Graphic issues

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Graphic issues

Unread postby Horizons4 » 08 Jan 2007, 17:39

Hi!

There are dots and other wierd graphic stuff appearing in the game for me. I just recently updated to 1.4. Before, at 1.3, it all ran fine, but then I was running at 1024x768 and never tried 1280x1024 which I am running the game in now. However, trying any of the other resolutions in 1.4 doesn't fix the problem. Here is a screenshot of the settings page where you can see both my settings and the dots http://www.geocities.com/horizons_86/screenshot.JPG

I saw other topics about 1.4 causing some graphic issues for some, but not any with the exact thing I am having.

My system is a Intel C2D E6600 2.6 Ghz, 2GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 256MB GDDR3. (Nothing overclocked and everything with original cooling).

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2007, 17:42

*nothing to see here, stupid stuff removed* :x
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 08 Jan 2007, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Horizons4 » 08 Jan 2007, 17:46

theLuckyDragon wrote:Just to rule out possibilities, are you sure it's not from the monitor (in case it's an LCD)? ;|
Well, the monitor is working fine otherwise and in other games and such. I hardly think it is that being that 1.3 worked fine.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2007, 17:53

Thought so. But ever since I had my problems with an LCD screen, that's the first thing I always check when I see dots on one.

Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Horizons4 » 08 Jan 2007, 17:56

I tried fixing the problem by updating the graphic drivers to the latest, reinstalled DirectX, as well as flashing the BIOS to the latest version (just in case)... unfortunatly it didn't help, didn't make any change at all.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jan 2007, 18:22

You could always go back to 1.3 if everything else fails.

Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Horizons4 » 08 Jan 2007, 18:33

Angelspit wrote:You could always go back to 1.3 if everything else fails.
Yeh, I am planning to do that just to make sure it actually is just 1.4 causing me this. One question though? Is it best to reinstall the game (and then install 1.3) or can I just install the 1.3 patch over 1.4?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jan 2007, 18:59

theLuckyDragon wrote:Just to rule out possibilities, are you sure it's not from the monitor (in case it's an LCD)? ;|
How do you figure the dots would have shown up on the screenshot then?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2007, 19:14

Gaidal Cain wrote:
:wall: :x :ashamed:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2007, 19:18

Gaidal Cain wrote:
You put the screen on the scaner,then print it from there :D

Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Horizons4 » 11 Jan 2007, 12:32

Hmm... seems to be working fine now. Didn't do anything though, except what I had already done. Thing was, that it wasn't just Heroes V, I later found out it even happend in another game, so then I knew it had to do with drivers or something. But anyhow, seems to be gone now in both games... just hope it won't come back. Still got this little thin grey line next to my mouse pointer in Heroes V, but it ain't much of a problem.

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 11 Jan 2007, 15:42

Horizons4 wrote:Hmm... seems to be working fine now. Didn't do anything though, except what I had already done. Thing was, that it wasn't just Heroes V, I later found out it even happend in another game, so then I knew it had to do with drivers or something. But anyhow, seems to be gone now in both games... just hope it won't come back. Still got this little thin grey line next to my mouse pointer in Heroes V, but it ain't much of a problem.
Sometimes such things can be cause by overheating. Maybe you should have a look inside your case, perhaps clean up the dust, see if the fans work ok. I'm not saying this was the reason, but it is always good to keep your comp. clean.

Just be careful not to damage anything (and blame me afterwards :S ) or even have the someone experienced do it for you.

JayThomas2007
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JayThomas2007 » 11 Jan 2007, 16:17

I second the clean computer thing. I was having various reboots and stuff. Found out my vent intake was clogged with cat hair and dust.

Cleaning fixed the problem nicely. :D

Horizons4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Horizons4 » 11 Jan 2007, 17:10

Nah I doubt it. Have two 120mm and one 80mm doing a nice flow through the entire computer with intake at the front and side and out at the back. Built the entire thing myself so I keep my beauty clean :) . And since nothing is overclocked and I use original cooling on the g. card, I sure hope it can handle it. And the temps aren't high either. But as I said, seems to be fixed now, and works fine even after several hours of gaming and hard preasure on the g. card. Now I just need to win this map I'm playing :) .

Return to “Heroes V-VI”