps are just single player only and I only play multiplayer.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Apr 2007, 14:34

jorko80 wrote:Now that guy Myythryn, who wrote above has definatly made the best map I played so far,you should try it. It's called "Playground Of The Gods". I never saw so many things in one map, I'm sure you'll like it. Too bad that his latest maps are just single player only and I only play multiplayer.
Jorko80: You finished a multiplayer game on playground of the gods? Are you playing hot seat?

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 20 Apr 2007, 16:30

maybe he is like me :) playing hot seat games with myself B-)

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 20 Apr 2007, 17:28

gaspi2 wrote:maybe he is like me :) playing hot seat games with myself B-)
Huh!

Well its like playing Chess with oneself. for me i can go only few turns :D

jorko80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jorko80 » 21 Apr 2007, 14:43

It's not hotseat ofcourse,why do you ask,whats the problem?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”