New Features from AOH

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

New Features from AOH

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jan 2006, 13:14

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ures.shtml
Note: All the features detailed below are optional.

Simultaneous Turns

Dynamic Combat

Duel Mode

Ghost Mode
- Curse: The Ghost can 'cast a curse' on a hero, reducing his/her primary skills.
- Devour: A Ghost could be able to steal enemy artifacts with this action?
- Guard: Could Ghosts be used to guard the player's mines after they've been captured?
- Haunt: Will the player be able to haunt mines that he/she doesn't want to be used?
- Possess: With this action, the Ghost can take control of a neutral stack, and the player who owns the Ghost takes command of the neutral stack when it is engaged in combat.
- Vision: Maybe a Ghost can reveal the skills of an adjacent enemy hero with this ability?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 13:24

Well,those certanly are interesting.Although Ill never use the dynamic combat.If I want fast fights Ill play rts,not tbs.The ghost mode also sounds interesting,although it will have to be renamed since we already have ghosts as units.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jan 2006, 13:46

Sounds spooky and cool :hoo: Cant wait to test it out, wonder how the ghost will look like, a ghostly shape of your hero, a ghost like one of those from Necropolis or maybe just a different ghost ;|

In your face H5-is-a-clone fanatics :slap:

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 16 Jan 2006, 14:42

Ooh! Cool new features. Not sure how much I like the simultaneous turns idea, but the ghost mode and dynamic mode sound cool.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jan 2006, 16:46

I find the Duel the most interesting.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2006, 16:57

Well, the Dynamic Combat option sounds interesting - if it works. It will be fun trying it out to see how it performs; after all, some battles are a bit dull, and if there are many of them, the game could suffer from a lack of speed-up possibility if the feature doesn't have a practical use.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jan 2006, 15:38

Kalah wrote:Well, the Dynamic Combat option sounds interesting - if it works. It will be fun trying it out to see how it performs; after all, some battles are a bit dull, and if there are many of them, the game could suffer from a lack of speed-up possibility if the feature doesn't have a practical use.

It's basicaly a timer. You could probably play a game just as fast on your own. Some of us like to take their time though. And others need to be forced to move coz they're lazy.

I still think Duel is the most interesting. Grab a lvl 30+ hero and have only lvl 7's in the army. Now that would be something.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 20 Jan 2006, 16:06

high immorality here we come ;)
Grah!

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 20 Jan 2006, 20:46

Guys, I don´t wanna be the one against all in here, but I did´t like the duel mode because at leat for me, heroes isn´t only made of fighting and fight for fight has no sense(for me). I didn´t like neither the dynamic playing, don´t think it´s got the heroes spirit, but that´s just me.
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Jan 2006, 20:54

arthureloi wrote:I did´t like the duel mode because at leat for me, heroes isn´t only made of fighting and fight for fight has no sense(for me).
That's an interesting comment. I agree to some extent. But they are probably not turning the game into a deathmatch, but rather adding a little spice to the multiplayer modes. We will see in time.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 20 Jan 2006, 21:01

Yeah, I think they´re not going to turn it into deathmatch, at least for me there´s no sense in that. Gladly they will fine tune this game mode, but one example is the game "Etherlords", where the duel mode is bound to be there, and very nice, might I add. I don´t know how will they implement duel mode in heroes, but I think a part of the feeling I have for heroes is in the exploration, strategy, neutral smashers avoiding, meticulously leveling my heroes, developing my castle (town hall first or dwellings first? Maybe a mage guild? 2 heroes? 1 great hero and a packmule?).
Well, that´s just my thoughts about what heroes is, since when I began with that cursed heroes III: restoration of Erathia demo wich made me fall in love back at 1998 hehehe!
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jan 2006, 21:42

arthureloi wrote:Guys, I don´t wanna be the one against all in here, but I did´t like the duel mode because at leat for me, heroes isn´t only made of fighting and fight for fight has no sense(for me). I didn´t like neither the dynamic playing, don´t think it´s got the heroes spirit, but that´s just me.
Thats exactly why these modes will be optional.If you dont like them,you dont have to play them.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 20 Jan 2006, 22:11

Sure thing, friend. No denying that!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 09:02

The Duel mode is good for testing things out without having to use the editor. It's a good adition.

The Dynamic system is for those people that feel the need to be forced to play fast. All we can do is pity them. :devious:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Jan 2006, 09:07

ThunderTitan wrote: The Dynamic system is for those people that feel the need to be forced to play fast. All we can do is pity them. :devious:
Dunno. There are people playing speed chess, and this seems to be something for them.
Now, let's see how long it takes until someone balks at the use of the word "chess"
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 09:15

Yeah, but they could play fast without the clock, that was my point. :D

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 21 Jan 2006, 09:33

But maybe people want the clock there so that they can play against someone else the same way? You think it will be a per-player option? I dont think so, but then, we never know.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 13:00

Vision wrote:But maybe people want the clock there so that they can play against someone else the same way? You think it will be a per-player option? I dont think so, but then, we never know.
Yeah, to force those people to play fast. If they both wanted (and i'm assuming that they would, why else choose the DBS?) they could play it just as fast. Guess some pople like to be forced. :tongue:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”