Hammers of Fate Campaign 3 Map 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hammers of Fate Campaign 3 Map 5

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 14 Dec 2006, 06:45

Hi

I am stuck on the last campaign where I have to get through to Thor Hallwithin 2 months. Although I have lots of heroes I only have a haven to build up creatures so really need to rely on Freyda, Isabel (who comes with no forces) or Duncan for force. I have no trouble getting through the garrisons but then when I proceed to Thor Hall I get my tail whipped. Do I need to wait until last possible moment before attacking to ensure maximum build up or is there some other place on map on can go to for extra recruits?

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 14 Dec 2006, 08:13

I finished the campaign on 'Normal' so I'm not really the expert, but what the hell :-)

You can try the following:

Search for the artifacts. I don't know if they are random or not - in my game I had bag of gold (1000gp per day) and the ring which reduces enemy's luck (I forgot its name), which helped a lot. Of course primary stat boosters are good too have too.

Finish the red town (evil humans) in the west. The way towards it is guarded by garrison with 10000 'farmers of hate' so that's not an easy pick, but it pays off: you get second, quite well developed town + access to some mines (including a gold mine).

You can also send your Warlock back to dungeons - behind the Border gate you've passed on your way to Duncan's town, there's a teleport which leads to neutral Dungeon - again, additional gold doesn't hurt.

With all that done I just hired everything I could from both Haven towns and that was enough to defeat the Dwarves long before the 'deadline'. Of course it depend on your heros too - in my game I managed to make Freyda uber-strong.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Dec 2006, 08:24

Possible Spoilers proceed at own risk.

Ok this is a rather hard map, but there are a lot of extra places you can get to. Orange has 3 cities underground (inferno) and the key tent right past the first garrison to the north will allow you access to a dungeon town underground also. There is another haven town on the right side of the map on the topside, but it is guarded by 10k of the haven version of conscripts. One way to limit losses is instant travel (your haven town will usually have it if nothing else) so just pop over conquer red and you can have 2 haven towns. I myself am still trying to beat this but the key seems to be assigning tasks.

Wulf (the dwarf) should use instant travel to skip pass the first garrison and reach the tent. Freyda and the dungeon hero should go underground and stamp out orange quick, and 1 of the remaining two (most likely isabel) should stay in the town while duncan (if enough troops) helps wulf (back from the tent) flag all the dwellings. Send Wulf toward red (flagging on the way) and have him instant teleport over the 10k garrison and stomp out red. Then you have to make a decision. Build up Dungeon or Inferno or neither. Why? Well though it would affect your morale abit Freyda will be your key to victory. Now your army can be comprised of up to 3 different towns and you still will have great morale. You can mix up your greatest team and also have (if I remember correctly) 3 level 7's to boot. Archangels (don't remember if they can be made honestly but if not you still have a heck of a possiblilty), black dragons and devils. Personally I don't go with devils but hey they are tough. When I defeat it (had to start over because of bad skills) I will let you know what my army was comprised of.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H of F Campaign 3 Map 5

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 14 Dec 2006, 19:46

Thanks guys I will give it a whirl and see what happens. I have to admit I am not keen on going down in the dungeon as I find the dungeon lords seem to have some serious troops. In my initial attemps to get just as far as Horncrest I lost once to an overeager dungeonlord and then another time when one of my heroes was standing too colse to the entrance to the underground and a dungeon lord appeared.

Zwierz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zwierz » 14 Dec 2006, 21:12

Here is what i did (on hard):

During the first obj. (get to the human town) try to make as few loss as posible. Don't ignore Isabel -her 1 archangel and 2 paladins can beat those 6-7 black drags guarding the hammer 120 vamps guarding the bag of gold and renegade units guarding some of the mines.I had implosion and lightning withmaster of storms with Yala -it helped a lot (I lost a 1 dragon and 15 furrys during this faze).

After caping the town build order of paladins upgrade your cavaliers buy war machines if your heroes know how to use them (Freyda ,Yala and Wulfstan had expert in those for me).Give all human units to Freyda and send her with Yala to cap the demon towns(Beat the closer garnison with Freyda and get the two demon towns there + use instant travel with Yala to get over the second garnison and cap the last town).

With Wulfstan capture the mines and claer the way to the farmers of hate garnison (with good set of skills, good strat, and a bit of luck you can kill them with few loses but that is not important for now)then retur to the dwarven garnison on the north and clear it,visit the blue tent.Now send him with Duncan to start caping mines and other stuff in the snow area
Send Freyda back and with little truble you should take the farmer garnison , cap the second human town and take the rest of the towns.
Use Yala to visit the blue gate and take the town and lots of mines behind the portal (use spells to kill raiders guarding it).
It should take you about a month to do all of this.

