The Heroic Challenge: Ubi link

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Heroic Challenge: Ubi link

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Mar 2007, 02:53

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 6871079045

Anyone care to take the challenge. It might be a fun way to examine necromancy principles.

You can check the link but a brief summary is this:

You play Sylvan against Necro on heroic. Map is Disputed lands.

A player appears to be having trouble winning under those conditions.

What happens to you? What conclusions can be drawn?

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Re: The Heroic Challenge: Ubi link

Unread postby Vlaad II » 14 Mar 2007, 13:04

PhoenixReborn wrote:What conclusions can be drawn?
That he sucks:
My faction is Sylvan and my hero is the swift striker, Now i got atleast 1-2 months to prepare his attack. The best army i have gathered so far is

lvl 4 swift striker summoner
51 Master hunters
11 unicorns
4 druids
2 blade dancer
tent
ballista
and maxed out town defence
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Mar 2007, 13:15

Well, he doesn't seem to be too good, but the map is tough, that much is clear - it's tough for both sides, mind you.
The red side has NO Crystal Mine which makes it harder to play for every faction; I have no idea what mine is missing on the blue side, though. There is no trade post either, so you have to make do with your one town exchange rates - those missing Crystals make it hard.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Mar 2007, 15:01

His further posts in the thread suggested that he had tough shooters (crossbowmen) guarding everything. He is restarting to get better neutrals.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Mar 2007, 20:49

The map looks won.
The Necro came in week 7. Hero was 3 7 16 5 or so. My own was 3 9 4 9. I had a pretty high Magic Resistance due to the 10% boots which proved cool against the high spell power Necro. Since I was loathe to give him access to my stat boosters and not yet liberated artifacts I decided to attack there and then.
He had everything upgraded, 160 Skelly Archers, 200 Zombies, 80 Spectres, umm, 40 Vamp Lords, 14 Arch Liches, a dozen Wraiths and 3 Spectrals.
I had 50 Sprites, 100 Blade dancers, 80 Hunters, 2 dozen Druid Elders in 2 stacks, 20 Unicorns and 7 Treants. I won with all Treants and most of the Hunters and Elders left. I lost most of the Dancers, and Sprites and 13 Unicorns. Nice battle.
It's now start of week 8. Due to the opening to the middle island I could liberate enough crystals to build Dragons. Hunters and Dancers have been upgraded now as well and I've found the Tome of Light. Hero is 5 15 4 9. I'm pretty positive I'll win this one.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The Heroic Challenge: Ubi link

Unread postby fiur » 19 Mar 2007, 17:31

well this map is hard no dobt about it.... (the two side are nearly equal both misses the crystal mine.... the main diff. is that the blue side has access to an lvl.2 spell the red has lvl.3....)
this is my attempt (main battle week.8 I played random Sylvan Hero and got Ossir)
after the battle he lookes like this... :

I've played this map several times at the TOH (Tournament of Honor)
http://www.toheroes.com

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 20 Mar 2007, 17:52

Well, not having a Crystal Cavern favors Haven and Fortress because you have the Resource Silo (and Haven doesn't even need too much Crystals)

A map for Haven lovers :mad: and anti-Sylvan

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 20 Mar 2007, 20:28

Apocalypse wrote:Well, not having a Crystal Cavern favors Haven and Fortress because you have the Resource Silo (and Haven doesn't even need too much Crystals)

A map for Haven lovers :mad: and anti-Sylvan
Yes thats true I was playing against Haven (as Dungeon) that was a challenge... :)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Mar 2007, 22:53

Well I played it on Hard, I've never tried heroic. I did random towns and got dungeon vs. dungeon. I won by making the enemy fight me only in the castles. My hero was level 9 when assaulted by a level 17 hero but I won....Then my level 18 hero killed their level 12 demon hero and I won the map. By the way, I didn't have any dragons but the enemy had 9 blacks.

Next time I'll try the Sylvan Necro match up on hard.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Mar 2007, 02:42

Reporting back now that I've tried it on Hard difficulty, Sylvan vs. Necro.

I got very lucky all throughout the map. I got peasants guarding the wood and ore mines. Random heroes gave me ossir and I was able to clear out the mines quickly with hunters and sprites.

I was offered war machines and got imbue ballista, Ice bolt in the guild. Raven busted through the phoenixes when I had a very weak army, but sort of stayed in place while I fled to my castle. I came back out with a few treants and some unicorns etc. My reinforced army + ballista was easily able to kill raven (got unicorn horn bow) so then I had all the necro monsters in my avenger guild and got triple ballista. I won in month 3 week 2.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”