New info and combat interface screen

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you like how the progress bar looks?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 27

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 01:02

I should add that I was one of the guys who hated heroes IV(in the beginning).. then, with equilibris it got a little bit better, but didn´t even reach the feet of Heroes III...

Well eh... the interesting part is that this kind of thing is very personal, but I personally think Ubisoft is doing a great job, and they´re giving us, fans, a lot of good feedback and material plus info to crunch.The thing is, I, as a fan of the series for the last 8 years(I play since I was 9 years!) and I know there are a lot of guys who have been enjoying it for far longer than me, but the point is that I still think it will surely please fans and newcomers alike, and I am 100% optimist about Heroes V, and friend I pray you like HV because it´s gonna rock big time, even with its 8x10 wich, I do add again, some guys might even like best than the older battlefield!!! :)
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jan 2006, 01:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:Im not.There were plenty of people that hated HIV,so there will be plenty of us that will hate HV.I personaly am not sure.I know that I might find the story interesting,but graphics and most of the gameplay I find bad.Therefore its more likely I will be among those that wont like HV.
For me it looks totally conversely, the story will be average (from my point of view) but graphics and gameplay are supposed to be excellent ones. And Ubi is doing lots, more then other companies if I can compare....
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Jan 2006, 04:17

I'm annoyed today so if my posts seem angry then just get used to it.

Battlefield size: Worthless decision
The bar below: Bad!
Ghost mode: Seems very cool. I got a feeling that it will be shut off in hardcore MP tournaments though.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 07:14

arthureloi wrote:yeah, sure firend, but I think we should lay our criticism, constructive or not, when we are sure of what we are talking about, when we have solid concepts of it.. who knows you´ll play heroes V with these so named flaws and like it even more than the old ways?? Just that, no intrigues!

WRONG! If my criticism is off-base then the only time wasted is mine. If it's right then by complaining we might get them to change it.

People that say that we have to wait for the game to come out to complain are being silly, what good will it do to complain about the BF size, or how the interface/graphics looks or the names of the creatures/heroes when then? There is no time-machine that the developers can take to go back and remake the game, and by the time of the open beta they're mostly only looking for balance issues and won't have time to change alot of things.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jan 2006, 11:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
arthureloi wrote:yeah, sure firend, but I think we should lay our criticism, constructive or not, when we are sure of what we are talking about, when we have solid concepts of it.. who knows you´ll play heroes V with these so named flaws and like it even more than the old ways?? Just that, no intrigues!

WRONG! If my criticism is off-base then the only time wasted is mine. If it's right then by complaining we might get them to change it.

People that say that we have to wait for the game to come out to complain are being silly, what good will it do to complain about the BF size, or how the interface/graphics looks or the names of the creatures/heroes when then? There is no time-machine that the developers can take to go back and remake the game, and by the time of the open beta they're mostly only looking for balance issues and won't have time to change alot of things.
Good point, thats why we have beta testing not only for bugs and balance but also fix features like the battlefield size, charge abilities, creature looks, names etc.
As said it will be too late to change things when the beta first have ended and if most fans hate the features they need to wait for the expansion pack(s) (if the exp pack will fix certain features etc) for enjoying H5 to the fullest and guess who who erans alot on the exp pack(s) just for fixing stuff from the original? Its dirty tactics from the developers if its goes that way, alot of profit, but maybe also less fans :disagree:
Last edited by Orfinn on 21 Jan 2006, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jan 2006, 11:07

Yes,without constructive criticizm we would never have the hell charger! :devil:

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 12:11

Aw, man, I don´t know.. I just think that, we should complain when we are sure of it, just that. I think many people who are complaining now will love it, so..
heheehehehe the hell charger heheheheh I don´t care, hell charger, hell stallion lol whatever :D
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 12:54

Orfinn wrote: As said it will be too late to change things when the beta first have ended and if most fans hate the features they need to wait for the expansion pack(s) (if the exp pack will fix certain features etc) for enjoying H5 to the fullest and guess who who erans alot on the exp pack(s) just for fixing stuff from the original? Its dirty tactics from the developers if its goes that way, alot of profit, but maybe also less fans :disagree:
Name 1 game in which the exp has changed major features. Or unit names.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jan 2006, 13:02

ThunderTitan wrote:
Orfinn wrote: As said it will be too late to change things when the beta first have ended and if most fans hate the features they need to wait for the expansion pack(s) (if the exp pack will fix certain features etc) for enjoying H5 to the fullest and guess who who erans alot on the exp pack(s) just for fixing stuff from the original? Its dirty tactics from the developers if its goes that way, alot of profit, but maybe also less fans :disagree:
Name 1 game in which the exp has changed major features. Or unit names.
Generals(I forgot the expansion name).It didnt change the unit names,but it made the game much more enjoyable to play.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 13:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Generals(I forgot the expansion name).It didnt change the unit names,but it made the game much more enjoyable to play.

Zero Hour. What changed so much? Did the entire interface change? The game mechanics?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jan 2006, 13:15

I dont know,I didnt like the forst,so I never played.Even though lots of people said its much,much better now.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 13:26

DaemianLucifer wrote:I dont know,I didnt like the forst,so I never played.Even though lots of people said its much,much better now.
Well that doesn't mean they completly changed stuff. They might have just added things that made the gameplay better.

I was going to ask why u posted about it if you didn't play it, but then i remembered that the post count doesn't get itself to 1000.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jan 2006, 13:33

You know me just too well :devil:

Civilization III conquests had some changes in its gameplay(although minor ones)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 13:42

DaemianLucifer wrote:You know me just too well :devil:

Civilization III conquests had some changes in its gameplay(although minor ones)

Well adding units would also change gameplay.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”