Second Expansion officially announced

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Apr 2007, 23:55

Tribal Matters? Blades of Unruliness? Skins of Orange? Barbarian Hijinx?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Apr 2007, 00:00

I guess addon names for Ubi only serve to advertise the new faction.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Tyr Antilles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tyr Antilles » 07 Apr 2007, 01:15

For the new expansion I hope that the guys from Ubisoft, read from time to time what we are writing and will make this expansion worth the extra money.

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 07 Apr 2007, 01:54

The alternate upgrades has caught my interest much better than the new faction. At any rate it's going to be brilliant if pulled off well, but what I'm afraid of is that the new units won't offer much variety, essentially being just the original with different colours and give or take a few stats. Still, even if they go that direction it would add some depth.
Happy Millenium!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Apr 2007, 04:15

Kalah wrote:A stand-alone product, that's nice. Justifies the price and should bring a few new players onto the pitch...
Did you see a price listed? If not it is silly to make that statement. If it is in the $29.95 US range ok, but if it is in the $39.95, I'll wait until it goes on clearance sale in the $9.95 range.

Now having said that does anyone know how H-V and HOF did sales wise when compared to the previous editions?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 07 Apr 2007, 06:57

"Heroes of Might & Magic V: Tribes of the East chronicles the final chapter in the epic struggle that began with the interrupted wedding of Queen Isabel."

Let's hope this is the end of Nival's Saga as well and hope that the new series will have new and dedicated developer. Amen.

And, about the alternate upgrade, based on my rough calculation, the system will be the one in H IV, rather than H II
8 factions (plus the orc) * 7 lvls * 3 (2 types of upgrades+the basic unupgraded) = 168

plus: Manticore, wolf, elementals, death knight you will get the magic word: "more than 170 creatures"

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 07 Apr 2007, 07:59

There should have been 2 new factions, the alternative upgrd is just ubi's way of getting the sam e amount of money for the second add-on with less work.(since the naga and the free city of the east will probably appear in hommVI which will appear somewhere in 2009 by my guess and the 11th faction in h6 add-on most likely I have to say that I'm reall pissed off that I have to wait from 2006 till 2010 to see and play with all the races in the Ashan world....that really blows)
Where exactly does the rainbow end?

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 07 Apr 2007, 10:41

watcher83 wrote:There should have been 2 new factions, the alternative upgrd is just ubi's way of getting the sam e amount of money for the second add-on with less work.(since the naga and the free city of the east will probably appear in hommVI which will appear somewhere in 2009 by my guess and the 11th faction in h6 add-on most likely I have to say that I'm reall pissed off that I have to wait from 2006 till 2010 to see and play with all the races in the Ashan world....that really blows)
yeah this is the end of H V saga, let's hope ubi (fabrice) will choose other developer that will not release a patch to produce more bugs for next heroes series

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2007, 12:32

With the Free Cities included (Air Dragon worshiping humans) I only count 10 factions. Am I missing something?

1. Inferno (demons);
2. Necropolis (undead);
3. Haven (humans/light);
4. Dungeon (elves/darkness);
5. Sylvan (elves/earth);
6. Academy (humans/magic);
7. Fortress (dwarfs/fire);
8. ?Stronghold? (orcs/might);
9. ??? (nagas/water);
10. Free Cities (humans/air);
11. ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 07 Apr 2007, 12:46

I think there are human nomad tribes that worship the dragon of air, too... Barbarians so to say. But I'm not sure though.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2007, 12:48

No, those are the Free Cities.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 07 Apr 2007, 14:15

I know about the Free Cities... But additionally to them. Too bad I don't know where to look this up.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 07 Apr 2007, 16:02

A second expansion on the horizon and my multiplayer games are still going out of sync and losing hours of playtime.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2007, 16:08

Darkstroem wrote:I know about the Free Cities... But additionally to them. Too bad I don't know where to look this up.
like i said, those "barbarians" you're talking about are the Free Cities. They just weren't mentioned by name there.

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 07 Apr 2007, 16:35

nothing is known about the eleventh faction, might be the dragonknights, the faceless or something else... but when hommv was released in an interview Fabrice Cambounet said that there would be 11 factions in total in the Ashan universe.

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 07 Apr 2007, 23:40

watcher83 wrote:nothing is known about the eleventh faction, might be the dragonknights, the faceless or something else... but when hommv was released in an interview Fabrice Cambounet said that there would be 11 factions in total in the Ashan universe.
Do renegades count? :| Guess not ! ;)
My guess is Dragon Knights - they were mentioned in the story so I think they'll just resurface to fight the evil.

watcher83
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby watcher83 » 08 Apr 2007, 07:48

renegades I think will be the alternate upgrd for haven
(e.g. angel- archangel- fallen angel)

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 08 Apr 2007, 13:02

I already posted this in the comments:

I don't think the renegades will be Haven's alternative upgrade. They are like a different faction and I'm sure all upgrades should fit the town's theme, looks and stuff.

The renegades are probably what gave them the idea of an alternative upgrade.

BTW, I don't think the Dragon Knights form a faction. They are like Jedi... Scattered over the world, fighting the evil forces... :D

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Apr 2007, 13:18

Zamolxis wrote:What they should do, is to implement a tool (menu option), that would allow the games to load maps/campaigns from previous games, if already installed on the PC, in case they want to play them under TotE.

It's not only fair towards the old players, but also good for Ubi, as such a feature, such a link somewhere in the menu's, might stimulate new gamers to buy the old product as well. ;)
Im so agree on that one ;)

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 08 Apr 2007, 14:10

Darkstroem wrote:I already posted this in the comments:

BTW, I don't think the Dragon Knights form a faction. They are like Jedi... Scattered over the world, fighting the evil forces... :D
... which doesn't mean that they can't form some sort of fortress in H6?
From the history they are the best bet for the 11th town. :|
P.S - I would love to see evil lizards in Karthal :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”