game crashes on last mission

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
stig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

game crashes on last mission

Unread postby stig » 22 Mar 2007, 16:33

hello all. i'm having major grief with mission 5 on the academy campain. the game keeps crashing before i finish the second battle. i have downloaded patch 1.4 can anyone help. please. been battling this game for months now and want to finish it. :ill:

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 22 Mar 2007, 16:37

Does it crash when a creature is unsummoned from the battle field? If so, it means it's the gating crash bug. Don't worry, it has been fixed in 1.41; I suggest you download and install it right away.

If you still can't finish it even with 1.41, please include more information about the crash.
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

stig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stig » 22 Mar 2007, 16:46

hello there, is there a later patch after 1.4" i have already downloaded and installed 1.4. the game does seem to crash when beasties are unsummoned

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 22 Mar 2007, 16:48

Yes, there is a minor one (1.41) that solves this problem. Look here, you'll find several links for it in the first thread. :)
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 22 Mar 2007, 20:12

I also have encountered this problem. However, the game does not crash during usummoning, but during gating. The bug is 100% repeatable. During a siege of Biara's fortress the game crashes when the first Archdevils gate after I fly behind castle walls with my emerald dragons in their first move and kill Nightmares (it's the very start of the battle). As soon as I decided to try to pass the battle another way (not to fly behind walls before Archdevils gate), everything went OK.
BTW: I also have version 1.4, but probably without that additional 0.01. ;)
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”