Hammers of fate question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hammers of fate question

Unread postby darkpriest » 18 Jan 2007, 11:32

i've noticed while playing the game that certain heaven creatures are red and look diffrent , like they are upgraded from a hero or something. can someone tell me what's the deal with that and how to upgrade???

Also i'm having trouble with the runes, i have built a rune shrine but no runes apper within. AM i supposed to build something else or ????

thx

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Jan 2007, 11:44

Well the red units are 'renegades' and generally can not be upgraded to from normal haven units. There is an exception (at least one) in the last campain, but for the most part you have to find them or start with them to use them. There is a town in the last campain, but I don't remember the exact map, that if the upgrade building is built and you leave either an unupgraded or upgraded haven unit in it it will become the red renegade version.

As for runes, I don't know really. Once you build the rune building and take your dwarven heroes (who have the appropriate rune skill) to it you should be able to use the runes it makes. The runes will appear over the picture of your units while in combat, and can only be used 1 time usually per fight (refresh rune will enable you to use some of them again). You must have the dwarven units, a dwarven hero, and the neccessary resources to activate the rune. If once you click on the building it doesn't show any runes at all (like you would see what spells your mage guild has) then it is a bug. If it has a rune then your heroes who has the appropriate skill will get the runes, but it will not be accessed from the spellbook, but on the bar over the dwarven units heads. Hope this helps.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 Jan 2007, 11:49

The red haven units are the "alternate" haven faction which is used as the main antagonist in the HoF campains. There is no way to recruit them or upgrade your units into them, but you can encounter them as neutrals and they may join you.
Also i'm having trouble with the runes, i have built a rune shrine but no runes apper within. AM i supposed to build something else or ????
Because of Nival's lazyness, the "old" maps weren't updated with the HoF dwarf content, so those don't include the rune spells or the dwarven heroes (even if the dwarven units and town are available). I think that's your problem. Try one of the new maps to fully enjoy the dwarves ;)

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 18 Jan 2007, 11:58

thanks again very much

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 Jan 2007, 17:15

Mytical wrote:Well the red units are 'renegades' and generally can not be upgraded to from normal haven units. There is an exception (at least one) in the last campain, but for the most part you have to find them or start with them to use them. There is a town in the last campain, but I don't remember the exact map, that if the upgrade building is built and you leave either an unupgraded or upgraded haven unit in it it will become the red renegade version.
Only upgraded troops become the renegade form, if we are thinking of the same map (map two of the mixed campaign IIRC- the one where you need to find the path to <spoiler intentionally left out>)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 18 Jan 2007, 18:50

Would that town ever appear by random on a scenario map?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jan 2007, 19:06

I don't think it's the town itself. It's much more likely that it's a script at work.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 20 Jan 2007, 14:22

got another question, are there any heroes that are locked till the end of the camping or till you do something in the game??? and where from i can download sav games from someone who has completed the campain?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”