Most powerful racial skills

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which racial skill (excluding necromancy) do you think is the most powerful?

Poll ended at 20 Dec 2006, 00:51

Counterstrike
16%
Gating
57%
Artificer
11%
Irresistible Magic
11%
Avenger
5%

Total votes: 37

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Most powerful racial skills

Unread postby tb5841 » 13 Dec 2006, 00:51

Couldn't find this yet, so thought I'd ask...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Dec 2006, 01:45

Why excluding necromancy?Furthermore,since FoH is out,wheres the rune magic?I wont vote in a broken poll :devil:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 13 Dec 2006, 02:25

Gating is the obvious choice; it adds a whole dimension to the Inferno army. Free, expendable creatures that you can use to farm. Very powerful - no wonder Inferno's creatures are relatively unremarkable.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Dec 2006, 02:31

I vote Gating, even though the poll misses the pretty cool Necromancy and rune magic .... but I woulda voted Gating anyway .... love the inferno
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 13 Dec 2006, 05:08

For me it was between Counterstrike and Gating (even though Sylvan as a faction rocks; it is my favorite faction :D)
In the end I voted for Counterstrike (200+ Marksmen in week three is just abusive...not many things can survive a shot from THAT that early in the game).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Dec 2006, 06:19

Gating or necromancy.On favourable terms avenger can prove better but it's a pain in the b*tt to change favoured enemies every time you get back to town.Training has possibly the best potentia(MANY paladins)l but it will be nerfed so it is unworhy of my vote :devil: Not that I can vote,the poll seems incomplete.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Dec 2006, 06:45

Of the skills here gating, (even though Sylvan is my co-favorite). Including the missing ones I would still have to say Gating. Rune magic is nice and all, but limited (which is not a bad thing mind). Don't like necropolipse so no way I am voting for Necromancy.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 Dec 2006, 09:31

Of the ones listed I say gating.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 13 Dec 2006, 11:19

I was sure I'd added rune magic. Sorry everyone...

Necromancy seemed pointless to put in, since it would have won every vote.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Dec 2006, 11:25

Not true say I. I would not vote for Necromancy if it was the only skill listed. Necropolipse is not a bad town, don't get me wrong, but it just isn't for me. I have a very hard time with academy but will almost always choose it over necropolipse. Just lacks...something for me..but can not point to something and say hey that's the problem right there. And this is a bit unusual because I enjoy the darker side of things usually. Anyhow, as I said I would have voted for gating even over necromancy.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Jandos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jandos » 13 Dec 2006, 12:47

gating for sure

Lyan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lyan » 13 Dec 2006, 16:44

It's not to be the guys who want to be special but... i would choose runemagic. the choice with nercromancy was hard, but i just took into consideration which race would miss his own ability the most. it goes without saying that a necro army laking it's thousands of skeleton archer would be somehow less valuable, still the raising death spell would be there, so...

In the other way i don't see how dwarves could be any danger without runes, with their lack of ranged firepower and Atk... i would not even give em a try.

Gating is somehow amazing but i simply hate inferno, their i'm red and i burn design goes incredibly quickly on my nerves... but still i admit that gatting is somehow really crucial for em ... still less than runemagic for dwarves.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Dec 2006, 20:09

I suppose Necromancy may be the most beneficial, at least in a longer game, but I prefer playing with Gating since it offers more tactical possibilities. In general, I find Inferno the most fun to play and Gating is one reason.

Do we count Elemental Chaining as part of Irresistible Magic? I might want to change my vote.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Dec 2006, 21:26

runelore.....
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 13 Dec 2006, 22:57

Out of those, it's gating. Necromancy is my favourite though.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

gaspi2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby gaspi2 » 14 Dec 2006, 18:21

Gating 4 sure:)

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 15 Dec 2006, 03:07

Artificer. Helps even out all Academy heroes even though it can be a pain to afford that first artifact. Unlike Rune magic, you should get the cost back and at the end of the game, the bonuses are fantastic.

If you make it that far.

Linthar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Linthar » 15 Dec 2006, 03:26

My vote goes for counterstrike. The number of marksman you can get is simply absurd.

Gatings an easy second though. It has an huge number of tactical uses, and would definatly get my vote for favorite racial skill.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 14:07

Avenger for me. Hard to get used to, but when finally got into that racial its deadly as ragnarok 8|

I dont think rune magic should be counted as racial since its just an unique magic school. And Runelore are to varied to be counted as racial in comparison to the other factions racials, since basic, advanced, expert and absolute are just improvement over the previous one.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 17 Dec 2006, 20:23

Orfinn wrote: I dont think rune magic should be counted as racial since its just an unique magic school. And Runelore are to varied to be counted as racial in comparison to the other factions racials, since basic, advanced, expert and absolute are just improvement over the previous one.
I find that an odd remark. Every faction's basic, advanced, and expert racial skills are just improvements over the old one.

And I'm sorry, spending resources to buff your troops in the middle of combat may be just another kind of magic, but it still counts as a racial skill since only Runelords can do it.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”