Charge resistance? just what is it about really?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2006, 22:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:They could be just different coloured blobs for all I care.Id still play both HIII and HIV nevertheless!

Look down. :down: Notice something?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 22:34

:ashamed:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2006, 22:52

DaemianLucifer wrote::ashamed:
You should be. :tsdown: :tongue:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jan 2006, 13:12

The Dragons in HV is at least more uniqe than those from HIII but still few of them and prettier than those in HIV, unless we get a confirmation if there are going to be neutral dragons too with a unique aspect on each of them, 3 extra dragons is enough btw! Until now it seems for me the dragon set from HV is the best.

But back on topic, wonder if Dragons will have charge ability....wingless(also called drakes) dragons like the crystal dragon from HIII would be great with charge :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 13:26

We already have a flying charge(What is it called?)of the shadow dragon.And it sounds nice(although a bit similar to gryphons battle dive)

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 16 Jan 2006, 15:00

"Resist Charge" means that the Knight's special ability "charge" cannot be used on those creatures. :D
knight is a HERO type of Heaven town ;)

Atleast I think so. :baby:
Last edited by Xenofex.XVII on 16 Jan 2006, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jan 2006, 15:17

Xenofex.XVII wrote:"Charge Immunity" means that the Knight's special ability "charge" cannot be used on those creatures. :D
knight is a HERO type of Heaven town ;)

Atleast I think so. :baby:
Unless he cast negate charge on those creatures. Hmm i guess it works only against creatures with resist charge not charge immunity :devious:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2006, 16:15

Charge Immunity: The ability to actually dive out of the way of a horse you see coming from a mile away...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Jan 2006, 17:12

Kalah wrote:Charge Immunity: The ability to actually dive out of the way of a horse you see coming from a mile away...
LOL! :lol:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 18:10

So negate resist charg would be freezing your enemy in fear?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2006, 19:04

Yeah. By pulling down your pants and saying "BOOH!" ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 16 Jan 2006, 19:40

is that fear or is it something else? something more.. dirty?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 20:10

Its laughter :rofl:

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 17 Jan 2006, 01:39

Orfinn wrote:Charge = The more troops in the stack the more powerful I guess and powerful with a strong high lvl hero.

Resist Charge= As the word say you resist some or all charge damage.

Negate Resist Charge= I guess this means you remove the resist charge ability from enemy troops making them more vulnerable to Charge.

Hope its balanced enough 8|
I'm assuming you're reading all this info from my site? Sorry guys. Read the disclaimer at the top of the page. These special abilities are my GUESSES as to what they'll be based SOLELY on the unit descriptions. Even the names I made up. Some of them will be correct...but many won't be. I've only decided to NOT change them until we know something for certain.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2006, 08:52

Sir Charles wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Charge = The more troops in the stack the more powerful I guess and powerful with a strong high lvl hero.

Resist Charge= As the word say you resist some or all charge damage.

Negate Resist Charge= I guess this means you remove the resist charge ability from enemy troops making them more vulnerable to Charge.

Hope its balanced enough 8|
I'm assuming you're reading all this info from my site? Sorry guys. Read the disclaimer at the top of the page. These special abilities are my GUESSES as to what they'll be based SOLELY on the unit descriptions. Even the names I made up. Some of them will be correct...but many won't be. I've only decided to NOT change them until we know something for certain.
Or maybe we used logic? And the fact that Charge is basicly the Jousting Bonus from previous games? The "getting more powerful with more units and good hero" is most a side effect of it being a % bonus, just like in the other games.

EDIT: love the art galery, it would be nice if you could update it. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jan 2006, 15:16

Well, does "resist charge" take away some of the damage from the charge ability, or the total damage dealt by the creature with charge..?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2006, 15:34

Kalah wrote:Well, does "resist charge" take away some of the damage from the charge ability, or the total damage dealt by the creature with charge..?
Well logicaly it would either deny the charge bonus, or would lessen it! So the total damage would be smaller.

Like i said, my conclusions are based on Charge being the same as the Jousting Bonus from the other games. I might be wrong though.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 17 Jan 2006, 18:47

Kalah wrote:Well, does "resist charge" take away some of the damage from the charge ability, or the total damage dealt by the creature with charge..?
I don't know if I got your question right but I doubt the negate/resist charge ability would lessen the damage so much that it would be less than if the attacker didn't charge at all.

so if base damage is X and charge is C, resist charge probably only lessens or removes C.

I don't know if I understood your question correctly though..

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 17 Jan 2006, 19:04

Resist charge, nagate resist charge, charge... I'm just waiting for HoMM VI to have block, resist block, negate resist block... :sad:
Grah!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Jan 2006, 20:24

Or maybe "Retal", "Negate Retal", "Negate Negate Retal"...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”