Charge resistance? just what is it about really?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Charge resistance? just what is it about really?

Unread postby Arzang » 14 Jan 2006, 18:51

seems like a slew of creatures have this ability. but the only creature I've seen so far with a joustinge bonus is the cavalier/paladin/guywithlanconhorsey. is resistance against charge only against that horseguy or do they mean something else?

seems weird having many units with charge resistance when only one unit can charge.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Charge resistance? just what is it about really?

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2006, 19:02

And who know? Perhaps jousting bonus will get any unit with sufficent mass and armor. Like Running Demons, Dragons unable to decelerate or thrown Peasant?

After all it will give a sense, yes? :tsup:
(Real Physics)
Last edited by Pol on 14 Jan 2006, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Jan 2006, 19:02

Didn't the nightmare have a charge ability as well? Also, the lizard riders in the dungeon could very well also have it, as well as the Unicorns.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 14 Jan 2006, 21:48

Gaidal Cain wrote:Didn't the nightmare have a charge ability as well? Also, the lizard riders in the dungeon could very well also have it, as well as the Unicorns.
looked it up and the nightmare has that ability. the unicorn doesn't but the dark champion (lizard) has a charge ability. the dark raider (unupgraded dinosaur) doesn't. the champion's charge cannot be resisted.

it's quite strange that the unicorn lacks charge but nightmare has it. but since they both look alike and both are level 5 units it would be a bit lame for them both to have that ability.

if only 2 units have the charge ability (which can be blocked) it seems like it will be very powerful since so many are charge resistant.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jan 2006, 21:58

Arzang wrote: looked it up and the nightmare has that ability. the unicorn doesn't but the dark champion (lizard) has a charge ability. the dark raider (unupgraded dinosaur) doesn't. the champion's charge cannot be resisted.

it's quite strange that the unicorn lacks charge but nightmare has it. but since they both look alike and both are level 5 units it would be a bit lame for them both to have that ability.

if only 2 units have the charge ability (which can be blocked) it seems like it will be very powerful since so many are charge resistant.
The Unicorn hopefully was Blind. And in all the other Heroes games only the Champion/Cavalier/guyonhorsewithtoothpick had Charge and it was powerful enough, the charge resistant creatures are prob there to make you chose your target based on something besides whos farther.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jan 2006, 12:14

Charge = The more troops in the stack the more powerful I guess and powerful with a strong high lvl hero.

Resist Charge= As the word say you resist some or all charge damage.

Negate Resist Charge= I guess this means you remove the resist charge ability from enemy troops making them more vulnerable to Charge.

Hope its balanced enough 8|

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Jan 2006, 12:19

Orfinn wrote:Charge = The more troops in the stack the more powerful I guess and powerful with a strong high lvl hero.
Eeuhm, that not the heroes version of charge - that's the more you walk the more damage you do right? Or is that jousting bonus and this is a new ability.
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jan 2006, 13:01

Thelonious wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Charge = The more troops in the stack the more powerful I guess and powerful with a strong high lvl hero.
Eeuhm, that not the heroes version of charge - that's the more you walk the more damage you do right? Or is that jousting bonus and this is a new ability.
Thats my guess not a fact. We'll see how it turns out.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 13:46

ThunderTitan wrote: The Unicorn hopefully was Blind. And in all the other Heroes games only the Champion/Cavalier/guyonhorsewithtoothpick had Charge and it was powerful enough, the charge resistant creatures are prob there to make you chose your target based on something besides whos farther.
yeah it has the blind ability together with the magic aura protection thingy. I don't know much about H3 (I prefer H4 over H3. so kill me) but I know that it was very powerful in H4. maybe very powerful is an exaggeration but I do know that it made all the difference if you circled a unit and attacked from behind or if you just attacked from front.

maybe that's why the knight has so crappy movement in H4 despite being on a friggin' horse.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2006, 15:13

Thelonious wrote:
Well the more troops in the stack and having a hero with a high attack the more damage they would do, which would also boost the damage of the jousting bonus. The distance increased the % of extra damage.

Seeing as the cavalier/paladin has Charge it prob is the new name of the Jousting Bonus.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 19:06

Its more logical for a unicorn to have the charge then for nightmare.Charge requires the unit to stab or ram its target.Unicorn has a horn,so it is more obvious for it to stab its opponent,than for the nightmare to headbutt it.And I think one more inferno troop has charge.Was it demon or familiar?

I wonder why dont the collosi(titans)have negate negate ressist charge :devil:

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 19:18

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its more logical for a unicorn to have the charge then for nightmare.Charge requires the unit to stab or ram its target.Unicorn has a horn,so it is more obvious for it to stab its opponent,than for the nightmare to headbutt it.And I think one more inferno troop has charge.Was it demon or familiar?

I wonder why dont the collosi(titans)have negate negate ressist charge :devil:
that's the stupid thing. Nightmares have the horn as well. that and the fact that both nightmare and unicorn are level 5 makes me splooge at the thought of the creative minds at work over at Nival. the other inferno unit you're referring to is prolly the demon, which has resist charge.

well the collosi aren't sturdy. they're kinda tall. compare it to the demon which is a short but sturdy animal. it's easier to topple a tree than a rock isn't it?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 19:53

Oh,I havent looked at the picture that carefully.So,we have a unicorn and a nighmare-unicorn?Really creative!

And that thought about titans was just a joke.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 21:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:Oh,I havent looked at the picture that carefully.So,we have a unicorn and a nighmare-unicorn?Really creative!

And that thought about titans was just a joke.
yeah. almost as creative as emerald dragon, bone dragon, black dragon.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2006, 21:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:Oh,I havent looked at the picture that carefully.So,we have a unicorn and a nighmare-unicorn?Really creative!
Now, now... it's actualy a flambe unicorn! I heard it's delicous with a side order of mashed imps...
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 15 Jan 2006, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 21:53

Well at least crystal dragon was different

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 22:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well at least crystal dragon was different
the only thing different is a collective love for dragons. it's one thing to plagiarize from someone else but to copy your own work.. why?

oh well, at least it didn't suffer from what H3AB suffered from. now that was just pathetic.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 22:20

Too much dragons gets boring.Sure,it was stupid to have 10% of creatures as dragons,but at least it had lots of originality in it.HV has 10% of creatures as dragons,almost no originality and the same creature combo in every city! :tired:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2006, 22:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:Too much dragons gets boring.Sure,it was stupid to have 10% of creatures as dragons,but at least it had lots of originality in it.HV has 10% of creatures as dragons,almost no originality and the same creature combo in every city! :tired:

Oh, please.... Warhammer is very original, as is Menzoberranzan... And the creatures only have the same abilities, but they look different. :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jan 2006, 22:29

They could be just different coloured blobs for all I care.Id still play both HIII and HIV nevertheless!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”