Necro balancing after 2.1 changes

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Necro balancing after 2.1 changes

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 12 Feb 2007, 12:52

I've played a couple rounds with it and here is what I think should be changed:

The Raise Dead spell is too good.
Base value should be halved (to 60, 80, 100, 120, respectively) and damage per point or SP reduced by 5 (to, 10, 15, 20, 25).

Moreover I think that Necromancy should raise less percentage-wise (you COULD raise like hell in terms of Necromancy, but can't because of DE limits, never because of Necromancy limits) and I think further the starting DE level should be slightly less, maybe 150-180 points, while the gain via Necromancy and Hero level should be bigger. Furthermore the 150 points for the Pillar is too much. 100 points would be enough.
So the aim was to start with less, but get a little more during game play, reducing the importance of the pillar of bones.
That's my impression at least.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 12 Feb 2007, 14:47

Raise dead should be altered some way... that's clear

Necromancy seems a bit strong in comparison to some other racials. Still I do not think it is that much stronger and furthermore it is much cooler right now. The other racials should be analised instead imo.

Gating got pretty strong the last patch, Rune magic is as strong as can be,

Artificier just needs that the artifacts update their power with the knowledge of the hero and it is on par imo...

OTOH training got a lot weaker(see the other thread) - too weak IMO. I would change the limits at least to something creature based(i.e more archers per week than higher level troops and maybe have different counts for different creatures)
oh... and retaliation strike stinks.... for god's sake make it at least on par with mark of the damned...

Iresistible magic is pretty damn useless, so I see a problem here. I would change this completely by not allowing the BD to be affected by it, reduce the movement cost of dark ritual and do something about those elemental chains which I really think need some revising.

Avenger is cool but I think it would be much more useful if the hero could choose its favored enemies without returning to town. I would suggest an ability(like a spell that opens a menu) that allows choosing the enemy and which would cost some movement points(maybe the whole day). Then the building should have other use... maybe something like choosing an extra enemy... or who knows...

So I would say, necro starts to look like what all of us expected from H5. It's the time for the other races to catch up...

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 12 Feb 2007, 19:24

I am in agreement with you Jolly. I have converted to the Necromancer simply because it is what I expected from the other races (and because I absolutely can't stand the asthetics of the Academy, my former home through HOMMIV).

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 13 Feb 2007, 13:56

I think I remember once coming across an Amulet of Necromancy artifact (or something like that...) once in the game that raised the raised %. Did this artifact change along with the skill?

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 18:23

I know the artifact. I think the DE limit still applies, though you can raise more creatures per combat, DE allowing...or I believe... ;|

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 14 Feb 2007, 23:24

The high necromancy percentages are fine because there is a weekly limit to necromancy.

It is very simple: If you are playing a XXXXXXXLWTFOMG!! map you will face legions of neutral monsters, but there is no problem with the high percentages because you have the DE limit, so 3k skeletons is never more possible; and if you are playing a small map necro is still competitive because even if there are few neutral monsters your DE will be easily depleted thanks to the high percentages.

Conclusion: Necro is balanced for S and XL maps!

PS: Raise Dead is actually nerfed with -20% to HP per cast! another nerf will make it like a weakening spell lol. Seriously, we don't need another useless spell in the game.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”