Just Finished the HoF Campaign and...Wow

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Just Finished the HoF Campaign and...Wow

Unread postby atma6 » 06 Mar 2007, 20:01

~Probable Spoilers~

I played through the original campaign awhile ago, and although it wasn't bad, I felt like it had a poorly done story and I didn't connect with any of the characters. About a week ago I finally decided to buy HoF, and I've just beaten the Campaign. I thought it was really well done. Actually In the Dragons Mission I was so excited to get Raelag back and the story I thought was gripping. Initially I thought that the story was moving really slowly and they weren't getting anywhere, but when I found out in the end they weren't going to finish Biara off I practically applauded. Sure this is just another way of continuing the story in other expansions, but now I really want to see how this story ends.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 06 Mar 2007, 21:34

I think story in H5 and Hof Both is very weak..
The part about biara taking the kingdom while queen is free and happily enjoining her time with that darkelf is ridiculous.

There is no depth in characters, no depth in story..
Campaigns

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Mar 2007, 23:21

Agreed. Though HoF storytelling has improved a lot compared to the original. The good thing is that you continue without really knowing where it will come to and the story has shifted to more epic notions. The leaders are but pawns in the greater scheme and it's up to the alliances to weather the coming storm.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 07 Mar 2007, 15:05

I'm probably only impressed because I'm directly comparing it to the original.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”