In case you missed it.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

In case you missed it.

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jan 2007, 19:21

Posted by Alderbranchh in ubi's forum:

In Nival-released 10th anniversary funny (russian) map, you can see the following path (inside the h5m):
\Textures\Terrain\Orc_Terrain
They also used paths to an H5A2 folder inside the resources. For example in \Textures\Terrain\Sand\Scatter_Stones_Sand.xdb:
<SrcName href="/H5A2/AdventureMap/Tails/Scatter_Stones_Sand.tga"/>

Haven't seen this one. I erased the map after playing it for a while. I couldn't understand it and after all it was probably Nival staff with inside references and jokes. I couldn't care less.

In the addon (HoF) files, there is a (obviously unused in game) Kha-Beleth's dialogue sound:
dataa1\a1-sound.pak\bin\Sounds\51574191-D01F-475B-A3AC-3392F2264A96
(rename to .wav to play)

I just heard the track! Just open the a1-sound.pak with winrar and open the folders till you reach your destination. Extract it and it should be ready. I didn't have to rename it and simply opened it with windows media player. This guy clearly hates everyone!

Think we'll get both nagas and orcs? Seeing ubi's way with add-ons it's probably 1 race per add-on with just 15 missions but maybe they'll surprise me and offer then both next time! :) One can only hope!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Re: In case you missed it.

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 29 Jan 2007, 19:46

Elvin wrote:Think we'll get both nagas and orcs? Seeing ubi's way with add-ons it's probably 1 race per add-on with just 15 missions but maybe they'll surprise me and offer then both next time! :) One can only hope!
Seeing that in this day more add-ons=more money I espect at least two more add-ons.
BTW what's the deal with all the campaigns having only 5 missions?
Is it because the scroll texture isn't big enough to hold more texts :devil:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jan 2007, 19:48

Seems a serious enough reason. :devious:
- Metathron

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 29 Jan 2007, 19:54

Oh no!
The Naga speculations sounded so nice!
I would have liked to see a "true" magic oriented faction in the second addon ( i know the dwarves are kinda the most magic oriented race thanks to great magic skills AND runes but they don't look like it), maybe with a swamp based background,
NO honoraddicted-tribebased-shamanistic-klingon-warlord-orc fellas for me please, maybe even looking like Warcraft orcs, thank god the minotaurs are stuck in Dungeon, otherwise i could have foretold some "Tauren" clones in there as well!
Well, what will it be? Six orcs and a dragon (again) (although i DO know that the alternative would be six Nagas and a dragon :-D)?

Fwoooh, this rant was refreshing :-)
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jan 2007, 20:13

The file from HoF mentions water snakes and plains nomads apart from the ones we know. What do you think water snakes hints at? ;)
- Metathron

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 01 Feb 2007, 09:27

Elvin wrote:The file from HoF mentions water snakes and plains nomads apart from the ones we know. What do you think water snakes hints at? ;)
.... you're right :-D, but i hope there will be two factions in the next expansion.... not one faction shipped in two addons... although i'd have nothing against two expansions either... BUT i would prefer Nagas being available not later than orcs!
We'll see (hopefully soon)!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Feb 2007, 17:07

STRONGHOLD.... must have it or it's not a Heroes game. End of story.

And the fluff says the Orcs don't worship dragons, while the Naga's do.

And you're wrong about warcraft orcs, most of the other races are warhammer, so i think those orcs are the more likely inspiration (not that WC orcs weren't based on the WH ones in the first and 2nd game)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 01 Feb 2007, 17:20

Elvin wrote:The file from HoF mentions water snakes and plains nomads apart from the ones we know. What do you think water snakes hints at? ;)
Which file is that? I must have missed it. Where can I find it?

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 01 Feb 2007, 18:43

ThunderTitan wrote:STRONGHOLD.... must have it or it's not a Heroes game. End of story.
You shouldn't be disappointed. ;)

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 18:27

Orcs and halflings would make interesting opposites for an add-on...and of course the nagas need some kind of enemy as well...ideas?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Feb 2007, 18:36

Not necessarily. After all they are supposed to be isolated to have an opposing faction other than the demons or a neighbouring faction. The dwarves don't have an opposite faction though they are traditionally enemies with the dark elves.
And...halflings? ;| No way!
- Metathron

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 18:56

No? I thought it worked alright in HoMMII...and it worked well in other games. I just think there need to be more humanoid type races. We have elves, humans, and dwarves so far, with demons and undead providing some variety. What of some other creatures from fantasy, such as halflings, gnomes, trolls(not necessarily allied with orcs), orcs, I liked the idea of an evil human faction, but they could have been a bit more creative with it, giants(rather than colossus which isn't really alive)...there's alot we can pull from that would make interesting towns because just nagas and orcs...though orcs are almost a must.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Feb 2007, 19:12

Strangely, I feel we have more than enough humanoids with 2 elves, the dwarves and the humans. Anyway I never really liked the halflings and it would probably result in a faction with 5-6 halflings...Actually I'm rather tired of seeing the same races everywhere so I'd like to see something else instead.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Feb 2007, 19:33

I'm also tired of seeing the Warhammer/D&D races in every fantasy game.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Feb 2007, 19:41

Seems I was lucky not to play warhammer! :D
- Metathron

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 20:49

As far as the uniformity of races goes, I'm in complete agreement with you. What made the halflings playable in HoMM II was that they were only one unit in the town. A town of nothing but halfling units would also be a bad idea...it makes me wonder why Ubival couldn't have been a little more creative in their town organization. Even if they didn't follow the factions as they were laid out in previous heroes games, though could have done better than use such uniformity as a "theme."

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Feb 2007, 23:51

Starbatron wrote:As far as the uniformity of races goes, I'm in complete agreement with you. What made the halflings playable in HoMM II was that they were only one unit in the town. A town of nothing but halfling units would also be a bad idea...it makes me wonder why Ubival couldn't have been a little more creative in their town organization. Even if they didn't follow the factions as they were laid out in previous heroes games, though could have done better than use such uniformity as a "theme."
Ugh, an all halfling town would be a big bore. "Ubival" used uniformity for the town organizations because they were too busy having anniversary parties instead of using their minds for creative purposes.

I think an Insect town would be lots of fun to play. Or at least have some bug creatures to play in the game, instead of having "bugs" mess with the gameplay. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Feb 2007, 00:23

I don't want more bugs introduced!! Even of a different sort! :D
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 14 Feb 2007, 00:24

Ugh, an all halfling town would be a big bore. "Ubival" used uniformity for the town organizations because they were too busy having anniversary parties instead of using their minds for creative purposes.
:rofl:

Blashpemy! We all know Nival was busy creating new bugs to perpetuate the madness! :tongue:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 14 Feb 2007, 11:48

2 new races are enough. no more, no less! also they should use mainly creatures we all know from other games (goblins, orcs, trolls, thunderbirds, behemonts, almos forgot cyclops :) ). It is way more nicer to deal with them, than with some weird, creapy "aliens".

But! Besides the 2 races some more stuff has to be added/balanced in the game. I realy love the new necromancy and they should take the time and do the same with the other racials.

....and I stick with my iddea: diversify the battlefields!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”