about new maps

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nemanja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

about new maps

Unread postby nemanja » 17 Dec 2006, 17:29

I may be an idiot, but i don't know where should i place the new maps that i downloaded from this site - which folder in the game is the right one...?
please help!

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Re: about new maps

Unread postby LindaG » 17 Dec 2006, 19:53

nemanja wrote:I may be an idiot, but i don't know where should i place the new maps that i downloaded from this site - which folder in the game is the right one...?
please help!
You're not an idiot. They go into the maps folder of HV. If you don't have a maps folder, then open the map editor, and close it again. it should put a map folder in the HV directory, and you put your downloaded maps in there, after you unzip them. :)

TheophilaA
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheophilaA » 20 Jan 2007, 21:27

I have a related question. Do I need the expansion pack to play downloaded maps then? I don't have it currently...

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Jan 2007, 01:15

Welcome to the forums, Theophila A and nemanja! ;)

TheophilaA: It depends on the map. Here in the map database at CH, you'll be able to see if a map is playable without the expansion pack. If it's not, then you'll need the exp. pack.

A simple tip: If it has snow, you need the expansion (that was a heartless barb against Nival :D ).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

synthesia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby synthesia » 22 Jan 2007, 22:46

I dont have the map editor for some reason. and all i have is my disc. So how can i create a map directory for the game to use? I tried creating a maps folder but that didnt work (in quite a few places). But im sure theres a way of manually doing it.

any advice?

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 22 Jan 2007, 23:16

create a folder named maps in your h5 folder, insert maps into folder, as far as the map editor is concerned u must have HOF or u can download it from somewhere

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 23 Jan 2007, 00:12

Welcome to the forums, synthesia! ;)
create a folder named maps in your h5 folder, insert maps into folder, as far as the map editor is concerned u must have HOF or u can download it from somewhere
Exactly.

The editor is included in patch 1.3 (AFAIK, there's no standalone version of it).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Heroes V-VI”