Cranky Hero

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jan 2006, 04:33

Furay wrote:
Yeah, well you're not being "constructive" at all! I don't see any "masses" here yet, so Mr. CH's comments were defenitely meant only for Heroes fans, who know what the score is regarding SF!

You've been trying to bury the SF issue since the begining of time. So if it's it the "masses'" minds you are after, this isn't the forum in which you should be posting.
Well, well.. seems like HodgePodge continues to make me feel unwelcome at these Forums. My intention was to get more involved in the new forums, with H5 approaching, but alas, I will have to revert back to my non-involvement side, thanks HP.

FYI, I have been (for maps initially, then news), and I started playing from H2 onwards, and am an avid fan of Heroes in all its conceptions, just ask my wife (does that make me true or loyal?). As my counter suggests however, I am not much of a forum poster, and I usually do not like to get too involved in discussions because of the reasons I am encountering now.

I must say that I don't think I have said anything too overt, and my intention was to be constructive. I will try to remain relatively silent from now on, and avoid upsetting HP any further.

Furay.

PS: The new comic is spot on.
Hey, don't try to blame anyone else for your "non-involvement side". Maybe if you weren't so sarcastic you would feel more involved. And if you've been "visiting CH since 2001" you would not be expecting the "masses" to understand the subtlety of Mr. CH's mind.

Anyhow, no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome. Just the contrary … it's you who tries to make others feel unwelcome. You've been on my @$$ ever since I posted my feelings about SF. So get off your "holier than thou" high-horse and become a real human being!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Jan 2006, 04:49

Ok,we have a little too much boiling blood here :flame: !Why dont you two just :smooch: and make up?

Ok,after this simple argument,Im sure SF will get banned forever:Look what HodgePodge has turned into because of starfoce. :proud: :devil:
Angelspit wrote: By the way, I need your help to name the new female character. Details are here.
You have put the wrong link.I think you wanted this one viewtopic.php?t=555

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jan 2006, 04:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ok,we have a little too much boiling blood here :flame: !Why dont you two just :smooch: and make up?
Heehee, love your little smoochy emoticon.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 12 Jan 2006, 07:08

*HEHEEE!* :D Mr. Cranky Hero SHOULD be in HOMM V!!! I just spilled coffee in my keyboard while reading, but possible electrical shocks / explosions (seen too many american movies I know) are welcome at the price of these laughs! :-D

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 12 Jan 2006, 10:07

HodgePodge wrote:Anyway, my point was, that only us "oldies" will get some of the jokes that Mr. CH conjures up, such as the current Conflux cartoon. That's okay, I just bristle at anyone who doesn't get the punchlines, criticizing the author of the Mr. CH series.

Long live the Angel of ROFLMAS! Image
So, where's the punchline?
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Jan 2006, 12:33

Lol! That was hilarious :hoo:

CH is great!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 12 Jan 2006, 14:20

Great comic Angel Spit!
Grah!

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 12 Jan 2006, 14:25

Nice comic haha.

I'm so glad that i fell into the "true" rather than "loyal" cathegory. I've been playing heroes since homm1. Tr00 dat!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Jan 2006, 17:14

[quote="gravyluvr]

Do I sense a conflict between royalists & trulists boiling? Guess it may have started alredy :yes: :no: :hail: :libra:
Last edited by Orfinn on 16 Jan 2006, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 12 Jan 2006, 19:02

Cranky hero should have his own forum, with a thread dedicated to each new strip.

Maybe a subforum of a forum... like so:

Funny Stuff! => Craky Hero => Volume 1
Funny Stuff! => Craky Hero => Volume 2
etc etc

then, if you create a new character that is deserving of their own strip, you can easily create a new subforum for them too:

Funny Stuff! => Beavis & Butthead => Volume 1
Funny Stuff! => Daria => Volume 1

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby umfridus » 12 Jan 2006, 19:16

This one is of syndicated comic strip quality. Excellent! :applause:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jan 2006, 19:53

Orfinn wrote:Do I sense a conflict between royalists & trulists boiling? Guess it may have started alredy :yes: :no: :hail: :stop: :libra:
What about the REAL fans. You know, the ones that have also played Kings Bounty! Why weren't they mentioned? :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Jan 2006, 21:50

a55a55in wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:Anyway, my point was, that only us "oldies" will get some of the jokes that Mr. CH conjures up, such as the current Conflux cartoon. That's okay, I just bristle at anyone who doesn't get the punchlines, criticizing the author of the Mr. CH series.

Long live the Angel of ROFLMAS! Image
So, where's the punchline?
Back when 3do was making the expansions for Heroes III, they were proposing a new town called the "Forge" which would have been a techo-war machine town type. The outcry against the Forge was fierce. Apparently, there were even some death threats made against 3do/NWC employees, so 3do came up with the Conflux instead.

The "punchline" in my mind at least, is that history is repeating itself with Nival discussing the "Fonclux" as a new town for the Heroes V expansions, and Mr. CH was one of the ones who sent a death threat back in 1999.

protecyon
Golem
Golem

Great Comic

Unread postby protecyon » 13 Jan 2006, 00:57

Great comic Angelspit. I'm anxiously waiting for the next issue.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jan 2006, 13:03

I consider myself just a fan.Though I still actively play both 3 and 4,and have played 1 and 2 (and kings bounty)for some time,I dont want myself labeled as any of those titles.Simply because I wont blinedly buy the 5th expansion because the previous ones were great.I did it twice before(doom 3 and EEII),and Ive regreted it.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 13 Jan 2006, 14:07

[quote="HodgePodge]Back when 3do was making the expansions for Heroes III, they were proposing a new town called the "Forge" which would have been a techo-war machine town type. The outcry against the Forge was fierce. Apparently, there were even some death threats made against 3do/NWC employees, so 3do came up with the Conflux instead.

The "punchline" in my mind at least, is that history is repeating itself with Nival discussing the "Fonclux" as a new town for the Heroes V expansions, and Mr. CH was one of the ones who sent a death threat back in 1999.[/quote]
Ah yes, I've heard of that news before, my friend, an avid heroes III player loves the 'crazy' ideas. I went like 'what the h***' when he told me the robots on the battlefield. :|
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 16 Jan 2006, 16:38

Cranky Hero has returned!

- this time Cranky picks up an all-time favorite topic ...

The large image is here.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2006, 16:59

Heh heeee... Well, at least there will be proof he's responsible when he's got that sledgehammer in his hands and the staff sees him smash up their inventory. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 16 Jan 2006, 16:59

WOOO FRIGGIN HOOO!

OMG I LOVE IT!

edit: Ok, now that I have my composure back, and I am NOT rolling on the floor laughing so hard my eyes are tearing up....

This is by far the funniest thing about StarFarce (you should have had that in the comic as the name, lol) that I have seen. We definitely needed that.
Last edited by Vision on 16 Jan 2006, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Jan 2006, 17:02

He should offer to pay them if they bring him to any office they like and he smashes it ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”