Race and Town Creation Contest - Please tell me your ideas

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Articun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Race and Town Creation Contest - Please tell me your ideas

Unread postby Articun » 12 Jan 2006, 08:40

Well, it isn't finished and still need a lot of work but i'd like to hear your opinion as well guys ;|

ZEON FACTION
“We illuminate the world and its course by the shadow of the sun”

• Aka: The High Elves and Archons
• Associated colors: Gold and Black
• Worship: Agresha, the Great Dragon of Fire, Ruler of Life and Evolution
• Core philosophy: “Evolve through art and knowledge, preserve peace”
• Country / kingdom: Merethar, the Enchanted Land
• Capital city: Elgond, the Invisible Castle
• Key symbols: Pent alpha with dragon
Description: Unknown to the world, hidden for ages, High elves and Archons live in peace with nature, magic and knowledge of the ancient secrets. They have kept the ancient history and became the historians of the world. Sometimes, they even change the outcome of actions to the benefit of the whole.

High Elves, have the ability to shape shift into other players and creatures thus making them invincible even when they’re outside Elgond.
Archons have the ability to charge their swords with elemental power of their liking.

BRIEF HISTORY
The origins

ASHA, the Primordial Dragon of Order creates the world by giving it shape and purpose. She then gives birth to the Elemental Dragons who are destined to guide and rule her creation. The mortal races are created as “servants of the Dragon Gods”, and placed upon the earth. Each chooses its gift and its patron. The quiet and meditative Elves choose SYLANNA, the Dragon of Earth.

Elder Wars – The Angels launch a crusade on the Faceless. The destruction is terrible, and the elder races suffer tremendously. Early Elf civilizations and kingdoms are destroyed.

The Kingdom of Zeon, is forced to leave the capital in ruins after this devastating war. Other elven races are scattered and hard to find. Dissapointed by the outcome of their tribe, they begin a crusade in search of a new home. On their way, they are forced in combat by some unknown warriors. The fight is brutal and from both sides the dead, countless. King Articun of the Elves, is killed. At the same moment, fire falls from the sky and the fight is utterly stopped. Agresha, the great dragon of Fire appears before them in a fiery form. He resurrects Articun and gives him the form of a great blazing bird and names him his child.

Frightened but also gratefull, the Elves bow before their new patron and they receive the power of the sun and the ability to shapeshift, thus changing them into High elves.

Agresha, then calls forward the other warriors and bestows them the power of knowledge and Swordsmanship. They are to be known as the Archons, divine warriors that can enpower their swords with elemental energy. He then unifies the two races under the leadership of the now eternal Articun.

Archons and High Elves, lead by Articun, enter the land of Merethar. They establish a great castle and a city, to match their traditional elven coulture, called Elgond thus reviving the Zeon Faction.

Agresha, appears once more, and blesses his new disciples with the responsibility of writting the history of the world. “Shalt the world crample to pieces, you shalt put those pieces together. By the fire and light you shalt forge the new era”. He then dissapears.
The Primordial Dragons become myths and are slowly forgotten by the other factions and races. Only the Elemental Dragons are worshipped.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Jan 2006, 08:44

Sounds nice,but we already have too many elves.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 10:32

DaemianLucifer wrote:Sounds nice,but we already have too many elves.

What he said. :up:

PS: You should also post it HERE
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 12 Jan 2006, 20:11

It's nice, but as been said, there are allready 2 elven factions, a third and we could call it Elves of Might and Magic...
Grah!

thanasis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thanasis » 12 Jan 2006, 20:27

Try something with Orcs.I hate them but I love to beat them in the game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 20:44

Guys, you do realise that most likely none of the contest towns will make it in the game! Fabrice already said that there will be 11 factions in the new M&M universe. To me that means that Ubi has atleast a rough idea about what the remaining 5 factions are.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Jan 2006, 14:22

Yeah, so we could fill in the blank spots.
Grah!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Jan 2006, 17:27

Since this thread is here for proposals - I'll be so rude as to post my own here to.

