When you get the game, which town will you play first?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

which town in the first game

Academy
18%
Dungeon
10%
Haven
22%
Inferno
9%
Inferno
9%
Necropolis
17%
Sylvan
15%

Total votes: 88

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 11 Jan 2006, 06:28

It seems I am once again on the side of the least popular town. Oh, well. Maybe in actual gameplay the Inferno will come out as a winner. I'm definitely going to start with them, though.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 11 Jan 2006, 12:15

The human faction always seem to have the first campaign in most strategy games. Something familiar to get to know the game with. I'll play the campaigns in order, so it will certainly be Haven.
A cat is fine too...

Odium
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Odium » 12 Jan 2006, 01:11

I'm not sure but I think it will be Haven.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 12 Jan 2006, 10:18

Like so many others, Tutorial->Campaign. I figure by the time I'm done with the campaign I've gotten a favourite to try out in single-player maps and such.

Abaddon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Inferno

Unread postby Abaddon » 12 Jan 2006, 11:00

:devil: Inferno without a doubt. I've liked it since Heroes III.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Voted Academy

Unread postby omegaweix » 12 Jan 2006, 15:39

Well, first the tutorial!

And then Academy.... give me my elephant, my turban, my big belly, heavy jewelry and strange blue fog coming out of the elephants.... well... yess... and start conquering!

Really appreciate, that Academy gained so much favor throughout the community... when the first screens were published i really thought they would become the most hated race in H5 (of course behind S&M Dungeon) :-D.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

rainman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rainman » 13 Jan 2006, 11:01

Voted inferno. Although my all time favourite is wizard (academy) and I will probably end up playing it most, inferno has the most impressive line-up (at least visual) and I can't wait to see them in combat. Die humans! :devil:
Lost

Daesthai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daesthai » 13 Jan 2006, 14:42

I'll start by playing the campaigns. So whatever order they're presented in.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 14:08

doesn't surprise me Inferno is last.

1. they were the first town (along with Haven) to be revealed. Novelty is gone.

2. boring units. from level 1-7 it's all a bunch of demons with varying degree of sun burn and size. it's just a bunch of red critters with flame engulfing from them. oh wait, I take that back. there's the oh-so-original Nightmare there. which interestingly enough is at the same level as its not so dissimilar unicorn friend.

compare that to the academy with its interesting slew of creatures. we have the mechanical golem which looks funkier than ever upgraded. the 20 feet high bodybuilder with the overtrained chest and overlooked calves.

and we also have Yoda who assists the psychadelic arabs with their colorful robes. the gargoyle is pretty sweet too.

need I mention the Genie with a finger so big you can't quite sit on it? that is; until the rakshassa has torn you a new one with his four arms of ass-tearing doom.

compare that to the red dudes on 'roids and it's quite simple to see why the inferno is such a boring town. at least it doesn't infest the necropolis anymore..

oh well; I'm passive agressive and I prefer might over magic so my vote goes to Haven.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jan 2006, 14:08

I don't belive Heaven is first! 8| More people vote 4 Academy please. B-)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 18 Jan 2006, 13:11

ill probably play my first game as necropolis for the fun of it, i always had alot of fun playing with them... but when the serious gaming start ill probably swich to my fav faction: Academy

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 01:49

Haven... but it could be inferno too, closely followed by necropolis, but as I´ll begin with haven, it´s more likely I´ll stick with it till the end, it´s always like that: I try to be a necro or inferno guy, but the angels always get me good!
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Jan 2006, 04:49

Hey! Academy is in the lead! :-D

Revised my decision.

Tutorial -> Campaigns -> Online (and win)

Morannon: We never got to play eachother in Disciples II. But what do you say about taking that battle in Heroes V instead? :D

Gonna pwn you in that open beta tournament! :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 09:06

Campaigner wrote:Hey! Academy is in the lead! :-D
What? Heaven is first. Damn hummies.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 12:15

Yeah man! Haven 4 life!
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 13:10

arthureloi wrote: Haven 4 life!
Well that's cruel and unusual punishment! :devil:

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 16:57

Haven rulez friend! I´ll tear everyone´s limbs with my angels and give it to my peasants to eat! Mwgaaaaaaaaa and my mighty archers shall be in the top of the world, raining death on your golems, titans and gremlims, and then the spirit of Christian the knight shall lead them to the top of the beta tournament! :tsup:

Hurry Sundown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Boulder Colorado: Steve Cossey 700 30th St.apt c2 Boulder CO 80303

Unread postby Hurry Sundown » 23 Jan 2006, 00:05

why not put a short decription after each faction name - I'm 51 and forgetful, OK. Stoner Moment-sVc
Steve Cossey

Hurry Sundown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Boulder Colorado: Steve Cossey 700 30th St.apt c2 Boulder CO 80303

a55a55in

Unread postby Hurry Sundown » 23 Jan 2006, 00:11

Hey a55a55in did you know that assassin comes from the word hashishan? THC mon, DMT - look it up on the net its soooooo coooooooool!!!!! - iTeotwawki-sVc
Steve Cossey

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: a55a55in

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Jan 2006, 05:51

Hurry Sundown wrote:Hey a55a55in did you know that assassin comes from the word hashishan? THC mon, DMT - look it up on the net its soooooo coooooooool!!!!! - iTeotwawki-sVc
Um . . . did you know that off topic comments to a specific person are better limited to PMs?

At any rate, the names may need a little definition:

Haven - Humans/Priests/Angels
Inferno - Demons
Necropolis - Undead
Academy - Wizards/Magically Summoned/Animated Troops
Sylvan - Elves/Woodland Magic
Dungeon - Dark Elves/Skimpy Outfits/Reptiles

I'm glad to see that the faction I voted for is still firmly entrenched in last place; I'd hate to think I was going with the popular crowd for once.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”