High Elven Town

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
raju
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

High Elven Town

Unread postby raju » 10 Dec 2006, 22:57

I have been coming across suggestions for new towns for the expansion and I feel all ideas are very good. I have a suggestion for a high elven town and hope it is given some consideration. At the moment I can come up with creature names. Feel free to comment.
Level 1: Gnome; upgrade to Leprechaun
Level 2: Sylph; upgrade to Nymph
Level 3: Elven Scout; upgrade to Infantry Scout
Level 4: Pegasus; upgrade to Silver Pegasus
Level 5: Elven Priest; upgrade to Elven Wizard
Level 6: Iron Maiden; upgrade to Amazon
Level 7: Celestial Dragon; upgrade to Fairy Dragon

Jandos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jandos » 10 Dec 2006, 23:22

Elvens are already in Sylvan and Dungeon, man ;]

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 10 Dec 2006, 23:58

Jandos wrote:Elvens are already in Sylvan and Dungeon, man ;]
Agreed. I would prefer having new races, like Naga and Orcs.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 11 Dec 2006, 00:20

Fairy dragons were brilliant, hope they do return in some form.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Dec 2006, 00:42

Still would like to know more about the creatures. Perhaps changing the elven ones to some other race? :). Anyhow, ideas are good :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Dec 2006, 01:59

Though I would like to see pegasus back,and leprechauns as creatures,adding a new elven town would make me vomit.Not to mention one with a dragon in the top.

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Re: High Elven Town

Unread postby erased. over. out » 11 Dec 2006, 03:51

raju wrote:I have been coming across suggestions for new towns for the expansion and I feel all ideas are very good. I have a suggestion for a high elven town and hope it is given some consideration. At the moment I can come up with creature names. Feel free to comment.
Level 6: Iron Maiden; upgrade to Amazonwould be overkill. We are anxiously awaiting a might-oriented faction and w
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pegasus and Faerie Dragon (another dragon! :wall:) return as neutral creatures. However, I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the guys and say that another Elven town would be overkill. We are all anxiously awaiting the return of the Nagas/Orcs and would love to see a might-oriented faction.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 11 Dec 2006, 05:41

No, no, please Jesus, no. No Faerie Dragons!
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 11 Dec 2006, 12:26

High Elves would be nice as a faction, but since we already have Wood Elves and Dark Elves, there is no room for them. BTW, I'm not sure if High Elves even exist in Ashan.

Iron Maiden? I unintentionally have to think of Judas Priest as an upgrade. ^^

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 11 Dec 2006, 12:40

raju wrote:I have been coming across suggestions for new towns for the expansion and I feel all ideas are very good. I have a suggestion for a high elven town and hope it is given some consideration. At the moment I can come up with creature names. Feel free to comment.
Level 6: Iron Maiden; upgrade to Amazon
We already have 2 elven towns and many of these creatures are forest creatures, which is what the Sylvan faction theme.

Gnomes are completely different from leprechauns. Wizards are not advanced priests!

Leprechauns, nymphs, pegasi, and fairy dragons could appear as neutral creatures perhaps. I really like fairy dragons and would like them to reappear. They are quite different from the other dragons since they are spell casters rather than melee creatures.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Dec 2006, 12:44

But all self respecting fantasy world have at least 3 types of elves. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Dec 2006, 14:41

no more elves :-\
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 11 Dec 2006, 15:30

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: We already have 2 elven towns and many of these creatures are forest creatures, which is what the Sylvan faction theme.

Gnomes are completely different from leprechauns. Wizards are not advanced priests!

Leprechauns, nymphs, pegasi, and fairy dragons could appear as neutral creatures perhaps. I really like fairy dragons and would like them to reappear. They are quite different from the other dragons since they are spell casters rather than melee creatures.

GOW

agree with Grumpy Old Wizard,some of those creatures are really good and i guess most of us miss them,but i think they can be put together is some sort of wood town,without any elves....having two elven towns are enough,imho.

so if creatures in h6 will change towns,i suggest to move dendroids...sorry treants to this new wood town as 7 level creature,add phoenix in dragons place and more or less we have our old sorceress town back

to make story short here is my idea for those two towns

elven sorceress town

1)pixie
2)blade dancer
3)elven archer
4) elven druid
5)pegasus(with rider,maybe elven maiden)
6)unicorn
7)phoenix

woodland town

1)leprechauns
2)gnome
3)nymph
4)satyr
5)centaur
6)faerie dragon or some other spellcaster,i kinda like FD
7)treant
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Dec 2006, 18:45

haloswift wrote:no more elves :-\
What are you? Wanda Maximoff? :devil:

But seriously, the only way more elves would work it's if you give all the other races at least 2 factions, so it would even out (Orcs and Nagas included). But i'd rather leave that to WH or AoW etc.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 11 Dec 2006, 19:27

I see where this is going, something like the rampart race in homm 3
still I don't think it's a good idea
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Dec 2006, 19:39

I LOVE elves...

But...I do have to agree with the general opinion of the posters in this topic (there are too many elves already).

On a side note...I think Celestial Dragons should be the upgrade of Fairy Dragons and not vice-versa.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Dec 2006, 19:43

Celestial dragon -> Celestial heaven :rofl:

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 11 Dec 2006, 20:44

haloswift wrote:I see where this is going, something like the rampart race in homm 3
still I don't think it's a good idea
actually, it's almost a direct rip of the elven faction in Age of Wonders (except the leprechauns, which come from the halfling faction).

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Dec 2006, 21:03

erased. over. out wrote:
Level 6: Iron Maiden; upgrade to Amazonwould be overkill. We are anxiously awaiting a might-oriented faction and w
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pegasus and Faerie Dragon (another dragon! :wall:) return as neutral creatures. However, I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the guys and say that another Elven town would be overkill. We are all anxiously awaiting the return of the Nagas/Orcs and would love to see a might-oriented faction.
Couldnt be more agree. Sure no more elven towns, and sure as ragnarok no more dragons in town! Gnomes and Leprechauns are different creatures so IMHO they dont fit as upg and unupg But the rest of the proposal are fresh and nice. Your proposal gave me inspiraton to this town:

Town: (open) Planes or Highland

Hero: Field Marshal

Magic: Summoning and Light

Level 1: Gnome - Gnome Tracker
Level 2: Sylph - Nymph
Level 3: Gnome - Sharpshooter
Level 4: Pegasus - Silver Pegasus
Level 5: Gnome Mage - Gnome Wizard
Level 6: Giant Falcon/Eagle/Hawk - Thunderbird
Level 7: Giant - Golden Giant

And yes if needed the Faerie Dragon have to be neutral.

Lyan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lyan » 11 Dec 2006, 23:04

I would be glad to see a new race, but i agree with the no more elves thing :( I mean you can still imagine a new race where you could find an unit beiing elf kind but not a new race based on the elve civilisation with more fast units, gay horses, and flying fairy.

I'd be happy to see a really original race, with new units, neither from H3 nor from H4.
I could imagine something like the Traders town, with a sellsword background for its units. This could allow a wide range of creatures.

it's not that i haven't enjoyed the previous heroes (i played em more than any other game), but you know that one of the specificity of the heroes games is that... you can wait years for a new one to come :p I played heroes 4 for 4 years, and heroes 3 much longer... It's not that i haven't enjoyed playing fairy dragons, tigers, wywern and all those creatures lond dead, but when i first loaded the game i was more happy to see the brand new great units like rajahs.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”