Give all your best items to Freyda,visit all stat boosting places during the next 3 weeks.Use caravans and Duncan to transport all of you troops to her for the final battle(don't forget to upgrade you farmers to marksmen-you should have tons of gold ).
Just for fun i caped the second garnison with Yala and dungeon forces (I builded up her town but this is not important)
Attack Tor Hral in day 7 or day 1 you should overwhelm poor Thogral :]

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Dec 2006, 19:32

Actually I changed my strategy on this and it worked amazingly (only took me like 15 tries to get my strategy right :(). Ok after securing the town send the dark elf down to the inferno towns all by her little lonesome. Send wulf to take the garrison straight to the north (no need to dimension door, he can do this as all he will be doing after will not reduce his forces much) and grab the tent. Then send him flagging mines. Place all your haven forces with your strongest hero that has instant travel. On your way to the town on the far right of the map flag everything you can without reducing your troops too much. (the arena is a must). Make sure the first time you instant travel past the 10k creature garrison and take the town and mines on that side. Wait there for a bit with that hero (make sure if you have to choose a haven hero to be in a town it is one with recruitment :).) Ok while doing this the other two haven people won't have many critters (you did give all your good creatures to the one headed to the town on the far right, correct? good). So 1 stays at town, the other just sits and twiddles their thumbs. Now the dark elf should never stop, and if they have instant travel they should use this...to conquer the inferno towns...All three. However (and this is key) unless you need troops or to build money dispensers) DO NOT upgrade the towns you will not need them. Now if they are strong enough after this go ahead and take the dungeon town but their job is pretty much over. (I know...huh? will get to that). Now since you have a lot of gold coming in from all the towns build your haven town up fully). Hire every week from both towns selling off resources if neccessary (with 5 or 6 marketplaces and silos this will not hurt as much). Keep hiring for a couple weeks. You can send wulf up to collect the artifacts up to the north just don't go past the second garrison. Train all your peasants to marksmen in both towns. If you start running out of time just town portal him. Now have your strongest and your 'free' haven person (after giving them all the creatures you can) converge at the 10k creature garrison with Wulf (yes you heard me with Wulf) and make sure to have the dark elf give all her artifacts to Wulf (they should have a few). Now pop over with the good haven hero, and collect the haven army to Wulf (will explain this also :)). Give all the best artifacts to him and (now here is the key..he has fireball and ignite right? good, if not have the strongest haven hero do this instead but it will hurt a little more I think but perhaps not). Ok all that is done, since you didn't bother giving him peasants that leaves an open slot, take whichever of Wulfs creatures you like best, but I would suggest the Rune Patriarchs).

The battle. Do not close and engage the enemy, make them cross most of the battlefield. During this time you should be fireballing as many as possible, shooting them, and otherwise making their lives miserable. I know you wanted to split your marksmen but believe me this is much better. Now your AA's and paladins can mix it up and your imp griffs can dive bomb as soon as they will reach you in their next turn. Make sure the paladins target the biggest stack remaining, you'll take losses but that is ok. Try not to loose your AA's if possible (you can see where this is going right?). Oh and your marksmen should always target the biggest stack (so should your inquisitors) regardless who is closest (that is what your squires are for). Keep the creatures away with your squires or whatever means possible from your marksmen. Now if you have patriarchs they can hit more then one stack at a time (why I like them) or throw up a fire wall (I believe) if things get desperate (to protect the marksmen) it is ok if you loose a few creatures (even marksmen) because you will wait at least a bit for reinforcements. Using this strategy I lost 2 AA's *sighs* which I should not have to be honest, 3 paladins (after the aa's ressurect) and 11 marksmen. Not bad vs 10k creatures. Probably could actually have done better with Isabel as she was a lot stronger then I at first believed. Now with that out of your way, send your people back to collect any creatures you may have missed (and train them). Once the clock is as close as you can get (remember you have to travel some) Collect at the 1st north garrison and pile them on your strongest haven hero with instant travel. (you can go with wulf or the dark elf too but my isabel actually was really really strong for some reason so I used her..skills were expert war machines, expert light, expert leadership, expert attack, exper luck, with some killer perks (including gaurdian angel which I never needed). So send this one up and jump over the top north garrison. Now here is the key if you can without too many losses take the red hero outside the dwarven gate (lots of exp, may get you a level if you are lucky). I did this with NO losses with Isabel. I don't even know how many creatures I had when attacking the dwarf stronghold, but it was a LOT. 600+ marksmen, 50+ paladins, 14+ AA's. A bunch of the others oh and I 'borrowed' wulfs rune priests again because they can hit more then one creature. If you don't split your marksmen borrow the strongest creature stack you have from wulf or the dark elf, they wont need it). Even with sending my AA's and griffens straight into battle (which I really did not need to do as my catapult was doing serious damage to the walls), I decimated his army. Even the extra 750 he got from his 'special' building didn't even slow me down. (Note she got the artifacts from Wulf, just so you know). I lost a lot of creatures (he was not going down without a fight), with my AA's and all that, I came out the easy victor. Even with him ganging up on my pallies and AA's I had 40+ paladins and 11 AA's. My others were barely scratched. (Not once did I need to cast ressurect). I cast all my mass buffs (had haste as the only mass but your units have perminate bless with this isabel) and benidiction, and then just divine insperation my pallies or AA's.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Heroes V-VI”