Race and Town Creation Contest - Please tell me your ideas

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 20 Jun 2006, 21:46

Well, of course it was just the basics. I was pretty tired when I wrote this and forgot about shooters entirely...

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 21 Jun 2006, 14:43

Perhaps they could have the ability to make their units directly do damage against castle walls and gates. A wall breaking giant quite fits in the picture for me. And this could add new tactics for sieges.

Anyway, the barbarian hordes were famous of breaking through city walls and ravaging towns, weren't they? : )

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 15:00

Sixy wrote:Perhaps they could have the ability to make their units directly do damage against castle walls and gates. A wall breaking giant quite fits in the picture for me. And this could add new tactics for sieges.

Anyway, the barbarian hordes were famous of breaking through city walls and ravaging towns, weren't they? : )
Id like to see that one,and I suggested it once.But seeing how they care nothing for interesting inovations,I doubt well see anything like that.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 21 Jun 2006, 15:21

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Sixy wrote:Perhaps they could have the ability to make their units directly do damage against castle walls and gates. A wall breaking giant quite fits in the picture for me. And this could add new tactics for sieges.

Id like to see that one,and I suggested it once.But seeing how they care nothing for interesting inovations,I doubt well see anything like that.
It's a shame. That would be an awesome addition.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 21 Jun 2006, 15:32

Is it just me or do anyone else want back the cyclops??
Lvl 7:
Cyclops(High damage but not area attack)/ Cyclops King or elder cyclops(less damage but instead had Area attack and shoot twicecould.like the gargantaun in Heroes IV.)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 15:44

Jimmpi wrote:Is it just me or do anyone else want back the cyclops??
Lvl 7:
Cyclops(High damage but not area attack)/ Cyclops King or elder cyclops(less damage but instead had Area attack and shoot twicecould.like the gargantaun in Heroes IV.)
Id like cyclops back as well.With an area attack,of course.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 15:49

Eveeryone wants' the Cyclops back. Along with the Stronghold. With both area attack and taking down walls. Go Barbarians.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 21 Jun 2006, 16:04

I don't really like the Cyclops. For a start, having been reading far too much mythology, there's the fact that Homer never actually mentioned them having one eye - that was only Polyphemus (and it wasn't on his forehead). This may sound a bit nerdish, but it's just a little thing that annoys me a bit. That and the fact that the story probably had nothing to do with the Greeks. But that's something for another time...

The reason I really don't like the Cyclops is the fact that it just always looks boring. That, and the fact that it's always ranged - I'm sure it would be a better fighter.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 21 Jun 2006, 16:13

Genesis wrote:I don't really like the Cyclops. For a start, having been reading far too much mythology, there's the fact that Homer never actually mentioned them having one eye - that was only Polyphemus (and it wasn't on his forehead). This may sound a bit nerdish, but it's just a little thing that annoys me a bit. That and the fact that the story probably had nothing to do with the Greeks. But that's something for another time...

The reason I really don't like the Cyclops is the fact that it just always looks boring. That, and the fact that it's always ranged - I'm sure it would be a better fighter.
It's true that the Cyclops in HoMM has always looked kind of plain compared to other units, but they haven't always been ranged. In HoMM I and II, they simply had an eyebeam that hit 2 Hexes. I can see how that could be considered ranged.

That might even be a cool idea for the Cyclops. Have the basic Cyclops just punch, crush, kick, or otherwise physically beat on opponents, then let the upgrade get an eyebeam attack that costs some mana or something. Or give it shots and let him use it 4 times per battle. It would still be a melee-range, 2-panel attack of course.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 16:18

Genesis wrote: That, and the fact that it's always ranged - I'm sure it would be a better fighter.
Never played Heroes II, did you.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 16:21

Genesis wrote:I don't really like the Cyclops. For a start, having been reading far too much mythology, there's the fact that Homer never actually mentioned them having one eye - that was only Polyphemus (and it wasn't on his forehead). This may sound a bit nerdish, but it's just a little thing that annoys me a bit. That and the fact that the story probably had nothing to do with the Greeks. But that's something for another time...
And medusa was just one creature,as well as minotaur and cerberus,nightmare is a dream,etc,etc,etc.Your point is?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 16:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:nightmare is a dream,
Actualy I think Nighmare was a mythological creature long before D&D made them into horses.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jun 2006, 16:29

Just give the cyclops a greathammer and he will do fine, he could always throw the hammer head against the walls if the hammer breaks apart in melee :devious:

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 21 Jun 2006, 16:34

DaemianLucifer wrote:And medusa was just one creature,as well as minotaur and cerberus,nightmare is a dream,etc,etc,etc.Your point is?.
Why not call them Polyphemus then? :D
Never played Heroes II, did you.
Oh yeah, I forgot that. Still, in the last two incarnations they've been ranged and I wouldn't want that trend to continue.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 16:36

Genesis wrote:Still, in the last two incarnations they've been ranged and I wouldn't want that trend to continue.
But area attack is cool, even if it's not copied from the X-Men.

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 21 Jun 2006, 16:41

Having 'laser eyes' is just crap and cheesy.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 16:41

Genesis wrote:Why not call them Polyphemus then? :D
And lets call angels Michael,devil should be Lucifer,pit fiend Belzebub,etc :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 16:42

Genesis wrote:Having 'laser eyes' is just crap and cheesy.
please, it's "concussive energy beams".

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jun 2006, 17:04

and they give headache!

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 21 Jun 2006, 17:18

Let's have a compromise: cyclops might be a melee/ranged creature who drags the nearby enemies and throw them against the foe. What do you think?

Sure, they could have laser eyes as special powers.

Oh, and their one-and-only eye should be on their belly above a "Who cares about Homer?" sign.

Hm...

I wonder what a cyclops like this would do with the mammoths from the snow-based race of the other thread... Cool. : )

Return to “Heroes V-VI”