Zehir's Hope crashing

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
lilian41134
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Zehir's Hope crashing

Unread postby lilian41134 » 17 Dec 2006, 12:23

I installed patch 1.4 Has anyone experienced crashing during the final battle (Zehir's Hope)? After Godric kills one of the summoned creatures, the game closes abrupty and the Windows shows you that pop-up of if you want to send an error report?

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 17 Dec 2006, 12:30

Yes, I have. Also with 1.4. What a great patch it is!

I guess we have to hope that the next patch is going to fix the problem.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 19 Dec 2006, 13:24

I have reported the bug to Ubisoft and they are looking into it right now. Meanwhile, what i did was to 'down-patch' it back to v1.3 and complete the final mission, then move on to HoF.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Dec 2006, 14:40

I was too lazy to downgrade my game so I bought Hammers instead. What a great sales incentive this bug is! :devious:

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 19 Dec 2006, 14:43

Guess I won't be putting 1.4 on mine then, since still working on finishing those.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 19 Dec 2006, 17:20

It's the deep intrigue storyline i'm after, that's why i down-patch mine to complete it before proceeding to HoF. The effort is well worth it :)

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 19 Dec 2006, 20:30

OK, so my game keeps crashing during the beginning of the battle against Biara - more precisely at the precise moment when the summoned dragons are supposed to appear. I also am playing 1.4. Would it help if I downpatched to 1.3? Or are we talking about different battles?

As much as I like the game, I have to say that it's amazingly bugged and unstable and unoptimized, especially considering that it has 6 months worth of patches by now.

PS. Isn't there a mod which enables you to save during battles? If so, I'd really appreciate a link. The first time I fought the Biara mega-battle, the game crashed during the third consecutive battle - and it would be nice to be able to save it after each one.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 20 Dec 2006, 01:13

I'm afraid you have to down-patch to 1.3 at the meantime. The crash is almost 100% replicable at my end.

teukka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby teukka » 29 Dec 2006, 18:29

I only hope that Ubisoft will not convert to automobile industry in the nearest future...

...or on the other, it might be really interesting: Buy a car with 1.6 liter engine, patch it all the way to 2.0 liters. Then start downgrading to 1.8 ...because the piece of s&%t you are driving keeps crashing two miles from your girlfriend's front porch :-D

AngelA
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AngelA » 07 Jan 2007, 23:16

FreshHope wrote:I'm afraid you have to down-patch to 1.3 at the meantime. The crash is almost 100% replicable at my end.
By downpatch- do you mean that i have to uninstall, reinstall, then patch up to 1.3 only?

The problem with that is i am on dial up 8| (yeah, scary concept, but i am in the middle of nowhere, we didnt have regular phone service here 20 years ago...) i got my son in the city to install and patch my H5- i think the patches are like, 100 megs? that would take days, here, dude.

I am wondering- can i win without gating? or will the other guys gating ruin it anyways?

AngelA

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 08 Jan 2007, 13:55

I'm sorry to say this AngelA, but besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game, then patch up to v1.3, is the only solution currently. Killing a gated stack, be it your own or enemies' will crash to the desktop. I'm presuming patch 1.5 will fix this problem, as the bug has been proven beyond reasonable doubt :tongue:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 Jan 2007, 14:05

AngelA wrote: The problem with that is i am on dial up 8| (yeah, scary concept, but i am in the middle of nowhere, we didnt have regular phone service here 20 years ago...) i got my son in the city to install and patch my H5- i think the patches are like, 100 megs? that would take days, here, dude.

I am wondering- can i win without gating? or will the other guys gating ruin it anyways?

AngelA
If you are in fact having a problem with the gating/summoning bug, then you could try going to 1.0. Just think, your summoned elementals would stack.

I was going to suggest that (space permitting) you do a second installation in a different place of heroes v and just transfer over the save file...I'm not sure that's a good idea though.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 08 Jan 2007, 14:34

Hmm that idea sounds logical, but i'm just concerned if the save files will get confused when launched into the expansions, ie if the new expansion recalls your previous legendary heroes (aka Findan etc), do they know which directory to retrieve.

AngelA
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AngelA » 08 Jan 2007, 23:55

FreshHope wrote:Hmm that idea sounds logical, but i'm just concerned if the save files will get confused when launched into the expansions, ie if the new expansion recalls your previous legendary heroes (aka Findan etc), do they know which directory to retrieve.
Well, in my case- i dont have the expansion yet. And at the rate i am going, maybe the new patch will be here before i get far enough to want the new expansion.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”