Limited edition information available

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Limited edition information available

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 12 Jan 2006, 22:15

http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=69292&category=PC

EDIT: A friend told me about this. Respectable offer for 3 games + music-CD, not to mention other bonus materials. I wonder if expansions include in those Heroes III & IV mentioned.. :-D

ciptheelf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ciptheelf » 12 Jan 2006, 22:45

well, if those are not system requirements....

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jan 2006, 22:45

Hm. So for 60 bucks we get HoMM3, HoMM4 and HoMM5 - plus some extra bonus goodies?

That's not a bad deal.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jan 2006, 22:50

Why not Heroes I and II when they're at it? I already have the other two ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jan 2006, 23:22

That may take a while.

Is there even a market for that? Will a large quantity of fans buy H1 and 2 if released in a new package?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 23:31

Kalah wrote:That may take a while.

Is there even a market for that? Will a large quantity of fans buy H1 and 2 if released in a new package?
I think he wanted them in the same package as #5!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 12 Jan 2006, 23:43

H1 and H2 would be more attractive as bonus material than H3 and H4. especially since I have problems running H2 (downloaded. no new versions to buy) on XP.

including these would allow us to play them fully functional. H3 and H4 are already republished. H1 and H2 are not.

Wilikki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wilikki » 13 Jan 2006, 00:57

Arzang wrote:H1 and H2 would be more attractive as bonus material than H3 and H4. especially since I have problems running H2 (downloaded. no new versions to buy) on XP.

including these would allow us to play them fully functional. H3 and H4 are already republished. H1 and H2 are not.
I agree. H1 and H2 (that works on xp) would be a much better bonus because ubi allready republished H3 and H4. And i dont seem to get my H2 running in xp. And i allready have H3 and H4 "exclusives".

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 13 Jan 2006, 01:32

I wonder if it still come int that treasure chest thing like we saw in the PotD on CH.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Jan 2006, 12:18

Agree, I would prefer HI & HII the only ones Im missing in my collection :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2006, 12:26

Wilikki wrote: I agree. H1 and H2 (that works on xp) would be a much better bonus because ubi allready republished H3 and H4. And i dont seem to get my H2 running in xp. And i allready have H3 and H4 "exclusives".
Do a google search for "GOLD FIX wing32dll"! It should make HII work on XP!
It would be even better if they would include ALL Heroes games, including all the Chronicles. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 13 Jan 2006, 12:47

Indeed! The Chronicles are the only Heroes games I haven´t played. :D ..But why oh why pre-order is available only in North America?! :down: :disagree: Designer is Russian, publisher French (hint: European)! I can only blame Florida-living pensioner grandma stock-holders for this.. :cry: :wall:

EDIT: List of the Heroes Chronicles I´d like to get:
* Clash of the Dragons (2000)
* Masters of the Elements (2000)
* Conquest of the Underworld (2000)
* Warlords of the Wastelands (2000)
* The World Tree (free download after buying two)
* The Fiery Moon (free download after buying two)
* Revolt of the Beastmasters
* The Sword of Frost
Last edited by FantoMaxJM on 13 Jan 2006, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Jan 2006, 14:09

Kalah wrote:That may take a while.

Well as you read, most don't have HoMM I and HoMM II, inclueding myself. It would take just one extra disc to put those two in to the package as well.
Grah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jan 2006, 15:25

I don't think they'd bother. Too much work for too little. Now, a seperate re-issue of H1&2 in a seperate package - that might be a plausible project. Then they would be able to sell those vintage games to hardcore fans in addition to the newer games, thus squeezing a bit more money out of us. ;)

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 13 Jan 2006, 16:38

Kalah wrote:I don't think they'd bother. Too much work for too little. Now, a seperate re-issue of H1&2 in a seperate package - that might be a plausible project. Then they would be able to sell those vintage games to hardcore fans in addition to the newer games, thus squeezing a bit more money out of us. ;)
Ubisoft has already bothered itself at reprocess and refine H1 and H2.
I should know, I have the disk and casing for the H1 game into my CD Tray holders as of right now.

Did you know that 3DO already republished H1 after they totally refurbished it for gameplay onto the WinXP's PC platform(date:2000).
And, so happen that they did the exact same thing with H2+expansion of Price of Loyalty and, calling it HoMM2:Gold.
Furthermore, HoMM3-Complete was, also, released onto same exact year:2000.

What Ubisoft and its elite team of product makers/packers did is, simply open up the games core wide open and tweak them up so, it will be installable onto WinXP(SP1&SP2 also)and, playable to its uppermost quality. Then recopy the whole onto totally newer CDs and, design, implement, produce and repackage these marvellous-treasurous games into a marketable-labelled Ubisoft logoed finished product.

Unfortunately, H1 was a largely limited and as is remarketed product from 3DO boxed upped with the Ubisoft logo onto it. Then was poured onto the worldwide market in the Fall of 2004.

If I'm not mistaken, I think H2:Gold is still being sold new and used through the ebay public reselling service(Ebay.ca).

Enjoy this knowledge that has now been poured down into a large post of a great new Forum coming directly from CH.
B-)
Luc J. Patenaude
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jan 2006, 16:44

Considering Windows XP was first released in the autumn of 2001, I think you've confused a few things there. Also, AFAIK, H2 gold is was released well before 2000.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jan 2006, 01:38

The point was that a release of other games than H5 at this point is... well, pointless.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Jan 2006, 08:13

Yes, but here we're talking about bonus content to be added to a special version of H5. The two newer games are nice for those who's new to the series, but not very interesting to older fans that are likely to own one or both of them.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”