Brimir

ID card:

• Aka: The Dwarves
• Associated colors: Grey, red and Brown
• Worship: Syloth, the Dragon of Fire
• Core philosophy: “Mining gets wealth, wealth equals power, power equals victory”.
• Country / kingdom: the mountain range of Rak-Nuk
• Capital city: Rak-Kofed
• Key symbols: Crossed Pickaxe and Axe, a Wind-up Key
• Description: Dwarves are a hardy race that use the power of animation and alchemy to gather wealth. They don’t long for war, they only long to be left along to gather their wealth in peace. If their wealth is threatened they will do anything to defend it.
They use their gold, silver and other precious materials to build big and beautiful cities with the sole intend to baffle any visitors.
They live in great halls under the mountain most of them connected by small mountain paths.

Brief History:

62 YSD: The Seven Cities
Dwarves are called in from the mountains to aid in building the Seven Cities. While at first it seems they want no other reward than the gold – a few golems are missing after the dwarves leave

67 YSD: The Animation
The golems stolen from the wizards are successfully cloned, though dwarven golems aren’t nearly as strong. Dwarves continue experiment with smaller golems and animations.

152 YSD: The discovery of the use of Alchemy
Red dwarves from dwarven cities finally find uses for alchemy other than healing and mana restoration. A new branch of exploding potions and poison vials are made. These increase production and help to ward off intruders.

154 YSD: Alchemy is introduced in warfare
Dwarven warriors are now equipped with potions and trained in the art of Alchemy, they become more of a tread to the Wizards as Alchemy is a different discipline than magic and Wizards are not prepared.

461 YSD: Discovery of Necromancy
Belketh, a disciple of Sar-Shazzar, discovers the path of Necromancy. Necromantic experimentations begin in the Seven Cities. Word reaches to the Dwarves of necromancy who see this as a new way of animation.

527 YSD: New Order of Dwarves
Red dwarves have always ruled the dwarves because the are the wisest of dwarves and focus their lives on science and politics, but now Brown dwarves emerge – these are normal red dwarves, but they focus only on science. Red dwarves continue concentrating on both science and poitics.

The modern ages
771 YSD: Foundation of the Silver League

Survivors of the Seven Cities establish the Silver League (the second kingdom of Magic) in the lands to the south. Necromancers flee east to the haunted valley of Heresh. Again Dwarves are the main boulders of the new cities.

813-822 YSD: War of the Broken Staff
The Necromancers attempt to crush the newborn Silver League but the Wizards gain the upper hand and invade Heresh. The Necromancers are utterly defeated and their kingdom shattered.

822 YSD: Dwarven Necromancy
Some necromancers seek refuge with the dwarves – there they learn Brown dwarves how to animate wood and combine that with the older animation of stones so create a new kind of golem; the Animatron, these beings are small and are made to help with construction and mining. Dwarves are no longer seen in the world.

824 YSD: The Dwarven Battle
Wizards capture an Animatron and declare war to the dwarves. The Wizards rush into the mountains were the Dwarves lived, but find no dwarves there. The Dwarves had moved their realm to a unexploited mountain range to the west. The Wizards declare the Dwarves extinct.

Creatures:

Level 1:
Puncher (Upgrade: Chopper)

This tiny animation consists of just a few rocks put together. It is used to punch into hard stones to gather them out of the mountain. They aren’t very strong, and not very fast. They do have a great defence and are rather simplistic, so the come in great numbers. They are also animated which means that they are unaffected by certain spells.

Level 2:
Boar tamer (Upgrade: Boar rider)

These Dwarves tame boars to do work for them, such as carrying the gold to the cities. They’re able to use them in battle as well, and though the Boars are though opponents, there aren’t many in the mountains. The boars allow the dwarves to strike first, and Boar riders to strike without retaliation.

Level 3:
Grey Dwarf (Upgrade: Axe thrower)

The grey dwarves fight with axes, and are very resistant. Even to magic, so they’re not only good as miners, but are good warriors as well. Axe throwers have been trained especially for war and there for they are experts at it. They have a ranged attack.

Level 4:
Animation (Upgrade: Animatron)

Animations are made of wooden cogs and gears, and rocks. They are animated and move quick because of the gears, they have magic resistance. Because they are made with 2 kinds of magic they have a 5% chance of failing, which means they have to wait 1 turn. Animatrons are stronger, and their magic is less flawless, so they don’t fail.

Level 5:
Brown Dwarf (Upgrade: Alchemist)

Brown dwarves have specialized in science and they are masters of Alchemy. They have a lot of potions with them at all times which they can use in battle. They are train for war as well so they can still fight. The Alchemist has more potions available and stronger ones.

