HOF C2M4 Problem

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOF C2M4 Problem

Unread postby durin » 23 Jan 2007, 11:54

Hi everybody. I'm a long-time lurker, First time poster. I've been playing through the HOF campaigns and I've stumbled across a problem. In the objectives it says I have to meet Duncan's Army. No problem I thought. Only when Duncan appears he races up to me and kicks my a**. Game over! I've restarted this mission several times, same outcome every time. Has this happened to anyone else and what can I do to fix it?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Jan 2007, 23:35

Welcome to the forums then, Durin (it is your first post)! ;)

Huh, you mean he goes up to you and ATTACKS? (some friend Duncan is...)

Oh boy...well, this didn't happen to me in my playthrough so I don't know what to do. I would say reload and try again.

Hope this helps!

;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 24 Jan 2007, 00:26

Thanks for the welcome Winterfate. I've reloaded several times and the same thing keeps happening, Duncan is part of the red faction and attacks on sight. I'm wondering if avoiding Duncan until I've captured Tor Hrall will make a difference.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Jan 2007, 00:41

The problem is that, AFAIK, Duncan is unavoidable. That's a very odd bug (perhaps that's the game's demented way of forcing you to have a decent army?).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jan 2007, 07:18

Just to check- scripts have worked earlier in the map, yes? That is, whenever you went to attack a stack of dwarven units, you got the message about them joining if you gave them a lump of resources?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 24 Jan 2007, 11:25

No, most of the Dwarven units joined for free. I take it this means the scripts aren't working on this map. Any suggestions?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jan 2007, 16:44

Well, I had similar troubles with the ordinary campaigns at a time, and could avoid them by changing the difficulty setting.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Diadem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Diadem » 24 Jan 2007, 16:53

I don't have HOF yet, but I've experienced similar problems in C5M1. Try saving your game and suiciding your hero. See if you loose the game then.

If the map scripts aren't working you have to go back to the last save where they still worked. That probably means restarting the mission.

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 24 Jan 2007, 19:31

Hi Guys. Thanks for the advice. Restarting the mission didn't seem to have any effect so i tried a more drastic solution. I uninstalled the whole lot (H5 and HOF) after backing up my saves and did a completely clean reinstall(no mods added) and this sorted the problem. All the scripts started working and Duncan didn't attack when he rode to meet me. Thanks again for all the help. Its a credit to the Heroes community that so many people are willing to pitch in with ideas.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 24 Jan 2007, 19:36

Thanks for telling us about the results. A lot of people just go away once they have the solution to their problems. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”