Heroes 5 Difficulty VS Heroes III Question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
loddydoddy85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 5 Difficulty VS Heroes III Question

Unread postby loddydoddy85 » 14 Mar 2007, 20:22

I Love heroes III complete and so does my girlfriend. We love playing that game hotseat together. I haven't played much of Heroes V. We play hotseat co-op multiplyer and play impossible on heroes III all the time. Heroes V seems so different. Why are the creatures groups guarding stuff so high? It seems to slow down the game. What would anyone recommend for a transition? I'm displeased with the Heroes III classic view, its nothing the same. I wish this game would have been made with a 2D view for the map and 3D fighting. Also, is there anyway to make AI turns faster, it takes so long. Thanks.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Mar 2007, 02:19

Are you playing on heroic? Maybe switch down to Hard if you are.

I didn't realize there were any allied maps...I think there's one nival allied map, 'allies' and I played one fan map that had allies, 'hyberia'.

If you go to maps4heroes you can search for 'beltway' a heroes 2 classic map.

No luck with the a.i. turns though, nearly everyone has this problem. I personally find that playing on smaller maps helps.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 20 Mar 2007, 10:38

H V battle works depended with creature initiative more than most people recognized, especially when they're playing it for the first time.

High number of creatures didn't necessarily means equally high amount of damage output.

To understand it better, I'd recommend play a campaign map or two.

Faster game would make AI turns faster also.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 20 Mar 2007, 14:15

I didn't realize there were any allied maps...I think there's one nival allied map, 'allies' and I played one fan map that had allies, 'hyberia'.
There are many FFA maps modified for allied play and they are created by Nival.
Why they can't make you select which team you'd like to play at the start of a game? Don't they have programmers at all? That's something extremely easy to code, but instead they like modifiyng every map for team play. :|

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 24 Mar 2007, 05:01

Yeah, Nival has made a lot of poor design decisions in Heroes 5. Aside from the alliance issue you pointed out, the UI's also quite unfriendly sometimes - i.e. it doesn't let you dismiss war machines or leave them out of battle (gets annoying if they hit the creatures you blinded).

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 24 Mar 2007, 09:40

About the War Machine stuff, I agree. Why are you not able to take them out of battle? Or place them where you want, not predefined (useful to counter the enemy's area spells)
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: .

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Mar 2007, 12:51

ywhtptgtfo wrote:Yeah, Nival has made a lot of poor design decisions in Heroes 5. Aside from the alliance issue you pointed out, the UI's also quite unfriendly sometimes - i.e. it doesn't let you dismiss war machines or leave them out of battle (gets annoying if they hit the creatures you blinded).
Sure, they didn't think it all the way through, but this is the first heroes that let's you leave creatures out of a combat without a support hero along. I think it's a very nice feature. Still, I agree that war machine placement and action can be annoying.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 25 Mar 2007, 05:35

Sheeeess!!! ;| Why have war machines in your army if you haven't got the balista skill?? And if you have a hero with a balista from the start, why not simply transfer it to another hero???
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 25 Mar 2007, 16:35

Oh yeah, what about an Ammo Cart? :tongue:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 26 Mar 2007, 17:29

Wurtzel wrote:Sheeeess!!! ;| Why have war machines in your army if you haven't got the balista skill?? And if you have a hero with a balista from the start, why not simply transfer it to another hero???
If you are being serious the answer is because the a.i. controlled creeps love to attack things like your first aid tent and your ballista instead of attacking your creatures.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 27 Mar 2007, 11:11

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Wurtzel wrote:Sheeeess!!! ;| Why have war machines in your army if you haven't got the balista skill?? And if you have a hero with a balista from the start, why not simply transfer it to another hero???
If you are being serious the answer is because the a.i. controlled creeps love to attack things like your first aid tent and your ballista instead of attacking your creatures.
I think Wurtzel meant that War Machines are useless without the abilities, so you don't need to take them along. And with the ability they are restored after the combat...

BUT, the Ammo Cart doesn't have such an ability and is pretty useful without skills/abilities. It is restored if you have the Catapult ability, but what if I want infinite ammo and not take the War Machines skills?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”