Level 6:
Digger Golem (Upgrade: War Golem)

These machines are animated, but are to big for dwarves to totally animate. That’s way dwarves still need to control these golems. Because they are partly animated they react instantly to any command, and thus always have first strike.

Level 7:
Behemoth (Upgrade: Ancient Behemoth)

Behemoths are natural inhabitants of the mountains, and dwarves have managed to tame them, and use them to guard their banks and cities. They are extremely strong and scary, so scary that opponents are unable to defend themselves properly. They also don’t strike back.
Last edited by Thelonious on 30 Apr 2006, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.
Grah!

Articun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Articun » 13 Jan 2006, 18:00

You do have some very good ideas, but the dragon of fire is not very suited for this town. to be honest, sylanna or a twisted version of her or even no gods would be more appropriate. Maybe a Dragon God of raw materials and work...

Articun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Articun » 13 Jan 2006, 18:04

Btw, you say we have too many elven towns. Well, there are 2 human factions right now, (Heaven and Academy) and we expect a third one, Stronghold. There are 2 Elven Factions, Sylvan and Dungeon and we are left with orcs, necromancers and inferno. A total of 9 towns. Should there be a drawrven town, we have a sum of 10 and i really think there's gonna be another underground faction, besides Drwarves and Dark Elves.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jan 2006, 18:14

Calling Academy a "Human" faction is like calling Dungeon a minotaur faction... On the other hand, both Dungeon and Sylvan features no less than three elves each (which, incidentally, makes for there bveing as many elven as human units), so saying that there currently isn't room for another elven faction seems reasonable.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 18:21

Articun wrote:Btw, you say we have too many elven towns. Well, there are 2 human factions right now, (Heaven and Academy) and we expect a third one, Stronghold. There are 2 Elven Factions, Sylvan and Dungeon and we are left with orcs, necromancers and inferno. A total of 9 towns. Should there be a drawrven town, we have a sum of 10 and i really think there's gonna be another underground faction, besides Drwarves and Dark Elves.
Why should stronghold be human?It could be orcish.And academy is actually a human town,even though it has just one human unit.A dwarven town would be an excelent addition.And it could worship the dragon of earth.But fire would also fit it well.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2006, 18:31

Gaidal Cain wrote:Calling Academy a "Human" faction is like calling Dungeon a minotaur faction... On the other hand, both Dungeon and Sylvan features no less than three elves each (which, incidentally, makes for there being as many elven as human units), so saying that there currently isn't room for another elven faction seems reasonable.

7 elves (if u don't count the sprite), 6 humans! The Angel is not exactly human, if you count him as such you might ass well count the elves as humans! Being slim and having pointy ears is even less different than having wings!

Stronghold hopefully willl be a Orc town (i wouldn't mind a Berserker though)!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jan 2006, 18:37

ThunderTitan wrote: 7 elves (if u don't count the sprite), 6 humans! The Angel is not exactly human, if you count him as such you might ass well count the elves as humans! Being slim and having pointy ears is even less different than having wings!
Right. Even better for my argument ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 18:46

Well,an orc can also go berzerk.It doesnt have to be human.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

@ Dwarven Town

Unread postby omegaweix » 13 Jan 2006, 18:59

Wow!

Actually i do not care about dwarves or their possible appearance in H5 (in fact, really hated them in Disciples II) , but this concept of Thelonius is quite awesome!

Some really interesting thoughts and ideas behind that....

....and a tiny little bit of technics in it but without being "unproper for a fantasy setting" like the Forge for example, means, no guns and no "High tech"!

Go on, little white mouse, give us more!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 19:22

Excelent ideas Thelonious.Although first strike isnt the ability that will be implemented in HV.But you can always replace it the the famous charge -> resist charge -> negate resist charge -> negate negate res...Ups,sorry.I got carried away there

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2006, 19:45

DaemianLucifer wrote:Excelent ideas Thelonious.Although first strike isnt the ability that will be implemented in HV.But you can always replace it the the famous charge -> resist charge -> negate resist charge -> negate negate res...Ups,sorry.I got carried away there
On the official HoMM5 site it says that there are 170 creature abilities. I wonder how many of those are unique.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Jan 2006, 20:21

Thanks for the feedback :D - it took me time to figure out good names like the animation - but I think they worked out ok. :-D

About the dragon of fire - well I just thought, the dwarves need fire for their potions, and fire for their great halls, and they actually abuse the earth - by hacking it away so that's why I though fire would be more apropriate. I thought about water, but it doesn't mix with the colors and the background at all.

