Worst race in Heroes 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which race do you look at and think 'hahaha it's week 1 day 1 GG!'

Haven
11%
Sylvan
9%
Inferno
33%
Academy
31%
Necropolis
9%
Fortress
6%

Total votes: 54

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Jan 2007, 13:08

admira99 wrote:give incorporeal to wraith :D ..... just kidding
if you are talking about necro changes I would make one... leave wraiths as they are and replace the dragons with the death knights(with the same stats as the bonies and a growth of 3 per week after the horde building), and change the death strike of the death knigths from kill half of the creatures to do double damage.
That would decrease the number of dragons in the game and add an interesting twist to necro..

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 23 Jan 2007, 15:24

On big maps with "many towns you have other problems as well, most notably Necro being able to convert towns.

Well one could argue that divising the number of converted by the lvl of the creature would be a good idea, otherwise, on extra large map, one win as soon as 100 archmages are willing to join...
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 28 Jan 2007, 15:09

The more I think about it the more I think Sylvan deserves the weakest race position (worse even than Dungeon) and Sylvan badly needs a buff. That's not to say that Sylvan does not remain my favourite race - it does, edging out Necropolis right now - but Sylvan is weak. I still can't see how Sylvan can survive a rush by Nathir and his high-powered Fireball, Deleb with that Ballista or even Dungeon casting Lightning Bolt / Ice Bolt / Eldritch Arrow. And it's not that Sylvan will have a lot of Wood to build a Fort to hide in, not that that would help much.

The Wood costs are really skewed as well. 5 Wood for Sprites, 5 for Mage Guild, 12 for Hunter's Lodge, 5 more again for town level (otherwise no Druids), 15 to upgrade the Hunter's Lodge. Even under the best of circumstances Sylvan will have it tough for the first week and, unless willing to rely on Hunters not Master Hunters, a significant part of the second week on a normal map.

Hope patch 1.5 buffs Sylvan. The last tweak to the Wood costs just wasn't sufficient. If tweaked again, magical rushes would still destroy Sylvan, but Sylvan would have some solace.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jan 2007, 17:49

Weren't the wood costs introduced coz Sylvan was too powerfull or something? :rofl: BTW, we could use a sarcastic laughter smiley.

So Sylvan needs rush protection, that's why you think they're weak.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 29 Jan 2007, 02:34

I don't know, I got started with Heroes 5 at patch 1.3 stage. I do think Sylvan needs some protection from magical rushes, and one of the ways about that would be to improve their ability to quickly reach powerful units of their own. All the finesse in the world can't help when the Hunters have only 10 HP and can be quickly decimated by Nathir's Fireball.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Jan 2007, 04:51

yes I agrea here ... I think war dancers are a prety bad unit for sylvan they don t fit in, army wise , even thought they look kinda coherent lore wise .
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 12 Feb 2007, 20:57

I voted Academy, but I am starting to feel that Haven or Sylvan might be weaker.

As long as we're suggesting changes, I think something from HOMMIV might as some twists to the hero development choices as well. Why not bring back the idea of different classes of heroes that would give them a new skill or ability? Even if the heroes aren't directly in combat as they were before, this idea could still work, and would certainly have some impact on which skills a player chooses. Just a thought. ;|

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Feb 2007, 21:59

Nah there are enough abilities already. Seems like a needless complication but it depends on how it would be implemented and what the bonuses would be.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 12 Feb 2007, 22:22

I like the idea if for no other reason than id like to see some different classes. Like healers and skills to make stuff like the first aid tent better or fix IM with a class type. There could be losts a fun combos.
Corelanis used baton pass The Heroes Round Table sent out [the poster below me]

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Feb 2007, 23:52

What I'd like to see is a second class for each faction but it's too late for that...Nival hasn't even added new heroes and we are stuck with 8, most of which not good enough.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Feb 2007, 07:42

my personal opinion is academy, and what I find super difficult to grasp is why people think Inferno is weak??!!! Inferno I find one of the strongest, and if you consider what JJ says about patch 1.5 (and also considering that I have only played inferno pre 1.4 - which provides a buff for them) I am dumbfounded!!!

I guess it's horses for courses :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 18:18

I have to agree about the inferno. I don't play it often, but it is definitely not the weakest faction.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 14 Feb 2007, 16:09

Maybe this topic should be remade for patch 1.5; I'm not sure what changes have happened since I'm not playing Heroes 5 right now (heresy I know).
What I'd like to see is a second class for each faction but it's too late for that...Nival hasn't even added new heroes and we are stuck with 8, most of which not good enough.
I think so as well. In Heroes 3 you could significantly vary your faction's strategies by picking the other class of heroes; not so in Heroes 5 and all Knights will be focused on Might, for example. Quite sterile after a while in my opinion.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 14 Feb 2007, 16:13

Yes, I agree. A second class would have been great, but as you pointed out, that option is quite unlikely. The idea of different skill choices leading to different class may still be an option, if Ubival were so inclined, and different classes could help add an extra dimension to each faction. Perhaps each faction could have certain classes available only to them (aside from the starting classes, which I'm not counting in this system). That was one feature I truly enjoyed in HoMM IV, the class system.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 15 Feb 2007, 20:44

At first I thought a second class would be better but it occurred to me that with the 2 classes being present in Heroes 3, everyone kept picking one of them per faction (like who the heck played a witch as fortress?).

As for weakest faction, I'm not sure, especially in the light of new changes. Maybe Academy but on the other hand, I have yet to fight a good Academy player. Hardest is definitely Dungeon.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”