Unfair Hostility to Heroes 5 and Nival >.<

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Apr 2007, 14:20

Sorry, it's not France's cultural status that annoys Americans.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 16 Apr 2007, 14:49

What i hope for is that there will be no H6 until at least year 2010.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 16 Apr 2007, 15:19

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Sorry, it's not France's cultural status that annoys Americans.
No? You have a different explanation?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2007, 15:56

It's obviously the fact that when you started out you couldn't even take on the canadians without the french to help you...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

tekeeee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tekeeee » 16 Apr 2007, 21:04

No not on this forum :P
But French are smart people, they are in NATO right but didn't sign up to War?
Well good for them :) The war is not anything idealistic or romantic, it could've been in the 80's but that was the good Saddam, the one who killed 10,000's of his own people, he cleaned up his act after GUlf War
Was that ever news to America? Nope
And the Media and government was able to convince the people that there was Weapons of Mass destruction, (if you watch Fox News 33% of them *still* believe there is weapons of Mass destruction)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Apr 2007, 00:44

Since I don't want to turn this thread into a political one, I'll just say one thing:
And the Media and government was able to convince the people that there was Weapons of Mass destruction, (if you watch Fox News 33% of them *still* believe there is weapons of Mass destruction)
Who the **** still believes that?!
There never was, there never will be any WMD's (if there were, Saddam might've launched them when the US started the invasion, IMO).

@tekeeee: That comment I just wrote wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the people convinced of the existence of the WMD's. :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Apr 2007, 00:56

winterfate wrote:Since I don't want to turn this thread into a political one, I'll just say one thing:
Who the **** still believes that?!
There never was, there never will be any WMD's (if there were, Saddam might've launched them when the US started the invasion, IMO).

@tekeeee: That comment I just wrote wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the people convinced of the existence of the WMD's. :)
Sadam did use gas in the first desert storm, there was some evidence that he still had WMDs, was deveveloping nuclear weapons, and he definately refused to allow inspections, consistantly violated the terms he surrendered under during the first desert storm.

Most likely there are WMDs buried in the desert.

Sadam was a known terrorist and murdered lots of people. He got a more merciful death than he deserved. The world is a much better place without him.

Yeah, times may be a little rough in Iraq at the monent (although most provinces are not experiencing many problems) but their future is much brighter with Sadam out of the way. Hopefully they will chose to pay the price to walk in freedom and democracy when we pull out.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Apr 2007, 02:39

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Sadam was a known terrorist and murdered lots of people. He got a more merciful death than he deserved. The world is a much better place without him.

Yeah, times may be a little rough in Iraq at the monent (although most provinces are not experiencing many problems) but their future is much brighter with Sadam out of the way. Hopefully they will chose to pay the price to walk in freedom and democracy when we pull out.
I agree...Saddam got a WAY more merciful death than he deserved. I also agree that the people of Iraq have a brighter future now that he's gone. :)

I just refuse to agree with the existence of WMD's.
Most likely there are WMDs buried in the desert.
That could be, but it's kind of fishy that they haven't been able to find them. In addition, some politicians even admitted later on that the info was faulty and that there was a possibility that there were no WMD's in Iraq.

Now Iran; if we talk about Iran...it is fact that they DO have WMD's (and the president of that country isn't very pro-American, to put it lightly, so there is danger there).

But, forgive me...I'm starting to rant. ;)

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Apr 2007, 06:46

What kind of official propaganda are you blaring? And what the hell are you talking about?
If the US (or anyone else in the world) really had benevolent motives behind what they are doing they could burn the couple hundreds of billions of dollars the war has cost put to better use by easing some of the more serious problems in the world instead of destroying countries and antagonizing even more people.
So spare us the right-wing militaristic propaganda of the weapon-producing industry, please, will you? Saddam has been supported in the Iraq-Iran war, and everyone knew THEN that he was using gas.
Of course he was a ruthless dictator, but that was never a reason for anyone to declare war on them - except of course there was something valuable to gain.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Apr 2007, 06:52

Yes, JJ, it is the US who is evil right? Instead of liberating Iraq we are going to make it a US territory and steal all the oil, just like we did in Germany after WW2, right?

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Apr 2007, 06:58

Who was that aimed that?

I'll answer though, just in case:
Jolly Joker wrote:If the US (or anyone else in the world) really had benevolent motives behind what they are doing they could burn the couple hundreds of billions of dollars the war has cost put to better use by easing some of the more serious problems in the world instead of destroying countries and antagonizing even more people.
Amen!
However, humanity is self-destructive by nature. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be any wars, for any reason.
Of course he was a ruthless dictator, but that was never a reason for anyone to declare war on them - except of course there was something valuable to gain.
The petroleum. :)
I know. And this is a fact because if the United States are truly trying to free communist countries and expand democracy, they would've invaded Cuba ages ago.

Of course, I still agree with :down::
I agree...Saddam got a WAY more merciful death than he deserved. I also agree that the people of Iraq have a brighter future now that he's gone.
Even if it occurred as a side effect, he did deserve his fate.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Apr 2007, 07:08

Yes, it's the US that are evil because they have so much power and so much ecomical and militarical might and they have nothing better to do with it than making war with the most meager of excuses.
With great power comes great responsibility as Peter Parker's aka Spiderman's dear Uncle Ben would say. What is right for Spiderman and will earn a nod from everyone there can't be wrong for a nation like the US with all their claims. The US have great power and therefore great responsibility and they are simply fucking things up. As far as I remember they did neither march into Japan nor into Germany some 65 years ago because those countries were violating treaties and had some less democratic views on how to deal with dissidents or unwanted. THEY WERE DECLARED WAR ON and they reacted accordingly which is something else completely.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Apr 2007, 07:13

winterfate wrote:
However, humanity is self-destructive by nature. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be any wars, for any reason.
What kind of a point is that? Even if that was true (IF), I thought that human history was the fight AGAINST anything natural that was supposed to be bad: illness, death, natural catastrophies, hunger, illiterateness, stupidity, oppression..............

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Apr 2007, 07:20

@JJ: Yeah, but fighting for or against natural things isn't what I call war.

For me, war is when 2 or more populations battle for a reason (well, they're supposed to fight for a reason...).
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Yes, JJ, it is the US who is evil right? Instead of liberating Iraq we are going to make it a US territory and steal all the oil, just like we did in Germany after WW2, right?
*tries to stay quiet and fails*

It's up to the US government. But, um that's what happened with Puerto Rico. We gained our freedom from Spain just to lose it, in record time. :disagree:

We are one of the last colonies in the world, and that's fact.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Apr 2007, 07:33

Winterfate, I think you misunderstood me.
If, as you've said, humans were self-destructive BY NATURE, then this would be no excuse because humanity is supposedly fighting everything that is perceived bad whether it is by nature or not. That's a big part of our self-understanding as a human: we can be more than a couple of primitive reactions on primal stimuli.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Apr 2007, 07:49

Mod note: This thread has taken a turn towards politics and namecalling and is hereby locked.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”