Making a faction is harder than I thought - so Articun - great job, though the main race was a misser > you worked out the histroy etc. great!
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 20:23

Ive mentioned once how Illithid can be brought to heroes.Well heres a general(although quite unfinished) concept of them.

NOTE:This is just a concept,so dont take it too setriously,or else Im gonna get my a$$ sued by TSR,ups,I mean wizards of the sword coast.

mind flayers

• Aka: The Illithid
• Associated colors: Purple and grey
• Worship: Dragon of chaos
• Core philosophy: “One race,one mind,one world”
• Country / kingdom:
• Capital city:
• Key symbols: Intelect devourer
• Description: Illithid are very mysterious race that has long been hidden from the rest of the world.No one but them knows where they came from,how or why.They simply appeared one they.They consider every other race as inferior and will do everything to enslave them.Using their poverful psionic powers,Illithid can make anybody as dumb as a rock,and thus being enslaved by them is a faith worse then death.Slaves are also sometimes used as food for Illithid,although they prefer concience victims over slaves.Illithid feed by using 4 special tentacles on their faces to suck the brain out of their unfortunate victim.They also have strange pets,the Intelect Devourers,which have appeared the same way as Ilithid,so they were probably brought by them to this world.Intelect Devourer is also their flag symbol.Illithid are being ruled by Overmind,which is basically a huge tub filled with some strange fluid that sustains in it the minds of Illithid elders.Overmind is in constant mental contact with each and every Illithid,which makes Illithid extremly dangerous as their armies act like one organizm.

Creatures:

Level 1:
Thrall -> Tthrall Brute
This isnt actually a member of Ilithid race,but their slave.Its usually a human(since they are the most plentiful),but it can be of any race:elf,dwarf,orc,you name it.Its mind is completely blank,and once its masters die,the Thrall die with them.This means that thrals are immune to mental attacks.However this makes them quite inefficiant and easy to trick in combat.

Thrall brutes are much stronger,but equally dumb.

Level 2:
Intelect Devourer
Though this creature is considered as the weakest among the Ilithid army,it is extremly dangerous.Due to its size its very hard to hit.And even though it looks like a big brain with claws,it is extremly resistant.This makes the Intelect devourer decrease all damage done to it by 1(never below 1).Also it has high magic resistance,and its mental abilities make it immune to other mental attack.Its only flaw is its low numbers.Level 3:

Level 3:
Illithid slaver
Some of the Illithid specialize themselves in enslaving other races.Though this dulls their other psionic abilities,it sharpens their domination powers.They attack by focusing all their mental energy into inflicting serious pain to the person(this is a ranged attack).Each sensible creature struck by Illithid slavers has a chance of ecoming dominated the next round(domination is similar to hypnotizing,except the creature is unable to use any of its speciall abilities).However,Illithid slavers cannot use their psionic powers over constructs and undead,thus they have to attack them in melee.Although they are immune to mental attacks,and have some magical resistance,Illithid slavers are physically fragile and low in numbers.

Level 4:
Have any ideas?

Level 5:
Illithid psionic -> Illithid mage
Every Illithid has psionic abilities,but they dont practice them very often.Illithid psionics however,practice their minds very actively,and thus their attacks are devastating in combat.They attack by special resonating rays which tear the target from inside(ranged attack,but used in melee without penalty).Unlike the slavers attack,not even constructs and undead are safe from it.They also can cast berzerk(twice in combat).As all other Illithid,they are immune to mental attacks,have some magic resistance,but are physically very weak,and low in numbers.

Illithid mages also have some spells at their disposal.

Level 6:
Wyvern -> Elder wyverns
These creatures are like smaller versions of dragons.They have been enslaved by Illithid and now serve as their slaves.They are very strong and fast.

Elder wyverns can breathe fire once every battle.

Level 7:
Ultralid

These are the most fearsom of the Illithid race.Unlike other Illithids,they are strong in both mind and body.They can attack the same way as psionics and mages,except their resonation rays strike all the targets in its path(like the mages from academy).When engade in melee,Ultralid concentratre this energy into attacking all of the foes that surround them.They also have a variety of spells at their disposal(hypnotize is amongs them).They are also immune to all mental and most magic attacks(level 1-3).Their only weakness is their low numbers.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”